Posted on July 15, 2017 by ADMIN

Not to West Ham but is Giroud set to leave Arsenal?

After Arsene Wenger defiantly stated earlier this week that he would not be allowing the transfer of any Arsenal players to any of our Premier League rivals, the news that Olivier Giroud is not going to join West Ham this summer is not exactly a big surprise.

The reason given in the Sky Sports report confirming that the Hammers have given up on our France international striker, however, is a little different to Wenger’s new found firmness.

What the report claims that West Ham are saying is the reason for them looking at other forward options is that they have been told that Giroud has other clubs he would rather sign for, which makes it sound like his departure could still be on the cards in the coming weeks.

There have been Arsenal transfer rumours linking the big man with Everton and Marseille in his home country and now The Mirror is reporting that the German Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund are also keen. That would certainly appear to be a good move for the 30-year old, whose comments this week also left the door open for a transfer away from Arsenal.

Giroud said, “It (leaving) is an option to be honest with you.

“I’m here in pre-season, I wanted to travel. Some people asked me if I am going to travel or not. I am an Arsenal player and for the moment I am here. I just want to prepare well for the season and we will see later.

“But it is true that I really enjoyed my five years with Arsenal. I try to be professional. No matter what happens, I did my job on the pitch.

“I had an amazing welcome from the fans and from the club and it has been five amazing years for me.

“I won’t forget it, no matter what happens. We will see about my future.”

So just a few months after signing a new contract, could Giroud be heading for the Arsenal exit?

Bob.

Share Button
Watch all 37 goals that Lacazette scored last season - click here

31 thoughts on “Not to West Ham but is Giroud set to leave Arsenal?

1. ZEN2OH

I really don’t want him to leave, same as Wenger too, that’s why Wenger played both of them. But i would have prefer him to play both of them as CF, rather than play Lacazette in the wings.
    a 3.4.1.2 formation would be fine
    mustafi, kosceny, holding,
    bellerin ramsey, xhaka, kolasinac
    ozil
    sanchez/Giroud, Lacazette/Sanchez

Rate this comment: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 5

2. Muffdiver wants change...not for arsenal...for.the vending machine, I'm thirsty as f###

Giroud Is very popular at this club
    Dominant figure. If he’s already acting that way with laca
    Boiiiiii I dunno
    Not happy with him if I’m honest

Rate this comment: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 9

1. Krish

dude chill out.. you drama queen xD he did nothing thats just being over-interpreted..

Rate this comment: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 6

3. Simon

OG will stay.

Pre-season has already shown that our 2 main strikers can work together, as well as operate on their own.

Gives us huge capability and fire-power if needed. And still keep solid 3 at the back

If I were Wellbeck or Perez though – I’d be much more worried.

I’d get rid of at least one of them.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 3

1. Zimbo

Did you watch the game? That game definitely for didn’t show that they can work together. I like Giroud and l want him to stay at the club. I am also hoping he will get along with Lacazette, that’s if there is any friction. Maybe we shouldn’t read too much into what we saw in the game today, it was just testosterone getting the better of Giroud.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 1

4. Arsenal_Girl

I want Giroud to STAY
    He gives us depth and is perfect off the bench as a SuperSub

But if he does go to Dortmund, I hope Wenger can get someone from there. There are few players from Dortmund that I would love to play for us (Aubemeyang, Reus, Gotze, Dembele, Schurrle, Subotic).

Everton: Gueye, Barkley, Schneiderlin

There is nobody from Marseilles or West Ham that I want to play for us

Rate this comment: Thumb up 2 Thumb down 7

5. Sandeep

Henry was all in one striker – physic, strength, finishing, dribbling and lot of speed, good in air also. currently is there any striker with all quality?

Rate this comment: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

1. kev

I for one think he can be replaced with someone more efficient.We need someone who’s also good with his feet and not a one dimensional player.I wouldn’t even care if we sold Welbeck too as he’s shown from his time here he can’t finish.If Arsenal were serious we wouldn’t have signed him in the first place along with Giroud.But since they’re here and we are Arsenal fans let’s pretend they’re good enough.The only real CF in Arsenal is Lacazette,the rest are not good enough.They’re just here out of Wenger’s kindness.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 1 Thumb down 14

1. Dom

given any thought as to why Giroud is always chosen ahead of Lacazette in Les Bleus ? A one-dimension player ?
        Wow you do know your stuff 🙂

Rate this comment: Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0

6. Jonm

We do not know how well lacazette will do at arsenal in the more physical PL. Letting giroud go would be a big risk.

Top Gooner!. Agree or not?: Thumb up 14 Thumb down 1

7. Arsenal_Girl

Lukaku is more about physicality (pushing his way through defences and individual duels) and positioning (makes him unpredictable- he can go at CB and Full Backs)

Lacazette is a target man. He is better finisher, has more pace and better ball control and better hold up play.

