Tag Archives: QPR

So Mr. Wenger, why was Loic Remy at the Arsenal game?

According to Arsene Wenger, it was a complete coincidence that Loic Remy was at the Emirates stadium to watch Arsenal beat West Bromwich Albion today, honest guv. The Frenchman was asked about the QPR, Newcastle and France striker today, with the media latching on to his presence as a possible sign that Arsenal would be signing him this summer.

Wenger was reported by Sky Sports as saying, “Honestly I have just been informed that Loic Remy was here, I didn’t know. So don’t see any sign of us signing Loic Remy in that. I hope he has paid for his ticket! No [I didn't invite him], that’s why I tell you I have not invited him.”

Why Remy is still on Arsenal transfer list?

Sometimes in football, especially when it is transfer business, what is not said can be just as important as what is said. The Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is an acknowledged master of deception, deflection and misdirection when it comes to his own transfer dealings, which is why many papers like Metro have taken his recent words to mean that Loic Remy is still a Gunners target.

Wenger said, “He is a very good striker. But at the moment we focus on the end of the season, not strikers.”

Arsenal take 1st step towards HUGE summer of signings

Arsenal fans are understandably confused and angry about why Arsene Wenger has done so little in the last two transfer windows, especially after the recent financial figures showed the Club doing really well and having lots of money in the bank.

Apart from smashing the Arsenal transfer record to sign Mesut Ozil on the summer deadline day, Wenger has spent less money than you would expect from a struggling lower division side, but it does look as if this year will be the last one that causes us to vent our frustrations as our rivals spend money and we do nothing.

Remy shows again why Arsenal are keen and Pardew concerned

The speculation about Arsenal and the striker situation is not going to go away anytime soon. Even if the young French striker Yaya Sanogo and Olivier Giroud score 10 goals each before the end of the season, Arsene Wenger is expected to strengthen his striking options in the summer.

One player who is regularly linked with a move to the Emirates, Loic Remy, did his chances no harm at the weekend. The 27-year old’s well taken late winner put him on 12 goals from 22 Premier League games and his almost single-handedly keeping his team in the running for a Europa League place.

Fancy a laugh Arsenal fans? Listen to ‘arry…

After Arsenal spectacularly came apart against Liverpool on Saturday, a lot of fans feel that our title challenge is looking pretty dicey. Even though the Gunners are still just one point behind league leaders Chelsea, the game at Anfield has really knocked our confidence.

And with tough games coming up in order to stay in the FA cup and the Champions League, there is every chance that Arsenal fans may have to go yet another year without any trophy to celebrate, which would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Tip-off claims Arsenal to sign Remy for £15m

First of all Arsenal fans, a disclaimer. We are not claiming any special knowledge here. BUT the source that gave us this tip-off has a good success ratio so far. It is the same source that told Just Arsenal about the signing of Mathieu Flamini AND Mesut Ozil a day or two before they hit the news last summer.

And this is not somebody who comes out with lots of rumours and gets a few right, because these are the only two such tip-offs we have received so far. So although we have no way of knowing where they get their information or how reliable it is, I think is has got to be worth passing it on with caution.

Former Gunner reckons Arsenal made BIG mistake in transfer window!!

Amidst Arsenal’s continued pursuit of a new striker to support Olivier Giroud up front, former Gunner Perry Groves has claimed that Arsene Wenger made a mistake by not signing Loic Remy from QPR when the opportunity presented itself in the summer. The Frenchman has been in phenomenal form for Newcastle this season and the former Arsenal wide man insists that he would have been a great buy for the North London side.

Cesar going elsewhere after Arsenal fail to make transfer bid

Cesar off to Benfica by Stefan

It seems that Arsenal have missed out on one of the easiest transfers of all time in Brazilian keeper Julio Cesar. We have been the frontrunners for his signature all summer yet nothing has happened. Other clubs have come in for him but he has rejected them, most notably Napoli who offered him half of his current wages at QPR.

He has alluded several times that he is waiting for us to come and make him an offer. Everybody is crying out for Arsene Wenger to make him the offer but he is spending all of his time offering Mathieu Flamini contracts by the looks of things.

Remy could be a good transfer option for Arsenal

Arsenal could still go for Remy by AH

Even though the reports regarding Luis Suarez and Arsenal are continuing with different stories and rumoured movements being published every day, one name that has popped up is QPR’s Loic Remy.

Loic Remy has been a long standing transfer target for Arsene Wenger and he was keen on signing the Frenchman several times during his time with Marseille, however a move never materialised for the 26 year old. Remy then made the move to relegation threatened QPR, ahead of Newcastle United, which suggests money written all over it, but now with QPR in the Championship, I doubt a player of his quality wants to be in that division.

Arsenal transfer link with Krul makes no sense

Why are Arsenal being linked with Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul? by Stefan

In the last few days there have been small reports in a few newspapers that Arsenal are targeting the Dutch keeper Tim Krul from Newcastle United as an alternative to Julio Cesar.

For around two months it seemed that Brazil international and QPR keeper Cesar would make a move across London to play at The Emirates next season. The deal was so obvious as QPR conformed that he would be leaving the club this summer and the man himself said that he would like to stay in London as his family has settled well in the capital since moving from Italy around a year ago.

Arsenal have really dropped the ball with Julio Cesar

I understand that transfers are not always easy, and I have faith that Arsene Wenger will add some quality players to the Arsenal squad this summer, but if the reports are true about Julio Cesar signing for Rafa Benitez at Napoli, then I think Wenger has made a mistake on that one.

The 33-year old Brazilian international seemed like the perfect choice for the Gunners. If you assume that Wojciech Szczesny is going to remain at the Emirates and be Arsenal’s main keeper for years to come, the age and experience of Cesar was the obvious choice, whereas bringing in a top young keeper would undermine the Polish international.

Arsenal to finally make their move for Julio Cesar

According to the Daily Mirror, the Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is on the verge of making a 1.5 million bid for QPR shot-stopper Julio Cesar.

The Brazilian has been heavily linked with a move to the Emirates since Rangers suffered relegation last term and has clearly stated his desire to stay in London, thus keeping the other London clubs on high alert.

With Chelsea having already brought in Mark Schwarzer from Fulham and Spurs already having two top keepers at the club, it seems as though Arsenal are his most likely destination this summer, assuming of course that he would not be interested in a move to Fulham or West Ham with the Gunners interested.