Arsenal’s Flamini fired up for Fabregas fight!!

With friends like these, who needs enemies? At least that is what the Arsenal players and fans hope this will be what our former captain Cesc Fabregas will be thinking after he faces his former club in a Chelsea shirt at Stamford Bridge this afternoon.

Because there are still plenty of familiar faces for the Spanish international midfielder in the Arsenal ranks, but there will not be much friendliness on show once the whistle blows. One Gunner in particular, Mathieu Flamini, is fired up for the encounter, even though the Frenchman has revealed in a Sky Sports report that the two players are still extremely close.

Because of their respective playing positions in the centre of the pitch, Flamini knows that he will be in direct contact with Fabregas during the game and he will certainly not be thinking about their friendship when that happens. I just hope that he can be tough with the new Chelsea man and stop him influencing the game without getting himself sent off.

Flamini said, “We are really close friends. It is a special game for me to play against him.

“I stay in touch with him all the time. We live next to each other.

“He is someone I really appreciate on the pitch, not just because he is a good player, but he is a top guy off the pitch as well.

“Football is our lives, but also we have a life outside the pitch also.

“He shows the right mentality and works for the team. He is certainly going to be one of the (Chelsea) players to be careful about on Sunday.

“When we were together here, we had a great partnership on the pitch. He was more offensive and I was more defensive, working hard for him.

“The difference on Sunday is that I will probably mark him and that will not be easy – first of all because he is a good player, but also because he is a friend.

“Now after going to Italy, I have learned a lot tactically and obviously gained experience, so I am trying to play more with my head and more quality.”

Stopping or curbing the creative talents of Fabregas is clearly important to the Arsenal cause, but they have plenty of dangerous players in their side. The one that Arsene Wenger is most concerned about, according to another Sky Sports report, is their new striker Diego Costa.

If Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker can keep Costa quiet, then the Gunners have a great chance, but can they do it? And who will win the midfield battle?

Tags Chelsea Costa Wenger

1. Robin Vanpayslip says:

Just point him towards Ozil, the supreme assist maker.

1. muffdiver says:

as far as games go this is season defining.
      im putting all my chips on this game

1. then me thinks you are the wrong gooner on behalf of the arsenal family to be holding those ”chips” trade them will you plz.

1. muffdiver says:

damn i was joking – il stick to knock knock from now on.
          sorry i doubt you speak on behalf of anyone but you and your first cuisin/girlfriend … 🙂

1. nah she got a mind of her on she can take care of her own her way she strong she smart she’s a goonerret yall

2. davidnz says:

Nah this is just game
        7 of 38. It’s early days.

1. muffdiver says:

so are u saying i was wrong to bet my mortgage and first born son on this match?

1. every body knows bet on your first born son and you never loss not know about winning though

2. Robin Vanpayslip says:

@ Muff

No not made the wrong call. You will have an icegrill and Escalade by lunch time tomorrow

2. alxunder says:

i somehow smell at least a yellow on Cesc from Flam…
    Oh God pls dont let it be red this time…
    we MUST end this game with 11 players
    COYG

3. The Handsome_Gooner says:

i dont know if we will win or not but i am sure this is going to be a very close match

1. Nemanja says:

In my mind Murinho is the man who destroyed football… want to see him lose!

4. Pythagoras( but you can call me pi) says:

well, if Flamini is now more tactical than before he left Arsenal for Italy,,,then just how un-tactical was he in his first spell at arsenal?!!!

1. Pythagoras( but you can call me pi) says:

but I like him and hope he keeps sissy cesc in his back pocket and choke him with continuous foul smelling farts 😀 😀 😀

5. dan says:

Vital we do not concede early the longer it stays goalless the better for us as chelski will have to take a few chances to win the game the will increase the space for us then we can hurt them!

6. THE LAST TIME flamini spoke like this AC milano draw with Barca the got walloped ,so maybe we got beat last time ,we draw before then ,we win this time around no joke .