For Arsenal Lacazette is the right striker
    For United Lukaku is the right striker

Rate this comment: Thumb up 3 Thumb down 6

1. Krish

lacazette is definitely NOT a target man
      and i am not sure if lukaku has better positioning and vice versa if laca has better hold up play

Rate this comment: Thumb up 4 Thumb down 3

8. Fatboy Gooney, Too Fat to track back.

Sounds as if Giroud is saying his Goodbyes already 😂👉 “Thanks for the amazing 5 years” blah blah blah. 😆👉 What! You Still Here Lampy? Sell him already ffs! 😂

Opinions divided. What do you think? Thumb up 9 Thumb down 12

9. Fatboy Gooney, Too Fat to track back.

Oi Wenger, I hope that was a one off 😤👉 Giroud up top with Lacazette on the wing, we may have joked about that happening, but it’s not funny Muddy Forker! 🙀

Rate this comment: Thumb up 3 Thumb down 5

10. jamaicanarsenal

watching the other teams im preseason we ways behind with our squad at the moment i say we finish six are seven spots i don’t have to wait for the end of the season to figure that out still need three are four players this is the problem with the fans at one point towards the end of the season we were talking about totally rebuilding Squad and the wenger came out with is usual brainwashing that we need only two to three players then all of a sudden it seem like we are programmed to think that way

Rate this comment: Thumb up 1 Thumb down 15

11. Fatboy Gooney, Too Fat to track back.

I thought that Wenger said that his text messaging with Sanchez went well?

😂👉 Alexis Sanchez has dropped a potential bombshell tonight, depending on how you interpret his comments given to the Chilean press.

As reported by Radio Sport Chile, the Arsenal superstar said: “I want to play in the Champions League. The decision doesn’t depend on me, I have to wait for Arsenal.”

Rate this comment: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 1

12. HaxanSword

Sanchez told broadcaster Sport Radio Chile : “I
    want to play in the Champions League.
    “I’ve made my decision, now I wait for Arsenal’s
    reply.
    “The idea is to play and win the Champions
    League.
    “I’ve dreamt about it since I was a kid.”

Rate this comment: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 1

1. Robin Vanpayslip

Serious question – if it’s so important then why sign for a club that has never won it before (along with a manager whose only success in that competition is to qualify for it and a very mediocre record after that happens)?

Sounds more to me like he has issues that are so.ething else. No one whose only ambition was to win the CL would sign for AFC because the outcome of that is already out there

Rate this comment: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

2. Fatboy Gooney, Too Fat to track back.

Oh, so it was a recent dream then? 😮👉 About, since he was a kid 😂👉 the forking stupid square-head Conti.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

13. Robin Vanpayslip

I don’t care what anyone says – if we let Giroud go then we are back to where we were ever since RVP left and that is with only one striker. No club is going to survive a Europa League campaign with just one!

My only concern is laca on the wing. That is a huge disservice to him and makes me think then why not just buy a winger? But other than that it’s a mix of same old with a but if hope mixed in.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 3 Thumb down 4

14. Skills1000

I just read an online that Sanchez said he wants to play Champions league. That the decision is no longer his but Arsenal. If it is true, then i feel bad. We have played in this competition for twenty years. What makes him think we wont get back into it after a season out? What makes him think Man city will get into the Semi final? He thinks he is bigger thsn the club
    I doff my hat for Lampard, Hazard and Costa. Hazard is almost at par with Sanchez. Quality wise. Yet he did not play in Champions league and Europa league ladt season. But kept his cool and led chelsea to the EPL title. Wenger should plese sell Sanchez to Juve. Place him in the transfer market. He should not run down his contract. He would br a negative influence. When we needed him the most, he went missing. RVP scored 30 league goals. Pls no player is bigger than the club. We should sort out this Sanchez issue. Wenger should be ruthless. A swap deal with Juve for Dybala would be a great idea. We want people who are committed to the club.

Top Gooner!. Agree or not?: Thumb up 16 Thumb down 1

1. Robin Vanpayslip

I wrote a post above re this but you actually said it better. If he goes to Man City, what evidence is there that they do well in it because they haven’t ever done anything of note.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

15. Sal

he stays he’s signed a new contract and we need him, he’s good at what he does and lacazette doesn’t hold the ball I don’t see where people are getting that from, he runs the channels, and is a fox in the box not a target man. If Dortmund really want him I would like us to go for a chunk of what they are getting for auba, if they are strengthening a rival or selling him to China, I want us to quote a 35 mil plus valuation nothing less. Good luck finding a striker as good as Giroud for cheaper. I also would like us to get first option on dembele if possible.. If they want Giroud that badly they will pay other than that, go for Fernando, benteke or Andy Carroll not our player. Pay up or shut up !!

Rate this comment: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 0

1. Skills1000

I agree with you a 100 percent. Wenger should sort out Sanchez first. Mor, Dembele are fantastic players from Dortmund. Is it wise to let Sanchez Sanchez run down his contract and go to Man city on a free. He wont sign the contract. Maybe we swap Sanchez for Dybala and Giroud for Dembele/Mor. Mor is a fantastic player in Dortmund. Very skillful. Just my thought. We need people who are committed. I have a feeling we will do well next season.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

16. Rashid

This is why arsenal have become a joke club, bang average donkeys like giroud and Walcott trying to make demands and more then likely get they way.

Get rid of them a simple question would them 2 and likes of gibbs, chambers, Martinez, etc
    Get into City,Chelsea,Utd

Would they hell

let’s see the thumbs down from the dopey fans who don’t simply rate winning mentality type players but rather get all sentimental and hype over average players.

Wonder where this mentality stems from!!!!!!

Rate this comment: Thumb up 2 Thumb down 8

17. Mobella

I think Wenger has a loser’s medal in champions league. That is his best achievement along with qualifying for twenty years on a stretch.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

18. Ronny

Thanks lamppost but don’t forget your coat on the way out!
    Who does he think he is with that nonsense on the pitch today you’re not good to enough to pull off that ego OG!
    Bit worrying letting him go though since sanchez has finally made it politely clear he wants gone now, cl etc.
    Buy lorente sell giroud.
    Yes Lorente is older but he’s cheaper good in the air and possibly more expectant to have bench time than ego boy giroud.

Rate this comment: Thumb up 3 Thumb down 3