Arsenal’s second signing arrives in London to begin quarantine

Things are finally starting to happen in Arsenal’s transfer dealings, with Nuno Tavares officially announced yesterday, and today we have found out that Albert Sambi Lokonga has now arrived in London after passing the preliminary fitness tests in Belgium.

Les Sports have announced his arrival late last night, but warns fans that he won’t be able to join up with Arsenal until he has finished his Covid protocols..

They reported….

We come to the end of the summer series. On Saturday morning, Albert Sambi Lokonga (21) arrived in London. He must pass the rest and the end of the medical tests started the day before. A formality, in theory. He will then be able to officially sign for five seasons at Arsenal.

He was unable to join his teammates directly in Edinburgh where they are starting a one-week training course (with two friendlies). Passing through the England box where the health situation is worrying, he must respect a quarantine of ten days before being able to train collectively with the Gunners. If all goes well, it is during a second internship, in the United States, that Sambi Lokonga will discover his new partners. With a preparatory meeting against Romelu Lukaku’s Inter scheduled for July 25.

Obviously we will have to wait for Arsenal’s official announcement, but I think we can all be reassured that this second signing is as good as done.

Who will be our third signing?

Admin Pat

Tags lokonga London second

The third signing would most likely be Ben White, then maybe we’ll hear something about Nketiah or Lacazette. After that, I predict Arsenal will surprise us with a new player that’s not mentioned in any news today

Agreed, gai. The Maddison rumours aren’t going away – we couldn’t, could we?
      As for Lokonga, I’m excited about this guy… recommended by Henry, that’s good enough for me!

Yes Sue, I don’t think Arsenal will be willing to spend 60+ M for Maddison after spending 50+ M for White

About Lokonga, I think he’s a box-to-box midfielder like Partey. If that’s the case, we might get a new specialist DM to protect our CBs

1. Sylva says:

@Gai
          If video is reliable enough he was quite impressive. But he will need to visit the gym to build some muscles he is easily brought down when playing and we all know EPL is a very physical league. But Gai,do you think Arsenal’s interest in White is real? I read other clubs are interested in him. We still need an A M that S Row can deputise for.

According to Transfermarkt, Lokonga is 6 feet tall. So at least he’ll be decent aerially

About White, Ornstein, Romano and Transfer Checker have said that he’s joining Arsenal. So I believe we almost reach an agreement with Brighton

As for a new CAM, I think Arteta’s final formation will be 4-3-3 without a no 10 in it. So it’ll make more sense if we’re looking for a right mezzala like David Silva, Bernardo Silva and Odegaard

2. Arsenull says:

I assume fairy godmother bestowed upon kse a jar full of gold that will fund the White transfer. Are we all forgetting that Arsenal can’t buy unless they sell?

The third signing will be possible only once another player is sold under his real value, because that is now the Arsenal way.

I guess White’s deal will be in installments like Pepe’s, hence the overpricing

1. Sylva says:

Nest week will be crucial in who we are buying so that hopefully the boys can join in pre season.

3. Ken Emma says:

Let the third signing be Renato Sanchez… I so much love his playing method… Very strong guy… He will be OK i think

1. Kurt says:

I 2nd that🙏🙏🙏

2. FootballisTrivial says:

1. ArsenalWhy says:

I’m so happy for Martinez, after spending ten years on the bench for Arsenal and now finally things are going his way. Leading Argentina to an international cup in 28 years.

1. Harry says:

You are right.

1. John says:

For sure

2. Ceemahn says:

Christ Jesus,you lots still blabbing on about this sale?? Get a life mate,your too childish for my liking.
      Dude wanted to leave cos he could not wait and fight it out with Leno and he was granted his wish,end of story and please don’t you ever mention anything about this no more cos it’s getting irritating to read this days!

1. Pepe says:

@ceemahn
        You have the option to ignore the message instead of making a more irritating comment

He also has a perfect right to comment on anything he pleases. Do you not believe in the rightof ALL to free speech then, as your post indicates?

2. Kelly G Nation says:

You started with the Lord’s name and ended with casting aspersions on another. Isn’t that irritating ? We are all not happy about the sale of Martinez and we will not stop talking about it. Block your ears and throw a blind eye if you can.

