£31m-rated Serie A Striker-target WANTS Arsenal move?

Are Arsenal finally going to bring in a top-class striker to to help us compete at the top of the Premiership? Well, according to a report in today’s Express we are! They report that Arsene Wenger is preparing talks with Palermo over their 21 year-old hitman Paulo Bruno Dybala and is considering whether to take him or the more experienced (and expensive) Edison Cavani from PSG.

The Argentinian youngster has taken Serie A by storm this season with nine goals and four assists so far for Palermo, and the little Sicilian club are willing to let him go if they receive a firm bid of 40m Euros (around £31m) in January. The report says that both Liverpool and Man United are also interested but Dybala is only interested in a move to the Gunners.

The Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini is quoted as saying about Dybala: “Within two years, he’s going to be better than Cristiano Ronaldo, [Lionel] Messi and [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic.

“It would take €40m (£31m) to take him away from us. He’s the best striker in Serie A.”

They say that Wenger would refer to get Cavani, but there would be no resale value in buying the PSG hitman and it would be a better investment to buy Dybala, especially if he lives up to his president’s flattery in the future.

Wenger himself said a couple of months ago: “If you look across Europe and the world of football, then South America is the only continent to develop strikers today,”

“If you look across Europe where are the strikers from? You will see that many of them – at least 80 per cent – come from South America.”

So it would seem obvious that Arsenal should concentrate on getting Dybala to play alongside Alexis in the Arsenal front line, or does Wenger think that Olivier Giroud and Danny Welbeck are speaking Spanish? Arsenal have already released Lukas Podolski, and both Joel Campbell and Yaya Sanogo are expected to follow him out on loan deals, so is Wenger making room for a ew striker in the squad?

Tags Cavani Dybala

1. Bartender says:

Noooo!!!! I don’t want to hear any rumour about any attack minded player until our defensive issues are sorted out.
    Even if its Messi and CR7…I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. muffdiver says:

i like rumours.
      more stupid the better

messi is for sale 🙂

1. goonerretic says:

lol

2. juhislihis says:

Few weeks back I was like who is this guy but then I watched some Palermo matches and let me just say, this kid is going to be big! He scored a brace yesterday and so far this season he’s got 9 goals and 6 assists in 17 matches.

Those are just stats but this lad got mad dribbling skills and great finishing! From what I’ve seen he can really curl a shot. I know YouTube can make even Gervinho look like Messi but I suggest you check him out and watch full matches, he is impressive just at the age of 21.

As for reported £31 millions, I doubt he will cost that much. His contract is about due in 2016. But I might splash the cash anyways, this kid can be a star.

1. muffdiver says:

wenger wont pay 31.

18 max, if he really likes him

1. juhislihis says:

He will wait if he could get him for free in 18 months. Oh and Dybala should be dropped to Serie B if he wants Wenger to be interested.

2. Ozzy AFC says:

im sending the KGB after you its Putin Here lol

2. ArnSam says:

Then he should come with out a second thought no matter the price after all he’s only 21

3. Ks-Gunner says:

i did the same, and i knew him before as i do have some pals who are milan supporters, he trashed milan, but i cant see us going for him.

1. jonestown1 says:

No….he is South American and expensive…..just like, hang on bear with me, let me think…..oh yes I remember, Alexis Sanchez.

4. jaweant says:

Sooooo why would they sell this guy?

1. jonestown1 says:

Because they are Palermo.

5. jermaineBryan says:

This lad also has the second best defensive stats in Europe for attackers, which shows he works hard aswell

3. Greg says:

Great young player! If and i say if this rumour is true, i wouldnt mind him coming to the emirates at all! Coyg!

1. ArseOverTit says:

The next Messi. Let’s not miss him like we did Mark1. Well worth backing at £18 or £30mil IMO. Pure talent, tricks, technique and footballing brain.

4. Ozzy AFC says:

Load of cobblers
    Wenger wont be buying in anyone in this window and by the time it gets to the summer this guy will be on everyone radar if he’s that good.
    Said it before and will say it again, until the suits at the top are outted or fear for their share prices this situation wont change in the slightest.

