Arsenal assured of another season as the only Invincibles

And we can breathe- as we have at least another season as INVINCIBLES! by Shenel

Last season us Arsenal fans will remember the nervy ending to the season, where Liverpool came so near and yet so far to taking the β€œInvincibles” crown from us. But thankfully they fell to their first defeat of the season, a loss to Watford and this meant that they could only muster up a 44-game unbeaten run. Whereas we all know our record is 49…

Given how last season went I thought that Liverpool would be even more determined to go all the way this season and get the invincibles title, but after yesterday that thought quickly went out the window as they fell to a shocking 7-2 defeat to the hands of a very strong Aston Villa side.

So, we are four games in and all of the top teams have lost one game already in what is turning out to be, I hope, a very exciting and open season. Now, I don’t think that the current unbeaten teams Everton and Aston Villa, will go unbeaten, that would just not be possible, so as of now they are the only teams to beat, and like it did with Liverpool, their time will also come, sooner rather than later I hope..

At least there is one good thing to come out of this season, all teams seem pretty much on par with one another, all teams are suffering defensively, in what may well be one of the worst defensive leagues in a long time. Of course, in one weekend there were 41 goals conceded and 16 of those come in games that featured Tottenham, Manchester United and Liverpool the latter two ending up on the losing side of those goals. It is still a shock to me even 24 hours later.

But results like this where we are on the positive side, and other top teams are on the losing side, fill me with great joy and no matter what happens I think we can all enjoy this very unique season. Gooners?

Shenel Osman

Hell yeah! πŸ‘Š
    Liverpool fans – Shhhhh!!!! πŸ€«πŸ˜‚

1. Val says:

Sue my Jaw was on the floor from Saturday lunch time till 11pm last night.

from the shock results to the transfer window closing last night, its definitely one of the best weekends of football i have ever witnessed and have enjoyed it a lot, now we get to relax for a few weeks to get over it! XD

πŸ˜„ It’s been mental, Val!!! If you told me a couple of months ago that Pool and the Mancs would get absolutely annihilated on the same day, I’d have laughed!!!
        Ha, yes we certainly need it, the blood pressure may just go back to normal…although the darts starts tonight and I get quite into that as well πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2. reddb10 says:

Everton and Villa are still unbeaten

1. Winston says:

That’s because they haven’t played us

πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

2. Lenohappy says:

Villa are so much better this season but I think they will lose there next match, the Liverpool win May get to there head and they will relax a little bit and for everton there next match is against Liverpool (not sure I’m right though) i will predict a win for Liverpool.

3. Lenohappy says:

This is to the admin, I’m not teaching you how to do your job and believe me when I say you are doing a very good job with this site, but their is something which I think you should adjust a little bit, I think you should give a space of maybe 1 hour or 2 hours before you post another article so that fans can comment and debate more on a previous article. For example this morning alone you have posted 4 different articles,7:27, 8:22, 9:01 and 9:45, it’s just a suggestion though I think if you do that it will give fans more time to comment and express there opinions better.

1. Eddie says:

I’ve complained about this severally before but felt like I was talking to myself, so I had to stop.
      Too many articles posted nearly hourly, leaving no time for engagements on previous articles

1. Lenohappy says:

Eddie it’s getting boring now, I wanted to reply @AUBA_14 when he asked if MA will change formation and boom theirs another Article πŸ™„

1. ozziegunner says:

Totally agree, as given the time difference with Australia, I find when I respond everyone else has moved on and I am wasting my time commenting because obviously no one reads them.

1. Sid says:

Dont worry Mr. Ozzie. I always read your comments. And yeah the time difference bothers me too as I cant check up on articles where someone may have replied to my posts and I wanted to engage in a discussion with them.

2. Admin Pat says:

Don’t you get notifications if anyone replies?

3. Sid says:

Nope. I even select the notify me button but still no emails.

4. McLovin says:

Ecstatic about Partey.. however I’m little baffled:

If his wages were Β£65k a week at Atletico, why did we immediately give him Β£250k ?! He wanted to join us, so I’m just wondering he could’ve done with 120-150k easily..?

I mean Salah joined Pool with a 120k salary, and now he’s on 200k a week..

I’m not complaining because we got our man… but this is another example of the difference in our parting with money for sales and wages!!!

1. Emmaobi says:

Arsenal don’t know how to do business. If Partey cannot the league for ATM is it Arsenal he will win it for. Fine he is a very good player but we need more than that. Liverpool has Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita. Now Thiago. Henderson is still there. These are players with class. We got just Partey and we are over the moon. We need an attacking mildfielder like Benrahma or Szbolozai, even Buendia or Cantwell. Wake up Arsenal. The best we will finish this season is 3rd or 4th.

