Arsene Wenger is claimed to have started telling people that he is remaining in charge of Arsenal for the coming campaign.
The Gunners manager is out of contract this summer and has so far failed to confirm whether he would be extending his time with the club.
There has been a growing number of protests against a new contract for Wenger, with #WengerOut trending on social media like never before. Arsenal’s 10-2 Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich is used as the impetus for the rapid rise in protestations, and our side has since dropped right out of the title race, and are now in danger of missing out on the top four also.
Despite the calls for him to leave the club, he looks ever-likely to extend his current contract, and he has reportedly began working on preparations for the new season, and is said to have begun to tell of his future.
Wenger is claimed to have informed Sead Kolasinac that he will be staying, as to negotiate a pre-contract agreement with the defender, and is also said to be informing Jack Wilshere and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain that he will be staying in order to tie the pair to new deals also.
Kolasinac was claimed to have agreed to join the club at the end of his contract with Schalke, and is believed to be set to usurp both Kieran Gibbs and Nacho Monreal for a first-team role next term.
Interestingly he has played as a left midfielder as well in the centre of defence, and could well relish a role in the 3-4-2-1 formation which Wenger tried out on Monday night against Middlesbrough.
Do we believe that Wenger has made his decision, and is just awaiting the right time to announce it? Is there still a chance he could leave?