Arsenal v Besiktas Preview, Line up and Score Prediction

Arsenal vs Besiktas Preview, Line up and Predicted score by KJ

This has become a tricky game after the news that Giroud is potentially out for 3 months. We will be facing this Besiktas side with Giroud, Ramsey, Arteta, Walcott and Gibbs. They are all certified starters in my opinion and with no away goal as a cushion; this sets us up for a very nervy night.
Even with all these injuries/suspensions, we still have a strong enough team to beat Besiktas fairly easily providing we take charge early on. We need to dictate possession immediately and I’d like to see an early goal so we don’t become more and more nervous as the game wears on.

There will be a lot of importance on the performances of Wilshere, Cazorla and Alexis. They are match fit now and are amongst our most talented players (aside from Özil who will still be pretty rusty). They will need to take charge tomorrow and really give an outstanding performance to ensure we are amongst Europe’s elite this season.

Line up:
Szczesny
Debuchy – Chambers/Mertesacker – Koscielny – Monreal
Flamini – Wilshere
Sanchez – Özil – Cazorla
Sanogo

I expect Mertesacker to start tomorrow but if he’s still struggling fitness wise after the gruelling game at Goodison Park, he might get a rest with Chambers filling in.

Flamini and Wilshere will be our central midfield. The mobility of the Frenchman should afford Jack more space and time to play a more attacking game.

Our three behind Sanogo will have a lot of creative work cut out and will need to be intelligent so the young Frenchman has enough chances to finish off at least one. It will be difficult for him in such an important match but this is a good opportunity for him to get his first competitive goal at Arsenal.

I expect this to be a high intensity game but I’m sure Wenger and the players know how important this game is and I expect us to perform. 2 – 0 to Arsenal.

Tags Alexis Cazorla Ozil Wilshere

1. ljgomez says:

i honestly don’t like santi on the left, he always drifts in, and gives us no width and makes us suffer on defense….

1. nygooner says:

I rather Santi on left than Ozil, but agreed.

1. ljgomez says:

true, I just don’t see why wenger always puts someone who wont defend on the left…

1. mohawk says:

and often someone who does not play wide.

2. seancali says:

Podolski if given the chance will come through with the winner for us. I just have this image of him celebrating the winner in my head for a few days now…hope he starts, If he starts 3-1 Arsenal. Podolski 2 and ozill 1

3. seancali says:

please no sanogo for tonight…please wenger. Podolski has far more experience than him…start with fking podolski for gods sake ……NO SANOGO….

2. nygooner says:

Wilshere needs to be a presence in the midfield and our left flank needs to be strong with Santi and Nacho (should this be the actual lineup). I really hope Ozil does play in the middle too; he’s misused on the left and makes our left even weaker when he’s paired with Nacho.

COYG… ginormous game right here.

3. Punisher 16 says:

I’m pretty confident here. Arsenal have more experience playing champions league football in their right testi, than Benfica have in their whole squad. Injuries taken into account, I’m going 3-0. Full squad would have been a rout. Not sure Sanogoals will start but if he does I’m going 2 for him and a first for Sanchez! COYG

4. Budd says:

I reckon 4231 may work against Besiktas at home. Even with Ozil on the flank. Somehow I believe Ozil will not play 90 minutes unless we are comfrtably ahead.

5. You wouldn,t consider Chambers at DM, I think he is strong, good distribution and quick. Would protect the back 4 better, assuming BFG plays, and would mark Ba better than the Flame.
    Joel Campbell up top, no! He has more experience of UCL games, and WC , is much better at holding up the play, better passer, and for now, a more likely scorer from outside the box. Or, he could play out wide, with Alexis through the middle.
    Is Sanogo even fit?.

6. 007 says:

Arsenal 3 vs. Besiktas 1.

Goals by Ox / Kos / Carzola

7. jperiod says:

This will not be an easy game, despite what people are saying. Got to have a first class effort from everyone. Got to finish scoring chances. My concern is left side with Monreal starting. Will need to have whoever plays on the left help out defensively.

8. Invincibles14 says:

Is Sanogo back? If he is, I think he should start as our central striker ahead of Alexis. We need to be physical upfront, as they’re going to play rough, physically.

9. planner says:

its a pity every1 here would just come and drop his comment based on favouratism. I see no one talking about rosicky or Podolski in the starting xi. if I’m the coach I’ll play rosicky and drop Wilshire. Chamberlain should be drop also. I also tink podolski shld start if we really want to win. our players always waste lots of chance but poldi is clinical. koscielny has to play- i don’t care btwn chambers and mert who ever drops.

10. forever-Arsenal says:

I’m afraid we will struggle without Ramsey, Arteta, Giroud, Gibbs, Walcott.
    Also, Ba is a good striker

Besiktas will win 2-1

Szczesny
    Debuchy…Mertsacker..Koscielny…Monreal
    Flamini…Wilshere
    Ox…..Ozil…..Campbell
    Sanchez

1. gooner0217 says:

The latter seems to be better.. Don’t like Sonogo.. he is a no brainer.. no skills to finish, can’t hold on to the ball.. just tall and may be strong..

12. liam says:

I will put my two cents on Rosicky starting this game !
    At least I hope so 🙂

13. mohawk says:

When will this pretense of Cazorla and the left wing finally STOP.

1. kanaka says: