Arsenal’s October games previewed – Can we carry on our unbeaten run to ten?

At the moment Arsenal are on an five match unbeaten run, and only two of those games were at home, with three away games which we were we usually falter, but in our next five games we have four of them at Fortress Emirates which gives us big chances to gain a lot more confidence.

Our next game is against our biggest rivals in our Europa League Group, Standard Liege, and a win in that one will set us up nicely in our quest to top the group. The Belgian giants are only one point behind the leaders Anderlecht, who are the only side to have beaten Liege in their last 8 games. They are on form but if we don’t take them for granted they should be beatable in front of our own fans.

Our second game, just three days later, is against Bournemouth at home. They are playing well and only sit one point below us in the table. It is imperative we play our best and try to start pulling ahead of the chasing pack make it a 7-game unbeaten run before the Interlull begins.

After the international break, our next game is a visit to newly-promoted Sheffield United, who are fighting hard to stay out of the relegation zone. It won’t be easy but should have enough firepower to take the points. Then we are back at home against Vitoria Guimaraes, who were beaten 2-0 by Liege in their opening Group Game. The Portugese minnows are currently in 4th place in the Primiera Liga, six points behind the leading trio. That is definitely winnable even with a few youngsters on the pitch.

Next up we have Crystal Palace, who are also one of the chasing pack one point behind us, so another win is definitely needed in that one to give us a very pleasing ten-game unbeaten run.

But there is one final game before October ends and that is the tough League Cup game away at Anfield, and where have an awful record, but with youngsters playing on both sides I would give our kids half a chance to get revenge for the first team. So, all in all, we could be in for a very fruitful October.

Fingers crossed!

Admin

1. Innit says:

Well starts with Thursday night.
    Let’s focus on #6
    1 match at a time
    And then Bournemouth afterwards

1. Blago says:

Based on the way we are playing, I doubt if we can make top 4.

1. Nitsram says:

Given that we are currently in the top four that’s a pretty ridiculous statement- we’re not setting the world alight but are playing better than our main rivals United, Chelski and those who shall not be named.

1. Pharaoh says:

The spuds will be named and shamed lol Definitely agree with your opinion Nitsram, we are in a healthy position so far despite our floundering defense. But I do believe with time, we’ll be able to figure it out. In the meantime, all our contenders are having a terrible go at it. Sounds good to me

I’m expecting Xhaka to be booked on Sunday, which means he’ll miss Sheffield United

1. Maks says:

Ha ha ha, I like that β€œdesperate” thinking of yours.
      Fingers crossed!
      but I have another level wish:
      Go Xhaka, go for a straight red and 3 games ban!

2. Kev82 says:

What’s your verdict on last night’s game Sue ? Mine is how have we got so mediocre ? πŸ™„

Ha i was just thinking about you – i just checked Real Madrid’s score… they’ve pulled one back
        … now 1-2… oh no, not Hazard, but Ramos!! Where’s the muse?! 🀣

Oh Kev, i was gutted… really disappointed… πŸ˜– but then this on Instagram really cracked me up – it’s possible the highest quality match at Old Trafford this season will be Soccer Aid 🀣

1. Kev82 says:

Hahaha he’s saving it for the Barcelona game πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ we were actually out possessed by man utd πŸ˜† god Sue we can’t even beat an absolute P*ss poor utd team what does that say about us 😞 haha that’s something I won’t argue with πŸ˜… so sore today and both my hands are cut 😬

For the Barca game, when in 2024?! 🀣
            I know it was awful, McTominay scoring omg πŸ™„ and what about the linesman?!! Sheesh.. he should have gone to specsavers!! All i can say is praise the lord for Pierre!! How good is he?!
            How did the move go, Kev? Stressful? How’s your Mum?

2. Kev82 says:

Haha your a comedian Sue it’s coming listen when I say πŸ˜‚ he shouldn’t be allowed to officiate another game absolute clown 😁 he’s special Sue reminds me of me back in the day πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ well Sue but I’m getting too long old for big moves I’m gonna retire πŸ˜‚ she’s happier thanks Sue 😊 I have to pop out for an hour let me know how the big Bayern game goes πŸ˜…

3. Nitsram says:

Do we ever expect him not to be booked? I don’t think there’s a safer bet in football, i wouldn’t be surprised if the bookies stopped giving odds on it.

He’s full of lunges & tugs (& i mean the shirt kind!)
        You’re not wrong, Nitsram!