1. muffdiver says:

clutching onto any possible straw are we?

fair play man

7. Pythagoras( but you can call me pi) says:

1. muffdiver says:

ok haywill- whatever floats your yacht

1. Pythagoras( but you can call me pi) says:

why are you addressing haywill on my comment? I am not him

1. muffdiver says:

hmmmm

2. Twig says:

“I am not him”

Speak to my palm.

2. Pythagoras( but you can call me pi) says:

both our names have h a and y but there are more different characters than there are similar

8. when was the last time Arsenal won a game before international break ?

9. Yogesh says:

Let’s be frank..
    flammini marking Fabregas is like a cycle marking a Ferrari car :v
    In our team..only chambers can mark him if he plays as DMF
    hope we play like Bayern Munich one day !!
    Formation 3-2-4-1

————-ospina————
    chambers–koscienly–gibbs
    ———diaby–wilshere——–
    sanchez–ozil–cazorla–chambo
    ————-welbeck————-

10. eish! aarrhh mehn ? all ? dem these Chelsea fan bands beside me ,I thing moanrinho n abrahovic should sell this people on next January transfer window er! to aston vila ,west brom or Norwich something like that lol.

11. Twig says:

Wish we can have the Chelsea game postponed by 2 weeks so we can unlease Sanchez, Welbeck and Walcott on Chelsea 😉

12. GOONSTER says:

I am just not that confident by the way we play against big teams.. We play the same crap tactics season after season, same formation different but same kind of players season in season out..

We are so undisciplined in our play, we just attack with no thought about being countered, the Left backs, Right backs ans wingers all attack at the same time, the attacking midfielders all push up at the same time and don’t seem to have any sensing of opposition danger..

We do this every season against better teams and we get humiliated, our players just don’t seem to read the game or sense danger. This is what always unnerves me.

I am always nervous due to our suicidal tactics..

13. Tas says:

Hope Everton do a nuber on Man-U, tot’s to draw, Arsenal to silence our critics, may our defence have big pockets and our strikers great accuracy Ozil to have his best game ever and Mourinho to suffer Laryngitis.

shit was I praying out loud again :)))

14. Gunnersrule says:

I remember how fabregas was my favourite player when i started supporting arsenal(not very long ago because im only 13), RVP when fab left was my favourite player. Now they’ve both left off to rivals teams. Now im totally behind the current gunners, say, why dont we show fab respect by whopping chelsea’s arse?

1. really how old were you when you started supporting Arsenal fc oh oh oh is it supporting CESC lol , but really how opld were you fellow?

1. Gunnersrule says:

uh i was 10 but mature enough

15. Gaurav says:

I can watch future

And I am watching arsenal have beaten Chelsea

1. muffdiver says:

i will kick u in your crystal balls if your wrong mystic meg

16. 6 hours of motor bike riding will do for me to avoid today’s game lol

1. Tas says:

Why not the whole nine months you can miss all the season, stress free life.

1. true is i knows I need to miss 4 seasons lol

17. Sumo says:

Though i strongly fcuk up my predictions yet-
    3-2 to Arsenal.

God i won’t drink for a month. Promise. God only this match. Please please please.

1. NY_Gunner says:

@Sumo
      I got 4-2 to us…
      It’s time for us to dig in and put paid to this sh*t, once and for all…

WE F**KN RULE LONDON…. COYG

18. Twig says:

Wow, Cazorla did the tyre precision challenge with his left foot. Top player 😉

19. Ronny331 says:

Ahhhhh Man U 4th and above us as it stands 🙁

20. Ronny331 says:

Everton 6 points out of 21, wtf!
    What’s changed? Delofeu gone, Barkley and Mirrallas injured?

1. the Martinez magic brilliant first season of appointment bad season the next and they say they want him now lol try 3 to 8 years from now

2. john0711 says:

It’s Europa it costs teams big so,let’s hope we’re are not in it next year

21. Ronny331 says:

On BBC website:

Chelsea v Arsenal (14:05 BST)

Posted at

Former Arsenal defender Martin Keown: “Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has a philosophy of how he wants to play football which is where it will be difficult at Chelsea. He thinks his team are good enough to beat anyone but if you don’t defend in numbers against Chelsea they will punish you.

