Alexis Sanchez drops massive hint on move to Chelsea.. or even Tottenham?

Alexis Sanchez Golden Ball

Alexis the Champion!

Apparently while on international duty with the Chile team, Alexis said: “I am happy in London and hope to finish my contract there.

“I’d like to stay in the city but with a team that is winning things, that has a winning mentality.

“I’m 28 years old, I still have a lot of years ahead of me. I am a player who looks after himself.”

So I wonder if that quote is quite right, considering it is a translation from Chilean. I doubt very much if Arsenal would force him to ride out his contract next season and let him go to Chelsea for free the following summer, and I would have thought it more likely that he said he wanted to finish his career in London.

Is it possible that Arsenal would let him run down his contract? Or are they more likely to squeeze as much as possible out of the buying club?

1. ArseOverTit says:

In his own words He wants to play for a club with ambitions and that is obviously how it views AFC.

Can anyone blame him?

1. ArseOverTit says:

Not how he views AFC!

2. lupe says:

What i got from what he said is that he is happy in london but he never said he is happy at arsenal. We are truly in trouble now!! He even wants to run down his contract or leave. I think we should sell him to bayern for 60mil due to the one year contract thing because if he runs down that contract at arsenal, there is a possiblity he would sign for chelsea after and he would even be able to justify it because his contract with us ended, that is the last thing arsenal fans deserve, seeing our best player leave to chelsea because we can’t offer him trophies due to us been ambition-less will be a knife through the heart for fans. If we sell him to bayern, we can at least try for douglas costa as he could be available or even do a swap deal and the adding some cash of course because sanchez is a better player. Costa could soften the blow but nobody could really replace sanchez for us except for those players we have no chance of getting. Wenger out!!!! You have brought this upon us.

1. bran99 says:

Wenger hates swapping, he’d rather have the cash and increase his salary than swapping Sanchez for Costa. we’ve seen this so many times, fans wanting Wenger to swap a player for another but he always takes the money and sign no one, or sign some cheap flop afterwards

2. arsenalfan1 says:

@lupe
      Agreed this is more of Wenger’s bungling coming home to roost.

3. ArseOverTit says:

Ozil has said that he doesn’t exclude the idea of returning to Germany to play as his mother and family would be happy to have him closer.

Sounds like he has started the ball rolling with Bayern Munich apparently interested.

Everyone will leave except Arsene who will be there when the emirates crumbles and the last prawn sandwich has been eaten…

RIPAFC

4. BUR says:

As I have said previously this moron of a manager has been sinking our club for many, many years. Now we are to hit the sea bed with a hell of a bump. Laughing stock, butt end of jokes, inadequate, pussy football, leaderless, are all terms aimed at Arsenal supporters. This has to stop! And my way of stopping it is to get rid of our dead wood and manager not forcing our best players out.