Confirmed – Kieran Tierney is officially an Arsenal player

Finally, Kieran Tierney is an Arsenal player signing a long-term contract as officially announced by the club.

It is understood that the final fee agreed between Arsenal and Celtic is £25 Million.

This transfer has been a bit of a roller coaster ride, two rejected bids, Celtic playing hardball, concerns over the player’s fitness and so on but that is all now in the past, Tierney is now officially a Gooner.

This is a brilliant transfer for Arsenal, Tierney is highly regarded, he is a Scottish international, has more trophies in his cabinet than Tottenham, has Champions League experience and is still only 22-years-old.

The young left-back has played for Celtic 170 times across all competitions, scoring eight goals and has 12 Scotland caps to his name.

Tierney is an exciting player that is first and foremost a quality defender, however, he is very effective going forward and is the exact sort of player that Unai Emery has been looking for.

It is not known when he will make his first-team debut because he is still recovering from a double hernia operation.

Signing Tierney adds to a brilliant transfer window for Arsenal and to think that at the start of the window it was being reported that they had just £45 Million to spend.

FINALLY!!! Been waiting all day for this…. Welcome to the Arsenal, Kieran!! 5 years… nice!! ?

1. Dan kit says:

Everton still in for Iwobi Sue ,sky sports ,not sure how seeing it’s after the deadline .

Omg Dan…. apparently they have till 7pm? ?????

2. Durand says:

Deal Sheet fully completed and submitted before 5pm deadline allows for extra 2 hrs.

It states deal between clubs agreed and the extra time is allowed to finalize signatures dot i’s and xross t’s before submitting finally paperwork.

Just saw on tv while Rebecca Lowe explained and showed copy of that Deal Sheet

1. Dan kit says:

What’s quite sneaky is ,if we sell him we would have made a profit again in this window .
          Anyway I’m happy with the players we have got in .

1. David Rusa says:

Which profit? Do you realise we spent about 140m? How then can 35m be a profit. But let us even assume we made a profit. What is wrong with a profit? Did you want a loss?

2. ken1945 says:

Welcome to The Arsenal – We are so pleased to have got you AND for five years as well!!!!!

Just get the Luis deal over the line and we will have been given EXACTLY what Josh and UE promised…a superb window.

Now let’s start winning some trophies and get back to where we belong in the CL.

1. David Rusa says:

Thank you for your usual positive approach Ken. You bring fresh air in a polluted atmosphere. That is the way to go rather than that of the prophets of doom who never see anything good with our club.

2. Dan kit says:

Well David we didn’t spend 145 mil ,where did you get that from ,my question was a simple one there was no doom or gloom about it .
            I said I was happy maybe read before posting .

3. Oluwafemi says:

Appears Everton also applied for an extension of time to complete a transfer which had already begun before the window closed.

2. Oyama says:

Welcome home boy, happy times are coming

1. Adedayo Duyile says:

Wow, congratulations to u boy and welcome to Arsenal love u boy.

1. Sydney says:

Welcome to Arsenal

3. Simon says:

Good one from the gunners

4. El kaissi says:

OMG!!! This is sweetning news.. I love this please a center back and we can go all the way… Somebody Unveil a CB !!!!!!

5. kev says:

At last Tierney arrives.Now I can sleep

6. arie82 says:

Suoerb ?
    Waiting for luiz now

7. kev says:

Iwobi could be on the move meaning Zaha could be on the move but I think everything has been left late

1. Ayo says:

Zaha is unrealistic. He is staying at CP

2. Durand says:

Yep saw where Rebecca Lowe quoted Sky saying Everton agreed £40 million for Iwobi, submitted paperwork and have the 2 hr extension to finalize the deal.

Wow, Raul mugged Everton for £40 million for a bench player. Raul’s Voodoo is strongest I’ve ever seen, absolute master.

Double mugged Everton on Walcott and Iwobi, £70 million combined.
      #dumpingground

Result!!!
        We have to feel for the Everton fans…. don’t we?? Nahhhh!!!! ???

8. Ade says:

Your transfer really too a long long time to materialise but at last you are here, welcome to Arsenal Kieran

9. RSH says:

Took all summer, but job done! Can’t wait to see him play! Sad to hear about Iwobi u-turn at the last minute, but if Everton are paying 40mill for him, it’s hard to turn down. Good luck Alex!

10. Vairas says:

Iwobi on the move fellas

Stop toying with me!!!

1. Vairas says:

Done deal! Iwobi gone for £40M

1. It's Me says:

Let’s see what the impact of these signings would look like so by January transfer window we take a look at what we can do to our central defense. A better window this has been for us.

11. Sammygunner says:

Woow welcome tierney to the Arsenal.

12. Illiterate says:

All hail King Kev.

Its not even Christmas but us fans are being showered with gifts left, right and center. Lol

13. ThirdManJW says:

Welcome to Arsenal! I am really pleased with this transfer. Hopefully he is fit asap.

14. Pablo Picasso says:

Welcome to the Arsenal.

Waiting for the Luiz news now.

15. kunle says:

David luiz story yet,why

1. Ayo says:

It will likely happen. They must have filed the necessary documents.

