One Gooner’s guilty pleasures, confessions and irrational thoughts by JS
This site has been a place full of angst, introspection and gloom in recent weeks. Who the next transfer will be, or even more debilitating for some – will there even be a next transfer? Anyone else got Benzema-itus? I thought I would lighten the mood a little with a few private thoughts that no matter how hard I try just never leave my mind. We all have strong opinions but I reckon we all have those nagging, sometimes irrational, thoughts that just won’t go away. Some of mine in no particular order:
1) I used to turn the TV off if Gerrard did a post match interview – the most boring interviewee in the game, probably ever. I can’t help thinking our Aaron might inherit that crown.
2) I prefer Spud pundits to old gunner “experts”. Much prefer listening to Jenas, Hoddle, Redknapp (Old ‘Arry not Jamie) than Henry, Wright, Merson.
3) Everytime I see Santi on screen an image of Manuel off “Fawlty Towers” creeps in to my mind.
4) I enjoy LvG interviews and admire his brutal honesty.
5) Everytime Wenger does an interview I pray he doesn’t say “good spir-eete” but he always lets me down.
6) I want BT Sport to go bankrupt.
7) Young players who I think are overrated and still have a lot to do to warrant the attention they get; Kane, Courtois, Sterling, Januzaj, Lukaku, Wilshere.
8) Players who are not great but are hiding in plain sight in good teams; Ivanovic, Cahill, Ramires, Fernandinho, Hart, Jones, Smalling, Henderson, Blind, Gibbs.
9) I am underwhelmed by Tomas Rosicky’s contribution over the past 9 seasons but never argue the point on here as he is clearly god-like and I have missed something.
10) Cesc nearly always looks sad to me, I still feel sorry for him – can’t help it.
Don’t forget – the above is not an invitation to argue. It is a call to other Gooners to share their secret or guilty thoughts.
Keep calm and open up!