2. Johnmike says:

Ceemahn, exactly my point. This lots are becoming increasingly pathetic and aggravating, I for once will never blame those responsible for his sale because of Leno, Leno have been doing well for us before his injury that brought Martinez to the limelight, how could any rational and sensible thinker asked that we religate Leno for Martinez then.

3. FootballisTrivial says:

When did I say I disagree with his sale? I am talking about the price, so please read better.

1. Kenny says:

Their English are poor. Forgive them.

3. Ovo says:

My exact same feelings regarding this Martinez deals and I even feel more pained each time I watch make some very spectacular saves for Villa plus the fact that right now he’s the Argentine #1 goalie, the only consolation is that Villa finished below Arsenal on the league table. It was a bad decision….

4. Admin Pat says:

What on Earth does this comment have to do with Lokonga? Get a life…

PAT, IS THIS SITE NOW SO DRACONIAN THAT WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISCUSS ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE ARTICLE IN QUESTION?

I say this even as someone who is generally, but not always, keen to see the subject raised discussed in depth. But you will surely admit- even if only privately to yourself- that the actual subject raised needs to be of PROPER interest OR ELSE fans are bound to write about whatever they please?

Do please answer this question PAT one way or the other, as many will wish to know your real view , having first considered this post of mine.

1. Admin Pat says:

Yes Jon, if you seriously don’t think the arrival of our second signing is important then I am flabberghasted, BUT the problem I have is this is the SECOND post today that someone has jumped in with a Martinez interruption.
          There are three comments on Lokonga or our possible third signing, then we get “Can’t believe arsenal sold Martinez for just 20m. For a club that’s tight on finances, they keep giving away players for discounts.”

What the hell that that got to do with the price of fish! exactly A YEAR after we sold him
          There was a Martinez post yesterday, they should have got it off their chests by now, no?

Ad PAT, this is not about what I think as that is not relevant to this matter.

It is about whether or not you believe in free speech or NOT.
            Yes, I CAN AGREE THAT HAVING WRITTEN AN ARTICLE IT MAY BE FRUSTRATING THAT SOME FANS THEN CHOOSE TO SPEAK ABOUT OTHER MATTERS BUT THIS IS CALLED FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
            Neither you, nor I ,nor anyone else has any moral right to prevent anyone saying what they wish about any matter . Unless you decree that your draconian view Pat, on free speech is the only view allowed.

You have the power as Admin to enforce this. But you have NO moral right to do so. So its up to you and how restrictive or alternatively how freeing you wish to be Pat.

2. Admin Pat says:

You know I support free speech and I love diversity. But I believe in talking about the topic in hand. You have 20 a day! Isn’t that enough?

But also Jon, reading 500 comments a day, I am sensitive to trolls hijacking sensible conversations.

It’s a fine line I know and are usually split second decisions, but as you know, The Buck Stops Here!

5. tobias nyambu says:

At the time Martinez was sold was not in the capacity to replace Leno, there was no choice but to sale him, and if so we can not keep all players, some go away and florish and also some fail. It’s all about life, career and moving on.

1. kori says:

Martinez is gone a year now,so lets move on. get another goalie if needs be. no need crying over spilt milk. Hope Lokonga can settle quickly and give some decent performance when called upon.

1. Ernest says:

Arguably,Arsenal are huge club! So it’s very important for us to recruit more exciting and experienced players such as Madison and Locatelli.

6. RSH says:

We are all so tired of emi Martinez comments. We know by now. Been close to a year 🙄.

👍👍

1. Alanball08 says:

Would have love for EM to have stayed but he has been gone a season so we do need to move on
          Question we have ask is. Who finished up with the better defence record between us and villa for last season
          Can we now talk about the new players coming in
          Ps
          Did anyone see the 66 world cup final in colour last night
          Bally was immense 😄

3. Fred Onditi. says:

Our next signing should be a box to box midfielder in either, Camaving, R. Sanches, R. Neves or Locateli, then a creative midfielder and lastly Ben White can follow.

1. Christopher Loum says:

Renato Sanches and Martin Odegaard would be the best recruitment.

4. Khaly says:

spot on @ceemahn. matinez was sold more than 1 year ago.. Its so irritating bringing the issue up again. We are talking about Lokonga, our new man!