“The players have to recognise it and their game management has to be better. The manager doesn’t give you any restrictions. I would imagine Mathieu Flamini being important for Arsenal if he plays.”

Former QPR and Man City winger Trevor Sinclair: “I’m shocked [at Wenger’s philosophy] because offensively you can have your philosophy but defensively surely you change your game.”

22. Twig says:

Welbeck
    Sanchez Ozil Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Flamini Wilshere
    Gibbs Koscielny Mertesacker Chambers
    Szczesny

23. arsenalkid1970 says:

I would not play him like this. I would play CC next to MF
    It’s easy why go out there to win go and get a point. Just lock up tight and even take them with 10 min to go but just don’t give the game away. If AW can’t do this to day then sorry he needs to GO
    Can’t stand games like today coz everyone and its sister takes the piss out of the gunners

24. john0711 says:

Just seen the team Ox dropped for Wiltshire
    I really really really really really really hope he’s not playing ozil left

1. arsenalkid1970 says:

You no AW he will do it his way and we can see this as wrong but him well he lost the plot years ago mate

25. Ronny331 says:

Ox dropped? damn it 🙁

26. Ronny331 says:

@arsenalkid1970.
    Totally agree we need to build a big wall and make it difficult for Chelsea to get through. Eventually they will so we need to be prepared to break quickly or nick the game on a set piece, (with not too many players committed forward). I agree if Wenger doesn’t realise today is a day to defend a point and hope for three then he’s lost it and is delusional!

27. Ronny331 says:

Well done Naismith 🙂

28. Ks-Gunner says:

Arsenal fans tend to boo on the wrong direction.

Mind my words, if you boo Fabregas today, you will soon find yourself crying, bec he will up to punish us for any disrespect towards him.

A hero you could be, now you are nothing more then a mercenary C$nt, Cesc Fabregas.

29. Ronny331 says:

Just saw the team news, hope we plan to line up like this:
    Szczesny,
    Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs,
    Wilshere, Flamini,
    Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla, ,
    Welbeck

30. Justsoccerfan says:

Is just not a good time to play Chelsea. They are really in form now. Draw will be a very good result.

31. phil-thompsons-nose says:

If you want a punt on Chelsea @4/6 on reflection of past encounters.. That’s buying money..
    History isn’t in our favour.. The team selection and their team isn’t in our favour..
    Current form and current defenders are in their favour..
    Manure were 3-1 up at Leicester and nobody barring a few brainless Leicester ‘die hards’ saw 5-3 coming..

I’m a brainless gooner today hoping..5-3!

32. Ronny331 says:

Someone has got to beat them soon, if not I can see them going unbeaten for a lengthy period 🙁

33. Ronny331 says:

How I wish we were fielding this team today:
    Szczesny,
    Chambers, Hummels, Koscielny, Gibbs,
    Wilshere, Kondogbia,
    Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla, ,
    Welbeck

34. Ronny331 says:

What I want to see more than anything today is a leader on the pitch, some vocality and real fight.
    What we seem to be poor at is game management and changing tactics on the pitch as and when required. Today we need an organiser on the pitch, I think this will be Jack and Flamini today.

35. Poop Scoop says:

@Admin: why comments always being moderated?

(ADMIN – Because I caught you trolling under different names perhaps?)

36. Poop Scoop says:

@admin: Why does system allow it?

I don’t have anyone’s name now

ADMIN – The system allows it but be prepared to be moderated! Iam not an idiot I´m afraid….

37. Poop Scoop says:

@admin: if I left name as is or changed to original will it matter, it takes ages now for comments meaning no point in commenting.

If not how long so I can come back in that many weeks or months

ADMIN – Change back to CraigZWE, don´t troll, and I´ll allow you back tomorrow ok?

38. DANDY GUNNER says:

Fabregas 2 Flamini 0 BIG Mistake Mr Wenger.