Arsenal player ratings from Stoke stuffing – Alexis MOTM

After the sort of performance we saw from Arsenal yesterday as we beat the Britannia stadium jinx and gave the old foe Stoke City a good stuffing, especially as it was a true team effort, there are plenty of Gunners who could be considered for the Man of the Match award, with the likes of Francis Coquelin, Ozil and Bellerin shining, but once again I have to give it to that man Alexis Sanchez, especially after his goal celebration seemed to suggest he was staying at the Emirates.

Cech 7 – Not too busy but made at least one top class save at a crucial time.

Holding 7 – Looking more and more at home in the new formation and gave Stoke a taste of their own medicine.

Mustafi 7 – Strong and committed but should lay o0ff the attempted killer passes.

Koscielny 7 – Had some trouble when Stoke pushed but stood strong.

Bellerin 8 – Constant threat down the right and his brilliant assist set Arsenal on the way.

Coquelin 8 – Top draw from the Frenchman. Calm, passed well and got vital foot in when needed. Great pass for goal.

Xhaka 7 – Pretty good throughout but nearly cost us when caught napping on the ball.

Monreal 7.5 – Another strong display but should have scored.

Ozil 8 – Kept Stoke chasing shadows, worked hard and what a goal.

Alexis 9 – Tireless, talented and terrific. Arsenal must keep him at all cost.

Giroud 7.5 _ On the fringes mainly but was there to fill the striker’s role and score the goals.

subs:
Ramsey 7 – Fantastic impact from the Welshman to silence the Stoke jeers.

Welbeck and Walcott 6 – Not on long but did okay.

Bob.

1. Jib says:

I agree with most of the ratings. But I think Giroud’ s was incredibly unfair. He scored two goals but receives the same rating as Monreal? He started and finished the scoring. He was physically imposing in the box, good positioning and hungry to get onto the Ramsey’s ball for the second goal. He did the job that I don’t think welbeck could have done against stokes centre backs.

2. Lupe says:

Great win. Top four, here we come. For next season, rinse and repeat.

1. Muffdiver wants change...not for arsenal...for.the vending machine, I'm thirsty as f### says:

West ham vs Liverpool

Will define our season

3. Goonergaz59 says:

A brilliant display against Stoke.If only those performances started a few months ago the season could have been so different.

Thats why wengers done.

We have the personnel an ability but wenger can’t get this performance out of our players more than a quarter of the time if we’re lucky. To be honest I reckon he never could, back then viera Henry Adams done it for him

No he won’t go an find that to be terribly selfish

4. kelis says:

that boy Rob holding has been very impressive and I think he deserve the rating

1. Braaf says:

You mean a higher rating. He was close to MOM IMO. I love how he pummeled Aurnotovic to the ground.

1. Twig says:

I didn’t like it. He needs to learn not to be so reckless. Can cost the team.

5. The real Robin Vanpayslip and not that other fake one says:

Monreal has to be the most improved player since the system change. He’s turning into a beast now.

1. Break-on-through says:

I’d say he was easily the best defender on pitch yesterday, but Coquelin put in an excellent game too.

6. Goonerboy says:

Was so impressed with Coquelin yesterday, he is really learning and developing, sometimes he played like a pure CM…but I still think he is best as a DMF…nice one from him…

If Gibbs must play, then he should play behind Monreal not ahead…
    If only we didn’t lose to Palace, Top 4 will be guaranteed by now…still hopeful though….

7. The real Robin Vanpayslip and not that other fake one says:

Also the team looked alot more solid yesterday. Holding, Monreal, Kos, Xhaka, Coquelin, Giroud and Sanchez all looked like they were ready to deal with any aggression with aggression.

Even though Arsenal’s scouts made some mistakes in getting some expensive and bad quality players, kudos for them for finding players like Holding, Bellerin and Iwobi. Hopefully they can get cheap and good quality players like Kante, Mahrez and Vardy next season.

Sometimes a player’s value does not reflect what he can do for the team. The current player values are very inflated. I just hope they will not get players like Andre Gomes and Ozil next season. I wish there are more players like Sanchez, Kante and Mane available for a reasonable price in the market.

1. Fatboy Gooney says:

Forget likes… We are apparently back in for Mahrez £30 million.
      And Middlesbrough’s Gibson £25 million.

9. Twig says:

Benteke
    Sanchez Ozil
    Monreal Xhaka Ramsey Zaha
    Koscielny Gabriel Holding
    Cech

10. PRINCE AFZ says:

I won’t mind if we buy arnatouvic and shaqiri from stoke. I love d fighting spirit of those guys. Even as they are playing in lower quality team

11. Odein Ere says:

I will Really Love Next season, playing in the Europa will be a very good experience for the players, the fans and the management.. we can now let go of the big players we have like Sanchez, Ozil and maybe the boss then the likes of Ramsey, Walcott and the rest of them can play in the league where they truly belong, fighting for the Europa league and truly fighting against the likes of Everton, Southampton e.t.c.. In Wenger We Trust

12. KaTs says:

Think if the rest of the team had half as clever ball mind and intellegens as Ozil and Sanchez. We would have been Champions by now.

13. 268gunner says:

This miserable season is that much closer to be over and hopefully wengers tenure

14. All of the players are getting used to the new change in formation which is good for the team. But I would like to see Iwobi as well in that formation cos I believe it will suit him more with his intelligent run and passes.
    Playing in Europa next season shouldn’t be anything to worry about if we finally finished 5th. It would deffinitely be another experience and I think Sanchez will still stay irrespective of playing in champions league or Europa..All we need to do is give him what he wants and let him sign some more years.