3. Maks says:

Unbeaten run is not so important. At the moment Arsenal players are not Invincibles, and last year we also had nice unbeaten run and then everything fall apart due to tired legs and Emery’s tactics. He tried to copy his PSG time by playing Iwobi, Ramsey and Auba instead of Mbappe, Neymar and Cavani, ignoring Di Maria like his doing here with Ozil. Although due to reports confirmed by AFTV, Ozil has a almos cronical back problem and strange personal situation too, so we still dnt know what is real truth here. All I know is that Di Maria is again one of the best PSG players since Emery is gone.
    I hope that Emery will realise that Torreira can not play no. 10 and that Xhaka is a player from 20 st century, and that will beat 5pur2 and ManUtd next time we play them, as well as others who are lower then us.
    It will be really a shame that players like Auba and Laza, now players at their prime, would be remebered like ones who were not so lucky and played in times of Wenger and Emery.

4. Hill says:

with our best coming out injury,chances are high that the good run will continue beyond December

5. S.J says:

LDDWWWD

We will have a long unbeaten run, I believe that.

6. S.J says:

My team for Standard Liege.

Aubemyang..

Martinelli, Ozil, Nelson..

Willock, Torreria..

Tierney, Holding, Mustafi, Bellerin..

Martinez.

1. Innit says:

I’d prefer Chambers or Niles as RB
      And Bellerin at Bournemouth

And Sokratis instead of Holding
      Holding against Bournemouth

And Kolsanic against SL
      Tierney against Bournemouth

All the rest I agree with

2. Francis says:

Tierney is injured…

1. Declan says:

No he’s not injured.
        Arsenal asked he be withdrawn from the Scotland squad due to helping his recovery after just 70 minutes of football.
        He’s not injured and will play either Thursday or Sunday.

Saw an article (on daily cannon) about who has the most yellows… surprise surprise it’s us!
    Arsenal 68 fouls 21 yellows
    Chelsea 61 13
    Mancs 79 16
    City 70 12
    Spuds 83 16
    Pool 61 6
    Leicester have the least – 5
    21 – that’s a lot of bloody yellows!!

1. Innit says:

A bloody yellow makes orange.
      Red and yellow πŸ˜‚

Very funny, Innit πŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ‘

2. Nitsram says:

And how many were sokritis and xhaka?

Most, I’d say.. with Luiz 3rd!!

3. ken1945 says:

Sue, for those who say it all evens out over a season, I hope they study, digest and work out the average cards to fouls committed and compare northern teams to southern teams – the exception being, of course, spuds…Deans favourite club!!!

There is still not (as far as I know) a southern based referee deemed good enough by Riley – JON FOX where are you old friend!!!

πŸ‘ will make a very interesting read, Ken, that’s for sure!

4. Break-on-through says:

It shows bias against Arsenal, spu made more fouls but got a lot less cards, Mancs made more but got fewer cards too. Pool are only on 6 cards despite making 61 fouls. Pool’s game is all about tackling but they’re allowing them to get away with it whereas we seem to be punished on much more regular a basis. Most refs are from the north, there is definitely bias on show if those numbers are correct, this should actually be a huge talking point.

πŸ‘πŸ‘

8. Innit says:

Real Madrid are getting thumped at HOME by Club Brugge

So has Courtois been subbed because he’s crap or is it an injury?

9. Viju Jacob says:

Come Thursday, can Freddie be the manager please? Wishful thinking, but if the gameplan against Forest is implemented, our guys will do well. Xhaka can get his sore head rested too. My wishful thinking team, keeping in mind resring for Sunday, will play a 3-4-1-2 formation.

Martinez
    Chambers. Holding. Mustafi
    Bellerin. Torreira. Willock. Tierney
    Ozil / Ceballos
    Martinelli. Saka

In the long term, it will benefit our youngsters to be playing alongside Ozil, especially Willock, Martinelli & Saka. Ceballos will be gone after this year, hence I didn’t mention him.

10. Gily says:

OT: Former Arsenal youth Gnarbry against Spurs eleven and he still won 4-2.
    Spurs missed once in a life chance last season. So sorry…

11. Andrew Elder says:

Before we crow about Spurs losing 2-7 to Bayern, we sold Gnabry for Β£5m and paid Β£72m for Pepe!!

1. Lance says:

Gnabry refused to sign a contract extension, thus leaving Arsenal no option than to sell him.