Arsenal star and Wenger playing Mourinho perfectly

I think that the Arsenal boss is doing exactly the right thing in the latest episode of the verbal battle between him and the manager of our Premier League rivals Chelsea. There is no doubt that Jose Mourinho will keep trying to get under the skin of Arsene Wenger, both before and after the two sides meet for the Community Shield final at Wembley stadium on Sunday.

But Wenger is not rising to the bait at the minute and I reckon that this must be winding the Portuguese plonker up a treat. Mourinho revels in these battles with rivals and anyone who dares to disagree with him or suggest that he and his precious players are anything but perfect.

Wenger’s dismissal of his rival’s attempts to claim that Arsenal are now spending more than Chelsea, along with a subtle put down of his claims about Hazard being as good as Ronaldo, was pure class. But we do not want to let Mourinho get away with saying whatever he likes, so step up Mathieu Flamini with a perfect riposte in an ESPN report. Not about our spending as such, but about the decision by Chelsea (not Mourinho) to sell us Petr Cech.

Flamini said, “I was surprised by Mourinho because he really doesn’t do that,

“He’s a competitor and usually doesn’t like to sell any players to his rivals. But it’s a good favour for us and now we have to take advantage. It’s a top signing. That’s why we have been lucky on this one.

“It’s very important. Not only for his quality but also for his character. When you play at the top level, the leaders on the pitch make the difference. Not only when things go well but especially when things go bad. So, for us, Petr Cech is a top signing. He is someone with character, someone with a winning mentality.”

We all know that this transfer is a sore point with Mourinho and I am sure that Flamini’s cheeky thank you will not sit well with him. And he cannot go on the attack about it as he has already tried to claim some role in the decision. Nice one Mathieu and keep up the cool and calm approach Arsene.

Tags Cech Chelsea Flamini

1. Mick The Gooner says:

I wouldn’t really call Flamini a ‘star’, but that’s just me I guess…

1. Gunner says:

stole my comment…lol

1. juhislihis says:

I third that

1. KickAssFan says:

Not bad if I fourth it.

2. YingYang69 says:

Tidan2, your not on here so ill leave this with you in case your reading. You asked on earlier post what information?

Email, age, date of birth, addresses, gender, married/single, phone No. likes/dislikes. When you sign up for some sites in the small print you can be giving away your approval for doing with that information anything they like. When I signed for JA I can remember them saying specifically that they wont sell any of your personal details on. I was on a course a while back when I spoke to an African American who said that he sold information as a way to make means. He gathered up Emails date of births and so forth selling them to companies.

1. Tidan2 says:

thanks for the reply

2. RedReigns says:

We should do the talking on the pitch, let Moaningho worry about the media and his personal jibes towards Rafa LOL.

3. sevenitti says:

Anyone who plays for the Arsenal first team is by my definition a star (Flamini in the norwegian league would be the best player by miles i.e.). Not the biggest star in Arsenal, at least

2. kabeer says:

flamini is a choir master

1. SoOpa AeoN says:

“fLamini’s the worLd best clapper”- Guiness worLd book of records

1. KickAssFan says:

Hell he claps like a chorister.

3. Jazlon says:

The mystery no 9 left vacant by arsenal?
    I don’t want to see lorente in that, heaven forbid.

mmmm case scenario, di maria goes to PSG, we snatch cavani?

sanchez wears no 9 and gives 17 to rues(when we nick him in the dying hours) lol we all know it aint possible.

Think about it guys, what players haven’t we been linked with? cavani,lawendoski,griezman,?

I know I got the shock of my life when ozil held up the arsenal shirt in 2013, has wenger got a rabbit in the hat? we shall wait and see.

Transfers are to mentally challenging when it comes to arsenal

we need to beat Chelsea sunday to set the record straight, ,mind you, I have a feeling in my right atrium that we actually going to win them with theo and ozil scoring and mabey cech saving a penalty lol.

why would Barca sell Busquets? why would wenger lend me 20k? catch the drift train?

anyways pleasant day for u gooners, and don’t read any transfer neewws just yet…….melt breakdown might just concur.

#ya gunners ya#

1. Mick The Gooner says:

I think in the past Busquets has said that he wants to play in the Prem some day. That’s probably where the rumour comes from. Arsenal have no transfer news the papers have to come up with something I guess.

1. KickAssFan says:

What if—BIG IF—Zlatan signs for us??? Oh my goodness…

Am I high???

1. PaddyGooner says:

Why would we want him. 33. Best years long behind him.

2. mohawk says:

I don’t know where this Llorente rumor came from but I hope it is a joke. The only thing Llorente offers is size – a big man to come in late in games and knock down balls in the box. Sanogo can do that! I hope somewhere there is a sports rumor inventor laughing his #ss off.

1. SoOpa AeoN says:

what do we need an italian Giroud for? L()L

1. KickAssFan says:

That will be terrible. Together they wiLl hold the ball up and get sent of for prolonged hold-up play.

1. SoOpa AeoN says:

@ KickAssFan……… Hahahahaha…. Football will then be nicknamed “BoringbaLL”

2. Gigi2 says:

Llorente Italian? He’s a Spaniard

4. John Legend says:

You lots are calous. Okay, he is not a star but at least a mini-star.. . . Lol

5. kabeer says:

muller and wanyama = perfect summer

6. HA559 says:

Who here still believes in Benzema transfer?

1. mohawk says:

Does it make sense that Wenger would sign Giroud to a ridiculously exorbitant contract only to waste another 50 mil and 150,000 a week on a striker than will likely only get 2 or 3 more goals per season. It makes no sense to me.

1. Jim A says:

Mohawk agree! I don’t think people realize he just signed a huge contract for 3 years. His weekly pay is in the Ozil Sanchez range.

7. k klin says:

Not a star? Common folks… he earns money(in the thousands) on a weekly bases – he is f#cking rich & that makes him a star IMO

1. mohawk says:

Having money and being a star are NOT the same thing. Words have meaning.

8. lalitsyal says:

The kind of young talents Wenger is buying is amazing……..making Arsenal’s future secure…….. #Salute

9. realmike13 says:

Yo anyone lookin for a fanasy premier league to join?
    Mine is real competitive! The code is 403175-258509

BRING HOME THE TITLE GUNNERS!

1. Goonsquad8 says:

I’m gonna join thanks!

2. Gunner says:

already on mate…u wanted competition…GOOD LUCK

3. Gunner says:

494297-123954…meet me there if u haven’t already…

10. fred cowardly says:

Lewandowski highly unlikely
    Benzema unlikely
    Reus unlikely (he said he is happy)
    Aubmeyang (same as above and very good friends with Reus)
    Draxler- possible
    Higuain- impossible (transfer fee)
    Ibrahimovic highly unlikely (salary)
    Cavani- possible but very expensive
    Pedro- highly unlikely (united and Chelsea)
    Greizmann- unlikely
    Lacazette unlikely

We may be looking at the last 24 hours signing. Hopefully, it won’t be a Welbeck type signing (ie llorente, Lambert, Vargas, Ballotelli etc)

I’m still hoping we can get one from the list Above.
    Hopefully, Wenger will do his magic one last time at least.

1. mohawk says:

I agree that many of those names are unlikely – many are more than unlikely. And deals are difficult to complete so any given transfer is often “unlikely” because so many things can go wrong.

But not all the names are than unlikely. Just because a player or a club “says” that a player is not leaving does not make it so. Players and managers say things all the time in attempt to influence the transfer process. But when cash is laid out things tend to change.

How many would have predicted Ozil coming. That one seemed quite “unlikely” before it happened.

If I had to guess I would say that Reus or Griezman would be the most likely of the bunch. Simply because I think they are players Wenger would like. I don’t care what they “say” to the media when asked a theoretical question about transfers. The reality of cash and flattery can go a long way toward changing things. And Dortmund has been known to sell a player or 2.

1. fred cowardly says:

Yes that’s true

We don’t know anything really
        Who knows what could happen?
        Sometimes players say they are happy where they are but still move

So lets hope something will happen
        fingers crossed 🙂

11. chinaka1 says:

Morinho(master of mind games) knows we are a quality striker short of winning the league and being a force reckoned with across Europe, he now resort to his mind games by saying if wenger should calculate the amount he had spent the past three years we would get surprised.
    I know Mr wenger, he would like to prove to morinho and the media that we dont depend on signing significantly to win the league by not signing a striker( a position we really need to strengthen) which will taint our hope of winning the EPl.
    And that would make morinho the winner because that’s what he wants, he doesn’t want us to sign.