1. Gunners4life says:

The new man is not exciting enough. He is likely not a starting eleven material, or at least not yet.. Anyway, there is nothing much to discuss about Lokonga, except saying yay or meh.. If the article introduces us more on him, his stats, his potentials, how he compare to our other midfielders, then probably we have more things to discuss about him.

And judging by the number of comments on Emi, his case is more exciting, and probably more relevant now that he won a major trophy as the main goalkeeper. Last year, it was difficult to judge if we sold him cheap for 20M. After all, he was our no 2. And Im happy for him. A true arsenal man. Maybe one day he will be back, for 50M or more, just maybe..

1. Kelly G Nation says:

I agree with you. Martinez should come back at all costs. Selling him was the worst mistake arsenal ever made. He gave us the FA cup, we all know that. Leno is no match to him.

5. asiru raheem says:

Signing lokonga and tabarez is good but the club has not shown seriousness. Our main problem last season have not been addressed. We found it difficult to create chances and score goals. A serious club would have identify a single player to help out and go for him first. Though we might still buy, but that should have been our main priority.
    Now that we have gotten replacement for Xhaka, backup for Tierney, and replacement for cebalos; willock, we need replacement for Luiz to follow, then replacements for Odegaard, and Bryan, while bellerin, William, toreirra, MNL, and Kolacinac can leave without replacements because we already have them.

1. Christopher Loum says:

I agree with you but we need to keep William but others can go including Willian. However we need a new goal keeper.

6. Elijah says:

Tears in my eyes when ever I see classy Emi

1. Pepe says:

Banned
      You can’t talk about Aston villa players here
      We have world class Leno

2. Celestine Uzoma says:

One love my Gunners Fan’s. Let’s move our club forward

7. John says:

Martinez will return soon enough when his contract ends……we miss him.

1. Christopher Loum says:

We some one else for a new challenge in the likes of Dean Henderson or Onana Andre or even Pickford

8. Agusa says:

Lokonga is a good signing!If White could be a done deal as well as Aour, I’am very sure that Arsenal fc will shine again.

9. Highbury Hero says:

It is encouraging how the transfer business has been conducted so far. Hopefully all our transfer targets will be wrapped up by the end of next week so they can have month to gel with the rest of the squad.

The floodgates have opened…

11. S.J says:

In as much as it pains me for letting Emi Martínez go, it did has been done, so that is history.
    No amount of crying and frustration will bring him back to our club.

Now, sensible people will try to move on, concentrate on the team, the current players we have, and how we will move forward as a club.
    Finishing 4 or 5th should be the target this new season.

Now, Lokonga has arrived London. We should be evaluating what he brings to our team, his qualities, the role he should play.

I see him as a central midfielder with hidden talents. If coached well, he can turn out to be like a Paul Pogba.

I would like to see him partner with Partey at the base of the midfield. Maybe he can even turn out to be like Bissouma some of us are crying out for.

Hopefully, the lad gives us the best years of his career.

12. Robin Keith Wainwright says:

There was no mention of Willock in the Keep, sell or loan column. Sell him immediately and take advantage his freak goalscoring at Newcastle. We could get £25m for this overrated , headless chicken.

1. ken1945 says:

How I love it when our fans support our players.

As for the signing, if it comes to fruition, yet another feather in NA/Edu’s cap.

Now for this exceptional deal that we were told was going to happen…. our squad looks better every day.

OT – Sue have you been given the opportunity to watch our friendlies for free, as you are on the waiting list?
      I have just actioned my s/t to do this….. yet another example of the club trying to gel with the fans.

Hi Ken.. yes, as I’m red and have renewed. Just waiting for the email with the voucher code!!

1. A J says:

Hi Sue.

Email containing code should have arrived pretty much immediately after renewing red.

Both mine and my wife’s arrived simultaneously directly after payment of our renewals.

Cheers AJ… I didn’t check my emails at the time, only checked my Arsenal account. Have now looked and found it – Redeemed! 🙂 Thank you!
            Roll on Tuesday!

2. ken1945 says:

Sue 👍👍👍

2. Gunners4life says:

Maybe next year, in an unrelated article, we will start discussing how we sold willock for cheap 😂😂

13. El nus de gunners says:

Wow, am so so excited with mikel and edu this window, pls get ur houssem, renato, white and isak or arnautovic then conv

14. Christopher Loum says:

How I wish the fourth signings would be Martin Odegaard and the fifth to be Onana Andre or Dean Henderson after Ben Whites

15. Christopher Loum says:

Renato Sanches and Martin Odegaard would be the best recruitment.

