Arsenal already looking at other targets after missing out on Buendia

Fabrizio Romano claims that Arsenal is already working on their alternative targets after they missed out on the signature of Emi Buendia to Aston Villa.

The Gunners have been long-term admirers of the Argentinean midfielder.

They initially targeted him when Norwich suffered relegation from the Premier League in the 2019/2020 season.

He was the best player in the Championship last season and helped the Canaries to win immediate promotion to the Premier League.

Arsenal made him an alternative target to Martin Odegaard as the Norwegian returns to Real Madrid.

Odegaard had spent the second half of last season on loan at the Emirates and he helped the Gunners realise how much they need a creative midfielder in their team.

The Gunners will now have to turn their attention towards signing another midfield creator to appease their fans who wouldn’t be happy to see Villa beat them to Buendia.

Announcing the agreement between Villa and Norwich for the transfer of Buendia, Romano added that Arsenal has already accepted their fate and they are now hard at work to land an alternative target.

He didn’t disclose who the target is and their fans will pray he is as exciting as Buendia.

Tags Emiliano Buendia Fabrizio Romano

1. Trudeau says:

Ohhh these ITKs have their fingers on the pulse! I wonder how long the chain will be “Buendia was our main target but we missed out so then Odegaard is the main man but when he stays in Madrid Arsenal will turn to Maddison only to be rebuffed by Leicester and turn to that old chestnut Aouer…” And so it goes.

I love the speculation but you’d have to be a fool to think any of these folks have a clue what they are talking about.

1. Nickerless Bender says:

Isn’t that the fun of it though Trudeau… Next it will be Deli Alli.

I’m looking forward to a name like Mat Benditlikebeckam Hardasvinniejones to come up.

Yes I is the silly season🤣

2. Nickerless Bender says:

If Edu has his way it will be either Oscar, Ronaldinho or Jairzinho

1. Derek says:

Coutinho is the Brazilian you are missing lol 😂

1. Nickerless Bender says:

FFS Derek… I knew there was someone I forgot. Wouldn’t mind but he has been our long time target after Draxler.🤣😅

3. Simon says:

All these ITK and rumours…

4. ACE says:

Couldn’t agree more Trudeau. I’m still not convinced
    that Arsenal were OUTBID by Aston Villa or for that
    matter even bid on the Argentine. Very good player
    but I’d honestly rather see Edu and MA turn there
    attention to Mathis Perreria from West Brom. The
    Brazilian had a fantastic season pulling the creative
    strings @ lowly Wesr Brom. EPL proven, of similar
    age and MUCH cheaper than Buendia. He IMO
    would be the STEAL of the transfer window
    considering WB will sell if a bid close to his £15M
    evaluation is submitted.

Pereria
    Bissouma
    Daka
    Mazraoui
    Ohana

Pretty solid window for around £100M

1. Gogo says:

You common sense. The only change I wI’ll make is the right back will be Celik. Then maybe get a LB cover for Tesco.

1. ACE says:

I’d be happy with one of Celik, Aarons, Mazraoui or
        Lampley And we definitely need cover for KT, unless
        MA decides that Soares will shift permanently to the
        left side.

2. ozziegunner says:

ACE, I agree Mathaus Pereira is an excellent ACM (#10) playing in a poor team. My selection of excellent players of the right age, cost and EPL proven would be Mathaus Pereira (#10) , Yve Bissouma (#8) and Ruben Neves (#6).
      Together with ESR and Joe Willock, this would provide Arsenal excellent midfield options, after Grant Xhaka goes to Roma. AMN should concentrate on RB or be sold to pursue his midfield career elsewhere.