My first comment in justarsenal.com
    from Nigeria.

1. BigWilli says:

Yeah right. Wenger won’t sign a striker becoz mourinho said he has spent alot already. Wow… If Wenger would think and act like that he wouldnt work as the manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world.

He’s not 10 y old, mate.

12. chinaka1 says:

If Di Maria joins PSG and Zlatan stays put, that would make Cavani to want out.
    I want him He’s a Warrior.

1. mohawk says:

I understand your “wanting” Cavani. He would fit in nicely. But this Cavani thing keeps coming up each transfer season and each time it seems less and less likely. The fee and salary for Cavani would be massive. Wenger loves CAMs and he will only pay top money for attacking midfielders.

Sorry. Cavani is not coming unless PSG and Cavani agree to a 24 mil fee and 110,000 per week – and that won’t happen.

13. Twig says:

Thumbs up for Walcott to play CF against Chelsea
    Thumbs down for Giroud to play CF against Chelsea

14. marc.overmars says:

I sometimes thinking that giroud is arsene long lost son… if you know the fairytale “The Emperor’s New Clothes” you will get the point…

1. mohawk says:

Wenger does have his favorites. That seems clear. I understand him keeping Giroud as a #2 o #3 striker, but the contract just given to Giroud was ridiculous. Giroud is better than many fans will admit. But he is not worth the big contract given to him.

15. Funny, but i still feel like we are not trying enough in the transfer market.

Just imagine this, Y bid £40m+ for Reus now (In an area which is not much a priority) when £30m + Campbell weeks ago would have land us J.Martinez?

Sad enough, the way i see thing, the so call Mouth-watering acquisition is highly unlikely. I feels it that time again, where we will have to accept whatever we can get at the end (Llorente i mean).

The best we could do now is to KEEP-DA-FAITH as usal. ONE LOVE

16. Yoe_its_Moe says:

He’s the Spanish Giroud … and I hope we don’t get him, but if it’s true it means that Wenger is insisting to play with a big man up top with the dreaded ability to “hold up” the play. I have much bigger hopes for out predicted signing of the summer !!

1. SoOpa AeoN says:

he plays in an italian League……. Hence the sobriquet!

17. Wenger just sent me to enquire from you guys which striker you want,and it will be done by Monday. He was specific ‘go to justarsenalnews’

18. YingYang69 says:

I like the look of Donyell Malen, two more years and ya never know. He reminds me allot of Patrick kluivert. I think we should have loaned him back to Ajax for a season at least, they have a great record for producing top strikers. The fact Manu and Barca couldn’t steal him away makes it even sweeter.

Lately I have liked the look of our academy signings, they always big up the youngsters but we have gotten a few that look or sound the real deal. Adelaide for one, cant wait to see what fortune has in him. Crowley Iwobi and Jalalem already looking promising. Looking forward to seeing Bennacer and Drago.

19. dotash says:

Walcolt is not a striker,Alexis is not a strikeR r .Giroud is a striker but not a good striker. Arsenal needs a world class striker.

20. goonerwineverything says:

i wonder what wenger will do now if the benz dosnt want to come only other options are.
    1. pay the madman fee of £64.7 for higuain, and hope that he produces the goods in the first season, he is a great goal scorer but the fee is crimina, if there is no one else i would be willing to jump on board with this crazy transfer. as a one off crazy wenger moment, and he is guaranteed as its a buyout clause, just agreeing his wages needed.
    2. try and offer £60million for reus as a last offer on the table, cash and if that fails then that is that.
    3. make one last offer to madrid for the benz of around close to to the £50millon, mark as possible and if this fails then leave it.
    4. make a sensible move for both Krychowiak(£21million buyout) and draxler, to be made into c/f(some between £25-29 million) for combined fee of £50million that to me would be a fair result, considering where we are in the window atm, and two positions filled also.
    5.or my big wildcard move put all our transfer cash(about £70million) into one MASSIVE move for pogba, and see what happens. or maybe make lyon an offer, they cant refuse for laccazette maybe?????