16. J Krown7 says:

Welcome to Emirates stadium, Lokonga. Your arrival means a lot to the club. As for Willock, I want the club to use him in his normal position so that we can know how he performs. He was a good midfielder at NEWFC while on loan, so let him be given an opportunity here for 4/5 matches before we decide what to do with him. Our next signing should be Locatelli or Bissouma pls and then follow by Ben White. Thank you all for your contributions. UP GUNNERS FOR LIFE!!!!?

17. Andrew Elder says:

I can’t form an opinion about Lakonga, I’ve never seen him play.

Paying a reported £50m for White, a CB, seems a bit risky unless we see qualities that no other top EPL teams have seen. If he’s that good why aren’t Chelsea or Man City in the running considering their buying power and what they can offer the player? It will be great if he turns out to be another VVD!!!

18. Ernest says:

In my opinion,Arsenal are in dire need of two creative and pacey players!Last season we were not creative enough to produce scoring opportunities.I therefore posit that should we secure Maddiso and Locatelli,as well as someone like Isco from Real Madrid,we’d have done some great transfer businesses .

19. Ernest says:

20. Switch says:

If Edu can get Maddison,RB and CF then i expect arsenal to compete for the title.

21. Samuel Akinsola Adebosin says:

Who will be the next new player that Arsenal are likely going to sign after they’ve closed the deal for their signing Lokonga? Ben White should be the next in-line who I think Arsenal will sign. But if Brighton will not play hard ball with Arsenal to bring-in go slow into the final discussion in White transfer deal to Arsenal.

But should Arsenal still go ahead to sign Onana this summer after they’ve recently announced that they have promoted Okowonko to the first team squad as the 3rd goalkepeer behind Runarsson in 2nd and Leno undisputed in1st position in the squad? I think the club should go ahead to sign the reported top quality goalkepeer Onana this summer. But if the transfer deal negotiations to bring him to Arsenal is right and correct for Arsenal, Onana and his selling club. And after signing him, I think one of Runarsson or Okowonko should be loaned out in January.

22. Nebulous nebula says:

Lokonga wS brought for his passing, apart from that dude falls after 3 touches

1. Grandad says:

Are you suggesting we ought not to have bought Lokonga who is held in high regard by Vincent Kompany, Henri and Martinez, three guys with a wealth of success and experience in professional football.?

OT.. Well the tennis didn’t disappoint, fantastic game. Now the football… Come on!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

24. zakari abdullahi lefu says:

HAppy for the signing.
    Pray we sign more.

25. Mambo says:

Its coming Rome

26. FootballisTrivial says:

Hope saka doesn’t takle that too bad.

27. Mambo says:

And thats why he does not take penalties for us.

Rather we fins out at England’s coat than Arsenals

OT.. Poor penalties…. poor Saka 🥺
    Rashford and Sancho should’ve stayed on the bench!!

1. Siamois says:

Poor Saka the boy is distraught I’m worried about the abuse he is going to get.

I’m gutted for him, Siamois…

1. Siamois says:

So am i!hope it won’t affect him too much!

Yes, it’s very worrying.. poor sod will have to delete his social media accounts. No doubt the media will focus on him even though he wasn’t the only one to miss. At least he went for it though and didn’t sod about like Rashford and Sancho. Donnarumma was always going to save at least one – the man’s a giant!

29. Stephanie says:

My heart goes out to Saka 😭❤

1. Kieron Blandford says:

I just knew as we approached penalties that it would be our Bukayo that would be last up and miss, just had a feeling.
      Hope he is okay soon as his joyous smiling personality is what makes him play so freely.

30. RSH says:

Poor Saka. There were other players that should’ve stepped up instead of a 19 year old. C’mon now. It takes guts to step up in that scenario. We love you Bukayo ❤

31. Adajim says:

What was Southgate thinking giving Saka such huge responsibilities

1. Siamois says:

I was thinking the same so unfair that’s when you need experience i thought Southgate choice if penalties takers was poor.

2. RSH says:

do we know if southgate had an order after the first 5? maybe not. surely Grealish has to be stepping up in that situation over Saka?

1. RSH says:

oh wait, saka was on 5, THAT MAKES NO SENSE???

2. Siamois says:

Surely he has to cover every scenario possible no?

1. RSH says:

yeah you’re right. espsecially since he put rashford and sancho on just to take pks i guess this was the order. If that is the case that’s on Southgate. Sterling, Grealish got away with not taking PK’s and thats not right.

1. Siamois says:

I agree i was surprised not to see Sterling Grealish…taking penalties!i know it is of little consolation but England reached the final that’s progress!

32. Gmv8 says:

Tbh – reminded me of watching an Arteta game, begging to bring on Saka and Grealish in second half. No subs, backs against the wall until they scored. If we’d made subs starting second half, different result

33. Samuel Akinsola Adebosin says:

Saka missing a penalty shoot outs kick for England in the Euro 2020 final at Wembley tonight is a bad marketing by him for Arsenal I will say. What I think is left for him now after his penalty miss for England tonight is for him to rediscovered himself to come good for club and country when it matters most. And forget all about he is being over hyped in the media. Which I believe has gotten into his head making him think he has arrived there before he actually has arrived there.

1. RSH says:

this is nonsense. all of his teammates have said this tournament hes a nice down to earth guy. suddenly he has an ego based on what exactly? Let’s not do this please 🙄

Oh come on, he should never have had the whole country’s responsibility on his shoulders!
      All I can say is fair play for getting up there and taking it. Where were Sterling, Grealish or any of the others?
      He’d never taken one before, his first tournament… he’s done us proud.
      ❤ Bukayo

34. Aaron says:

Hindsight is always 20/20, but putting 3 youngsters to take the pk’s was asking for it.
    All that attacking flair, and GS played it Arteta safe, and well, we all know what happened.

1. RSH says:

he played it safe all the way to a PK shootout in a european final… then he decides to take crazy risks 😂

35. RW1 says:

Poor managerial decision making … beginning with essentially 8 defensive minded players for a cup final at home … if I include mount … who has been poor all tournament but SouthGate kept playing him … the choice of penalty takers was shocking … has saka even taken one for us ? Can’t remember .. the kids still a teenager … game was lost in second half when it was clearly running away from us and SouthGate was clueless as to what to do … very poor stuff

1. Gmv8 says:

Absolutely right – have been in the same situation time and time again with Arteta where we need to step it up and make subs, but we try and defend a slender lead. Fans would’ve been slating Arteta in a similar situation. We had a strong bench yet gave them the advantage in the second half, if we’d have made the subs in the second half taken off Trippier, Mount and Rice, replaced them with Henderson, Grealish and Saka, we would’ve won. We had the better team all day long, they had the better manager. We were lucky against the Danes and Southgate didn’t learn.

36. Samuel Akinsola Adebosin says:

But to think of it, why is it that football is refusing ti come home again despite all the untiring ceaseless efforts by England that they have made to make it come home to have another holiday since it last came hone for a deserving holiday res in 1966 before it resumed it’s journimg around the world again where England has sent it to be going around to give out the game..

37. Wolf says:

English Pogba needed

38. MHR says:

Arsenal seem to be facing some competition and uncertainty with Aouar. I hope the third signing is Marcel Sabitzer.

39. Kedar says:

Southgate had been very defensive in all Euro
    Playing 6-7 defensive minded players every game…
    Such a negative tactics
    When you have players like Jack Grealish, Saka, Rashford, Sancho, Mount, Foden, Sterling then how can you play with such defensive tactics…
    You have one most pacy wingers… Lethal finisher in form of Kane then how on earth he started with 7 defensive minded players at times.
    English squad was one of the best in Tournament…
    Such a shame
    Overrated Manager who knows his limitations and that’s what opted for safe defensive tactics..

40. Papilo says:

I am new in this room, am I welcome? The Great Gunner

1. Admin Pat says:

All GOONERS are welcome!

41. John singh says:

Look forward guys, lets have confodence in our lads n cheer them up , we r back and Arsenal will roar again at the Emirates and tsste glory again …..cmon Gunners go for the kill….

42. Break-on-though says:

Arteta will enjoy working with him. He might be a back up to Partey for time being. Good luck Lokonga, we’re all excited about your future, and we’re sure you’re gonna put in the hard work.