5. Matt says:

Shouldn’t be thinking about a striker until we get a decent DM and CB.

6. Robin Vanpayslip says:

Is he better than Sanogo?

1. muffdiver says:

in what way?

sanogo would beat him at monopoly easily

1. Robin Vanpayslip says:

At punching Per

7. Ronny331 says:

I hope I am wrong but I cant see this being an exciting window for us.
    Wenger has stated that he has Walcott, Akpom, Giroud and Sanchez up front so even though people are crying for Cavanni etc I dont see anyone coming up front.

DM we all know that Wenger has brought Coquelin back and now comments on how well hes doing. I suggest he may be trying to get a DM player but on the cheap, if he’s not succesful he’ll say “we have Coquelin and Flamini”. I’d take a loan of a big name with a clause to buy in the Summer.
    CB I’m hearing Perrin or Winston Reid, again I think Wenger is going to shop in the bargain basement for this position. I had hoped that he’d go for a Schar, Varane, Carvalho, (DM and CB). I personally cannot believe we are going to push onto the end of the season with Per M as a starter!

I hope for the best but expect to be underwhelmed come Feb 2nd 🙁

8. GoonAR says:

Buy a DM or CB before we worry about any attackers!!!

1. fred cowardly says:

Yes. As we know it’s defenders that wins games not goals. Goals are not important in football.

9. Twig says:

If he’s that good, then it’s a no brainer really. I don’t care if we have 10 strikers already, just sign him up!

1. Budd says:

If he’s that good then I see no reason for Juve, Roma, City, Chelsea, Bayern or PSG to buy him anyway.

1. Twig says:

Sanchez, Ozil and Cazorla are all good players. Why didn’t Juve, Roma, City, Chelsea, Bayern or PSG go for them? All players are for grabs buddy.

2. goonerretic says:

Man why is your reasoning ability so poor?

10. Shah of Arsenal says:

Lol according to reports we want isco for 64m what a load of bs

11. Bigvalbowski says:

All in favor say “Aye”, all opposed “Neh”

Reid
    Carvalho

12. antiwenger says:

So his price is £31m……..”let’s offer them £7.5m”..said Wenger

13. Pythagoras( but you can call me pi) says:

The report says “Wenger is preparing a bid!!!!”
    How does one prepare a bid?? Why not just bid n if not accepted bid again a bigger price??
    #Wenger is the foe
    #Pythagoras knows best
    # 🙁 🙁 🙁

1. ArseOverTit says:

It means his waiting to find a quality pen befitting his hand with which to write down his offer on paper (paper must also be of a exceptionally high standard).

This could take some time….

14. ArseOverTit says:

This post is incorrect anyhow. Not even The Express are claiming he WANTS to join Arsenal..

Someone will bag him but based on history I wouldn’t bet on it being us.:(

15. antiwenger says:

Haven’t Arsenal scouts found the next (insert a legend’s name) from the French ligue 2???

1. ArseOverTit says:

Haven’t Arsenal scouts found the next Sanogo from the French ligue 2???

16. sam-afc says:

Bring back Francis Jeffers, he’ll bang the goals in 😉

17. NickTheYank says:

Yes, go for it. I don’t think Wenger would loan Podolski, Sanogo and Campbell (TBD) unless he were serious about buying a striker.

As much as I/We know how much we need a DM and CB there are always times you have to get a player if he’s special and you have the opportunity to get him. Ozil, Sanchez may not have been “needs” when we got them but I wouldn’t trade them for anyone (except Messi).

1. CraigZWE says:

And Ronaldo?

18. ger burke says:

obviously , this young italian striker has no intrest in playing in the champions league . why would he want to come to us , there is no hope of champions league football at the emirates next season , and i for one am delighted . no champions league = no more clown wenger.

1. CraigZWE says:

@get Burke
      Amen to that

19. CraigZWE says:

As poor as some of our players have been, Wenger has performed worse. He has been worst performer for 10 years.

Wenger out

20. Zapperkid says:

60mil for Cavani they said… Invest for the future and the present, another top talent linked with us, offer 25mil and we might have a deal 🙂

21. akuma gouki says: