Posted on October 25, 2014 by ADMIN

Official teams and Preview of Sunderland v Arsenal

I must admit that I am very surprised at the Arsenal starting line-up for the Premier League clash with Sunderland at the Stadium of Light. It smacks of extreme caution to me, when I expected the Frenchman to try to build on the midweek win and take advantage of the low confidence that the Black Cats must surely have after shipping eight goals at the home of the Saints last week.

But the boss has still not given Lukas Podolski a start and has gone for the under performing Oxlade-Chamberlain instead. He has also kept Mathieu Flamini in the starting XI while playing our club captain Mikel Arteta alongside him. The strangest decision, for me, is that Wenger has stuck with the Spanish left back Nacho Monreal in the centre of defence and kept the better defender that is Calum Chambers at right back.

Witho no Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Mesut Ozil, Joel Campbell or Podolski on the pitch, our line up seems to be a bit negative and I think we will struggle to break down a side that Gus Poyet will have been drilling on their defensive duties all week.

There is some good news in the name of Theo Walcott being on the list of subs, along with Rambo and the rest.

Szczesny
Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs
Arteta, Flamini, Cazorla
Alexis, Welbeck, Chamberlain

subs: Martinez, Bellerin, Ramsey, Rosicky, Campbell, Podolski, Walcott

Obviously I hope that I am proved wrong and Wenger has got it bang on, but I am a bit worried that our sluggish start to the season will continue.

Share Button
Do you want send us an article for discussion?- click here

285 comments

1. Usmanov ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Guys I am glad Wickham and Gomez aren’t starting. We are definitely gonna steamroller over Sunderland. Poyet has f**ked up his selection.

2. juhislihis ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Gibbs injured, hehe time to put Podolski in the defense? Or Bould? OR Wenger himself?

3. AussieGOONER ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

we dont deserve top 4 not even top 10 the way we play fk what happened to arsenal

4. Justsoccerfan ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

We can’t score when they park the bus. We can’t score when we counter attack. What should we do, we wait for them to give us a free goal.

5. luvdaguns ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

we really are a mediocre squad at best, i just dont see this team beating any top 3 clubs…

6. rkw ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

chamberlin has 6 months to prove he is a top epl player…not convincing when givn a run of games

7. Ks-Gunner ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Just imagine how stupid some of the arsenal fans must feel knowing that they have to pay the highest ticket pricez in europ to watch this bs.

8. Tidan2 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

wow, can’t believe I come on here and all I see is negativity.

THIS IS NOHING LIKE HULL OR ANDERLECHT; we are actually pressing, injecting pace when we can, passing around with our usual high possession but this time we are doing it around their penalty box meaning the second they make a mistake, we get a little space to shoot, or we get a through ball in it’ll be a goal.

Yes, the goal was lucky, but we are looking like we are actually up for this match for once AND we aren’t using the useless 4-1-4-1 formation.

1. mark ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Agreed. I too must be watching a different game. Every time I look up we are in Sunderlands half and pressing / nearly scoring. Given that they are playing very defensively, I think we are doing very well.

I don’t know what people want, but if we carry on like this we will win comfortably. That said, it can all turn on a sixpence…defense take note!! 😉

9. Invincibles49 ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

Why are Ox and Flamini still on the pitch? Ohh sorry I forgot its not 75 min yet. #WengerHandbook.

10. rkw ( User Karma: 0 ) says:

why is merteshaker playing at this level…he is a bench player at best…the guy has the worst distribution of any centre back i know in the epl

Comments are closed.