We are just two weeks away from the January window and the Arsenal transfer rumours are multiplying in the media, despite Arsene Wenger’s statement that he didn’t want to sell anyone at all. The Chinese season has just finished and all the moneybags over in Asia are looking to poach more European stars ahead of next years battles and are willing to pay ridiculous sums in transfer fees and wages.
It is being reported that Manuel Pellegrini’s club, Hebei China Fortune, have tabled a staggering bid to land Alexis Sanchez. The Sun reports: ALEXIS SANCHEZ snubbed a staggering £400,000-A-WEEK offer from China to cement a move to Manchester City.
Arsenal’s contract rebel was sounded out about moving to Hebei China Fortune in a mega-money move. But the Chilean forward made it clear his first choice is to reunite with his former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola at the Etihad when he leaves the Gunners.
The deal to the Far East would have pocketed him a phenomenal £21million per year AFTER TAX.
That means he would need to earn around £800,000 a week to take home the same money in England.
These are crazy figures, but I guess Alexis can earn enough to live on if he stays in the Premier League, but I’m sure that Wenger would relish a massive offer if Alexis agreed to the move.
According to earlier rumours, Arsenal have already assumed a deal with Sevilla to bring Steven N’Zonzi to the Emirates, but according to the La Liga expert Guillem Balague there is no offer from the Gunners. He told Sky Sports: “The situation with Steven N’Zonzi is that Sevilla want to sell him. There was fall-out between Eduardo Berizzo and N’Zonzi, and Berizzo does not want him to return. He is not willing to let him return to the line-up – Pizarro is doing well in his position but this is mainly a discipline issue.
“Sevilla want to sell him, he’s got a buy-out clause of €40m and they will accept between €30m and €35m. He’s been seen in London but that’s because his son lives in London, he doesn’t have to go to London to strike a deal with anyone, but it’s understandable why the links with Arsenal have emerged.
“However, I understand Arsenal are not interested as they feel it would add to what they already have. At this moment in time, Sevilla have no received an offer for him.”
So still nothing to see here so far! Of course Mesut Ozil continues to be linked with Man United, despite Wenger’s assertions that there has been no approach from Jose Mourinho as yet, but the media think that Ozil is showing his love for the Gunners when he posted this last night after scoring the winning goal for Arsenal against Newcastle….
This win is dedicated to the many young guests at #AFCvNUFC charity matchday. ??? Three icecold points remain at the Emirates today. Thanks for the support, Gooners. ?? @Arsenal #YaGunnersYa pic.twitter.com/sxhgXbKWkl
— Mesut Özil (@MesutOzil1088) December 16, 2017
Does this mean he will sign a new contract? I doubt that very much! The way he is playing he is going to earn fortunes elsewhere. Erm I don’t think that Alexis is putting himself in the shop window very well….
Now we come to the latest on Thomas Lemar, who came so close to joining Arsenal on the last day of the summer window, but now the Star is saying that Chelsea are now favourites to nab him from Monaco. Their report says: CHELSEA are considering giving Monaco Michy Batshuayi in order to land Thomas Lemar ahead of Arsenal. The two London clubs are in the hunt for the France international winger.
Lemar looks set to leave Monaco in 2018, having turned down the chance to join the Gunners on deadline day in the summer. Arsenal’s pursuit of the 22-year-old as a replacement for Alexis Sanchez ultimately came too late. And ahead of the January transfer window, rivals Chelsea are edging ahead in the race. Antonio Conte needs reinforcements in attack and has shown he does not fully trust striker Batshuayi.
And the Daily Express add Chelsea believe he will give them the edge in the battle to sign Lemar. While Liverpool have also been linked, Conte’s side are also favourites with the bookies now.The Blues have money to spend in the New Year.
Lastly, according to the Express, our youngster Krystian Bielik is wanted on loan by a couple of clubs for the second half of the season. They report: ARSENAL starlet Krystian Bielik is wanted by Championship duo Birmingham City and Norwich City.
The 19-year-old spent three months on the sidelines after undergoing shoulder surgery in September but returned to reserve team action last week.
Bielik spent the second half of last term on loan with Birmingham.
He made 10 appearances for Blues, who avoided relegation on the last day of the season.
Norwich were on the brink of signing Bielik in the summer but his shoulder injury wrecked the move.
I am sure that many of youngsters will go out on loan in January, but only if (or when) the Gunners are knocked out of the Carabao Cup. Maybe we will find that out this week!