Rome wasn’t built in a day….

1. Jo-Gunz says:

2. Lenohappy says:

Emmaobi maybe you should go support the Liverpool then, if you can’t see what Arsenal is trying to do then I’m sorry but you shouldn’t be an arsenal fan sir.

2. Val says:

For starters, now we have TP we can play more attacking football, we have 2-4 players who play CAM, Willian, DC, ESR and Ozil.

All of those players play best in that role.
          TP is that good that we could also play a single pivot with 2 CAMs ( obviously in 2nd half of games )

If we wanted to, we can still go for Benrahma as he’s a championship player.

Our aim was NEVER to win the league this season, you cant be 4-+ points behind the winners and expect that, if you did, I really want what you’re smoking!

Our aim was top 4, I believe we will make that, if we finish higher then its well above my expectations and I will be over the moon

1. Val says:

40+ points*

2. RSH says:

Val, we may not even see Ozil registered honestly. Two players have to be left out of registration. Sokratis/Kolasinac/Ozil will be in the hot seats.

3. Khadii says:

Most foolish comment ever especially when all gooners are in a good mood..
          Please remind me where Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita came from and what they had won prior to joining Liverpool..
          If you cannot recognize what an important signing TP is, then you may as well sod off to support Liverpool or Man city or even the Spuds for all I care. And while you’re at it, loan them the funds to buy Messi, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo, Neymar, Mbappe etc to win the Epl, Ucl, Fa Cup, Carabao cup at once.

4. SueP says:

This year , I’d take 3rd or 4th
          I’d also take 2nd or 3rd but you think that progress isn’t important
          Did you not notice that several players remained unsold?

2. Lenohappy says:

McLovin, I’m not sure of the 250k salary but Salah was 24years old when he joined Liverpool which gives him enough time to negotiate a better salary, Partey is 27 now and this is probably his last big payday since he’s not a striker who can keep scoring goals to get an improved contract. My opinion though.

3. CorporateMan says:

Don’t believe everything you read brother

1. Winston says:

Just like I never believe Ozil is paid 350k per week

4. Winston says:

Found it a little odd too when I read about the 250k on ESPN. Since when were we so generous on wages?

5. ozziegunner says:

What is the source for the Β£250k per week wages for Thomas Partey, please.
      It seems excessive, even for generous Arsenal.

5. gunnerforlife says:

You are right LennoHappy. There are too many articles and that gives little time for discussion on the previous article. There should be atleast 2 hour gap between articles, unless there is something urgent to be reported. Hope Admin takes note but anyway believe me, he is doing a wonderful job on this website. We all really enjoy debating and discussing. Up the Gunners!

1. Lenohappy says:

gunnerforlife He’s doing a good job I just wish he can gives us little time to debate.

2. Admin Pat says:

What I aim to do is have the top 5 opinion pces (the ones that get most comments) left at the top of the page all day for discussion. Not ALL popsts fall into that category.
      Also we have the “Most commented” list on the right to see what is being discussed the most…

1. Lenohappy says:

Admin Pat you are doing a great job.

1. Mubaraq Kano says:

If he continues like this, he’d go far…

6. Hobbes says:

Arsenal aren’t the only team to go a season unbeaten in the league.
    Preston North End did it too, in 1888/1889.

1. Khadii says:

Nobody said we’re the only ones.. We are the last ones..
      And we want it to remain that way

7. Dhoni says:

Asenal should focus on europa this time, the league is also highly important.We need to lift trophies that slipped our palm some te ago.

1. Buchi says:

It is only Arsenal that have done it in a premier league era.

“All teams seem pretty much on par with one another”! After reading this patently nonsensical phrase, how can anyone have any faith in this writer to talk sense on anything?

This is why I always preach about not letting your mind run away with your sense! Liverpool and Fulham equal then? I rather think not!

1. Sid says:

Shenel does like to divide opinionπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      I was getting worried because his recent articles were a little dull on engagement in spite of having decent themes. I think he is very happy that we got Partey and that’s why he is writing positively, because I remember him being negative about the Sheffield and West Ham wins and wondering if we will be able to compete in the top 4.

1. Admin Pat says:

At this point I need to explain that Shenel is a Ms and lives in London. She is an avid fan and is not scared to voice her opinions…

Good for her!! πŸ™‚

2. Sid says:

Ohh my bad. Great contributor to the site and always facilitates debates with her articles.πŸ‘πŸ‘