My Arsenal revamp by Dboy
Hi Gunners, please allow me for a few minutes. I’m thinking of a complete revamp in the Arsenal team. If I would have it my way, I would certainly get rid of some underperformers and some weary legs in the team.
My OUT list would be as follow:
1.Debuchy – hasn’t contributed in anyway, was not effective enough. And especially since his sulking about leaving anyway.
2.Mertesacker- His legs are not keeping up, look like he has outrun his course.
3.Gibbs – Had more than enough time to prove himself. Inconsistent
4.Rosicky – the PL has taken its toll on him and he can’t cope with injuries. Needs an easier league.
5.Arteta – I think he’s been played in the wrong position. He never looked good in the DM role, he reminds me a bit of Arshavin stuck on the wings. But like Mert the pace of the PL is too much for him.
6.Ramsey- Inconsistent. Gives the ball away too much and his passing is not good. He lacks skill and pace. Has not proven himself. If Barcelona really want him we should cash in fast.
7.Cazorla- Although he has the skill, like Arteta and Mert he can’t cope with the EPL physicality and pace.
8.Flamini- He should never have been here in the first place. Just never seemed to cope, He has had glimpses here and there but should never have been signed.
9.Walcott- Has had more than enough time to prove himself, he is inconsistent. With his pace he definitely should be an impact player.
10.Sanogo- Don’t know what went through Wenger’s mind. Not Arsenal material.
11.Campbell- just not been convincing especially in bigger games.
Now my IN list. I tried to be as realistic as possible.
1.Right back -Brazilian defender Danilo Luiz da Silva, the 23 year old has been in great form for Porto and has been highly rated.
2.Left back- Jetro Willems is good defensively and has the crafty wherewithal to cut in from the flanks, as well as using his sublime close control to beat his markers to the end-line before rifling in some wondrously deadly crosses. He would be reaching double figures in assists.
3. Centre back – Jose Giminez of Atletico Madrid. He’s exceptional in a positional sense, quick to react to sudden changes and clearly reads the game rapidly. He is young and strong. Should cope better than Mert….
4. Defensive Midfielder – Etienne Capoue from Watford. He has been a revelation in that role. Has really come out of his shell after his disappointing move to Spurs. With Elneny also able to play further up field, Capoue could reinforce that position.
5. Winger – Marco Reus . He has great pace and his ball control is exquisite with both of his feet. Reus can play on either of wings and can be lethal on both of them. Imagine him inter changing with Sanchez, they would make a deadly combination.
6. Midfielder/playmaker – Koke of Atletico Madrid, great array of skills to dip into such as his vision, timing and persistence.
7. Mauro Icardi & Alvaro Morata – both highly rated young strikers would add potency to the Arsenal frontline instead of Walcott and Sanogo. They might just keep Giroud on the bench.
With youngsters like Iwobi, Zelalem and others coming through the ranks and others coming back from injury we should make up for a formidable team that can actually challenge for the PL.
On paper this is what the first team would look like:
Wilshere- good talent if not for injuries
This list could give us some options for team rotation. Strength especially in midfield and some pace and finishing in attack.
So Gunners, what would your revamp look like?