Arsenal v Leicester Preview, Line-up and Score Prediction

Arsenal vs Leicester Preview, Line up and predicted score by KJ

The players have to recover from that poor result in the derby and there’s no better fixture to restart the winning streak than against the worst team in the division – who’s manager is expected to be sacked if his team loses against us.

I feel the Tottenham result was a blip. It wasn’t down to bad management but down to the fact that we scored too early. The players believed they were playing well when they weren’t and we never recovered. This won’t happen against a team such as Leicester and we should really put them to the sword.

I expect us to play differently to the game against Villa as Pearson will surely not be stupid enough to play a high line against us at the Emirates. Keeping possession and using it properly will be an important aspect of the game,meaning the likes of Santi and Ozil should really be at the forefront of our attacks.

Predicted line up:
Szczesny
Bellerin – Mertesacker – Gabriel – Gibbs
Coquelin – Ramsey
Walcott – Cazorla – Ozil
Giroud

Wenger might give the nod to Szczesny now with the poor performance by Ospina over the weekend.

I can see Gabriel having his debut at the Emirates with Koscielny unlikely to start 2 games in 3 days.

The rest of the team stays largely the same with Walcott and Gibbs coming in for Welbeck and Monreal.

I expect big games from our midfielders as they were very poor against Tottenham and allowed them to constantly apply pressure on us. They will hopefully go out there with something to prove and will all give good performances.

I expect us to win this fairly comfortably, 3 -0.

Kash

Tags Gabriel Gibbs Szczesny Walcott

1. HelloTroller says:

Poor performance by Ospina over the weekend? What are you talking about? He saved us on so many occasions and we would lose with a 3-goal diffrenece if he wouldnt be in the net.

1. Mesut O-healed says:

Maybe he could’ve punched the ball better on that first goal, but Ospina made so many saves that I lost count. I still would keep him between the posts.

1. YingYang69 says:

It wasnt just that goal though. Allot of their shots should have been held but instead he makes them look harder than they were. If strikers reacted quicker they would of had joy and i think strikers are going to take notice of that in future.

2. muffdiver says:

0-3 ulloa hat trick

ozil misses penalty, head goes so far down he discovers badgers an takes selfies with them
    the kallstrom alliance form a human chain blocking the Leicester goal
    gabriel comes on to the sound of ‘rise again’, the whole stadium puts on a eyepatch

3. ArseOverTit says:

“It wasn’t down to bad management”..

Funny that..never is.

Arsenal to scrape nervous 2-1 win.

4. eloaking says:

Keep Ozil out of the team please!

1. fred cowardly says:

He has scored 3 games in a row and assist

2. Twig says:

Why? Would you argue with 3 goals in 3 games?

5. arsenalkid1970 says:

Think the new defensive player should get a game but should it be this one? Not sure as I think the best team should play and redeem there selfs. This being said we do want to see this new lad play. I hope we rip them apart. COYG

6. NIKK says:

Pls give Giroud a well deserved rest…his head and legs must be soar & hurting like hell from all those headers, flicks and non stop defending.

7. justin says:

4-0 Walcott hattrick plus Giroud.
    COYG

8. Gooner4G says:

Making numerous changes may distabilize the team, however under performers like Ramsey should be benched. Ospina may have conceded against Spurs but let us not forget the many saves h made, I felt that Szcezney would have let in more that 5 goals.

Leicester City should not be underated lest we regret it, Midsbrough (FA) too should be treated cautiously.
    Ospina
    Bellerin –– Gabriel – Koscielny – Gibbs
    Coquelin – Rosicky
    Walcott – Ozil —- Sanchez
    Welbeck

1. JAmerican says:

Dying to see Gabriel, just curious with the way things are going as it seems we can’t afford to lose any games in league and fa cup play when will Wenger introduce him since he’s new to the league…

1. Mesut O-healed says:

I think if the Gabista doesn’t start tonight, he will play against Middlesbrough. The question is which match is worth the risk when both of them are crucial. But he’s gotta play sometime.

9. JAmerican says:

I have a feeling with the hunger I see in Gabriel’s eyes that when he gets his chance someones going to get knocked off their perch. Just see it happening but could also be wrong…

10. fred cowardly says:

I disagree with giving Giroud rest. I think Giroud scores more against non-top teams. I have a feeling he will score. We always have Welbeck to back him up.

Ozil has had goals and assists since coming back and scored 3 goals in a row (last 3 games). He deserves a start.

Ospina should not be benched because of Spurs. Are whole defense were not up to par.

We WILL bounce back. I don’t think it will be tight either (we should not take Leicester for granted either).

3-0 Arsenal
    COYG

11. Vlad says:

What an idiotic article, and the lineup… “poor performance by Ospina” – did you actually watch the game? If it was Chezzer between the posts, Spurs would’ve scored 4 or 5 goals. Secondly, Sanchez is back, and I believe he will start, because Wenger is not gonna take any chances and will go for the kill. Gabriel? I doubt it also… maybe we’ll see him against Boro.

12. Twig says:

Quietly waiting for an over confident Arsenal player to post on instagram/twitter about how they’ll send Leicester back home empty handed 😀

1. JAmerican says:

Usually the worst player of the previous game or the most out of form player that comes out publicly. LOL

13. JAmerican says:

If there ever was an eye opener then the NLD loss has to be it for the club, I fully expect a quick turn around for the positive and a fully professional display against Leicester…

14. Kotte says:

I like ospina…he was great unfortunatly we lost!

15. muda says:

Believe me, if it was Sir szczesny then forget the poor punch consider it goal by first attempt.

16. CraigZWE says:

Ospina could have parried better, but this was his 1st real test, think he’s only going to get better.

Oooospina

17. GoonAR says:

Ospina
    Bellerin-Mert-Gabriel-Gibbs
    Le Coq-Rosicky
    Walcott-Cazorla-Ozil
    Giroud

Arsenal wins 4-0.

Goals by Walcott, Cazorla, and 2 from Giroud.

18. samuel@justarsenal.com says:

I think this low key game against the lowly Leciester team is the right game for the boss to introduce de Abereu to start. By the way, who is the 3rd Sergeant General at Arsenal FC? Arteta is the no. 1 Sergeant General while Rhinosacker is no. 2. I am dropping Rhino’ and his palsy Koscielny from my starts. I am dropping Cazorla, Welbeck and Ramsey too. While I will rest hardworking infom Monreal for Midlesborough visit. So too will I rest Giroud for ‘Borough. I will follow the bandwagon of the Gooners to start Ospina in the Gunners’ goal. Otherwise I would have started Szczesny to give him this lowly game to keep our goal. Szczesny/Ospina. BellerinChambers/de-AbereuGibbs. FlaminiCoquelin. WalcottOzilSanchez. Akpom for a 4-2-3-1 playing formation.

19. AlexisJsoft says:

Ospina
    Bellerin Gabriel Kosielny Gibbs

coq

walcott Santi Rosicky(c) welbeck

Giroud

20. Bartender says:

————-Ospina——
    Bellerin—Kos—Gabriel—Gibbs
    ————-Le Coq————
    —-Cazorla———Ozil——-
    Walcott—————-Sanchez
    ————-Giroud———-

I don’t want to ever see Ramsey wearing an arsenal jersey ever again after Saturday. I don’t even want him on the bench…

21. Dennis says:

we should be playing with our B-team, these guys are in relegation and we’re at home. We should rest Cazorla/giroud/Kos