It´s way too soon to panic Arsenal fans! by Sam P
It is very easy for football fans to get carried away, one way or the other, and I have certainly been guilty of being too confident in the build up to this Premier League season. But just as a few good results does not mean you are going to win everything, so one bad result does not mean total disaster and there are some good reasons for Arsenal fans to take yesterday´s game with a pinch of salt.
1. We have been playing very well since the start of 2015 and we should not let one bad performance make us forget that. We know Arsenal can play so much better and I think this will turn out to be a blip.
2. Arsenal have a pretty poor record in the first games of the season. Yes we won last year but we had to come from behind and only scored the winner against Crystal Palace in the 90th minute. Also, look how that turned out as we only won one more league game until the last week in October. The season before we lost a poor game to Aston Villa and then raced to the top of the table and were flying until the injury crisis did for us.
3. Fingers and toes crossed, but it does look like the injury problems are largely over. Wilshere´s was an impact injury and we have Bellerin, Rosicky and Welbeck out but they should all be back soon and that is a much better situation than we had at the start of last season.
4. Chelsea only drew and they are probably going to be our biggest rivals, so as long as we get back to winning ways quickly, this defeat should not mean a lot.
5. Hopefully that loss and the way we played will have sharpened up Wenger´s ideas about making a top class signing or two before the transfer window closes.
So there you go Gooners, have I cheered you up at all?