Arsenal will win the FA Cup, here are the reasons

After a season that frustrated so much, Arsenal has the opportunity to win a trophy after we reached the final of the FA Cup.

It has been a rollercoaster ride so far and ending this season outside the European places will have come as a serious disappointment, but now they have an FA Cup to win and win it we will and I will be backing them using one of the best Paddy Power offers I have seen in a long time.

I am confident of the FA Cup returning to the Emirates for a record 14 th time, here are some reasons why.

The FA Cup loves us

Arsenal is the record winners of the FA Cup, having landed the trophy on 13 occasions already. We have appeared in the final a record 21 times and have won more than half of those times.

I think that this is a trophy that is tailormade for us and that is why we have beaten top teams along the way, including Man City, to get to the final.

Aubameyang needs a trophy if he is leaving the Emirates

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored the goals that got us into the final, and as he continues to consider his future at the Emirates, I expect him to play an important role in this final.

He scored twice against Manchester City and if he truly is on the verge of leaving the Emirates, then I reckon that he will want to leave with a bang by scoring the goals to win us this trophy.

Emiliano Martinez will want to prove a point

Martinez has been a very reliable hand in goal since he had to replace the injured Bernd Leno.

The Argentinian knows that when Leno returns, he will be sidelined again and I expect him to work hard to keep a clean sheet in this game.

If we can beat Manchester City and Liverpool, then we can definitely beat Chelsea

We have struggled for much of this season, but when it has mattered, this team has got the result.

Two of the best results we have enjoyed since the restart was beating league champions, Liverpool and FA Cup holders, Manchester City.

If we can come up with a game plan that will earn victory over the two best teams in England, I don’t have any doubt that Mikel Arteta can do a similar job on Chelsea.

Our team has let us down when we have expected them to do a good job this season, but we need to be positive about this FA Cup final because I am confident that boys will win it.

1. Highbury Hero says:

You predicted correctly we will beat Man city while me and I believe most thought we will get a heavy beating. I am gonna trust you on this one though I am not too keen to play on Europa League.

2. ThirdManJW says:

I am sure Giroud and Luiz will have a say in that haha

3. Where'sMyTop4TrophyGone? says:

What worries me is that recently, our squads have folded when it mattered the most. Last season, when reaching the top 4 in the last 6 games was down to just Arsenal’s performances, the season Leicester won the title, when every single top team was in the gutter, the Baku final that was our ticket for the UCL. I’m very worried. In fact, I’m so worried, I won’t watch the game. And yes, fans like me are also a problem at this club.

4. The Deluded One says:

I have decided to protect my emotions and what is left of my sanity by assuming we will lose.

I admit to being fragile and a coward.

Disclaimer: would obviously LOVE if we should Win!

5. gunnerforlife says:

Arteta surely will have a plan for us to beat Chelsea. Against Man City the plan was to attack on the counter and use the pace of our wingers. against Chelsea Arteta might go more direct and attack them from the outset. If our defence holds out and if Martinez is at his best, than surely we will win. We love the FA Cup and the FA Cup loves us. Up the Gunners!

6. Dazza says:

Arteta will outsmart Lampard.

7. Baah says:

May our dreams come to pass. However, gor Arsenal to win, Arteta has to get his acts together. He should be warry of sticking to the layback approach he employed against LivP & ManC, as we may not be 3x lucky. Unai deployed that excessive defensive play against Chelsea in the Europa Cup final, we were comprehensively battered. Yet, Arsenal was in a similar situation then, when the tournament was our only hope of reaching Europe, while Chelsea on the hand, had the luxury of playing just for the cup. Arteta’s line-up of the 1st eleven & substitutions is therefore key. Another question that might come to mind, is how much do those players themselves need the cup? Are they psyched enough for that match? Their attitude to that match would therefore be key. Lastly, but not in anyway the least, luck factor, is equally key to our coming out vitorious on Sat. My fervent prayer therefore, is, may mother luck shine on us abundantly as it did in almost all our recent victories especially the much celebrated victories against LivP & ManC & the last match of the season against the relegated bound Aston Villa.