16. Raja Danish says:

welcome to arsenal Kieran Tierney!! COYG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Raja Danish says:

welcome to arsenal Kieran Tierney… COYG

18. Ayo says:

Iwobi deal might still happen, according to Skysports

19. Tissiam says:

OT:does anyone know apart sky if there is a deadline day show on telly,BBC used to have one,do they still have it! thanks

20. Dan the cannon says:

my screen time has been ridiculous today looking at all the sites. I’m so excited for the new season right now. There can’t be any team that is looking forward to playing us. If the transfer window was a competition I think we have won it! In KT we have a very very good player. Will be the best in his position in the league come seasons end.

21. Kamara Jimmy Mwisa says:

Finally some one can have sleep with out nightmares with a soft defense wooooowo this good for the coming season

22. Dan the cannon says:

Alex Iwobi has also gone to Everton. I beat kev

It’s wee time…. hahaha!!!

2. Alee says:

I don’t think he will be leaving because we can’t get a replacement now the window is shut.

1. Alee says:

Except if we already have something in the pipes.

2. Dan the cannon says:

Spare pants at the ready sue. Apparently it’s 43 million or so and is agreed. Could make sense as means we should have money available for the January window, zaha anyone?

???
          I’m gutted we didn’t get him today, but yes January will have to do.. better late than never!!

Sue , Whatever makes you think we will get Zaha in January or even next summer? Forget him. He is far too expensive and so will not be coming. NO CHANCE AT ALL, as I have been telling all Gooners on here since this silly rumour first broke. Oh yes, I have no doubt we would have liked him but he was always far too dear and we now have our winger anyway. FORGET THIS FANTASY. YOU OUGHT TO KNOW BETTER than to maintain hope

23. Kev82 says:

Great signing a fine young left back! Welcome aboard Kieran Tierney ?⚪

Young… not used to that ??

1. Kev82 says:

Of course your not used to that Sue you were his age when Celtic won the European cup ????? jokes ?

???????? such a funny guy!!
          Poor old Sane, doing his ACL.. he’ll be out for ages!! Shame..

What’s the hold up with Luiz? He can’t still be having his hair done for his unveiling???

1. Kev82 says:

Hahahaha him and Guendouzi are doing a head n shoulders ad before he’s announced ?? yeah maybe you should watch the ACL procedure on YouTube now ?

?? maybe I will tonight hahaha after celebrating a very successful transfer window!!!

3. Kev82 says:

Still waiting for Luiz ? yes it’s hard to get a good left back so well pleased with that one ? did you know the world is dominated by righties ? Only like 20% are lefties ? which are you Sue ?

I’m a lefty ? (& no not cack handed ?) how about you, Kev?
            Waiting for Luiz & Iwobi… argh!!! Come on!!!!

5. Kev82 says:

Haha your a southpaw then ? I’m a rightie Sue the old orthodox ? haha deary me what’s going on the January transfer window will be open before they’re announced ?

?? well it’s official, Kev… and I’ve come round to the idea!!

7. Kev82 says:

Perm incoming ? hairdresser appointment made Sue ? ? Enjoy Sue he’s a top player and for once guys in the studio including Jamie O’Hara think we’ll be a force ?

Haha I’m contemplating ?
            Jeez I bet that broke their hearts saying that!!
            Still no word from Everton? I gave up watching sky sports… taking forever!!!

9. Kev82 says:

Why what are you watching now ? You couldn’t even wait until Iwobi was out the door Sue ? tut tut ? haha possibly but according to that clown Souness utd are the best of the rest and he’s the only one to think so apart from the obvious when he comes back (Paul Merson) ?

OITNB (on season 2 now!)
            I just checked.. it’s official, he’s a toffee!!
            Oh isn’t it boring listening to all their codswallop ?? they go on & on & on ????

11. Kev82 says:

Haha yeah Sue I’m bored to tears I’ve been glued to the TV for hours and now have to get a laugh (Tim Sherwood) see him tear Arsenal apart on the debate ? you enjoying it Sue ?

He’s a closet gooner, he won’t do that ?
            I sure am!
            Saturday is full of football…Soccer AM, City v Hammers, Soccer Saturday, Spuds v Villa (come on AV) MOTD… (plus Wentworth Prison finale!) ???

13. Kev82 says:

That’s right Soccer am is back I bet your buzzing about that ? ? Hahahaha yeah with his Arsenal tatt ? so you happy with our transfer window Sue ? I’m extremely happy Coutinho would have been icing on the cake but Iwobi leaving is great I know some fans on here will be crying their little eyes out but let’s be honest he was useless ?

I’ve missed Jimmy Bullard so much ? pumped for it.. although I’m working till 1.. so it’s on record!!
            Yes very, Kev.. it surpassed my expectations, big time! When we’re all fit, we’re gonna have some team, Kev!! And this is just the start..

15. Kev82 says:

Tim Sherwood praising Arsenal ? 2 former Tottenham players have praised Arsenal today I’m dizzy ? oh you won’t see it live ? haha got a little soft spot for JB Suzanne ? ? David Luiz I’m just glad Auba and Laca are on my side! Do we love him yet ?

Sheesh!! What’s wrong with them haha!! It’s rare!!
            He’s just so bloody funny & I never noticed when he played, but he’s so skillful & I just love watching him strut his stuff in the JAR arena!!
            Haha that’s brilliant, reckon he’ll be quite a funny fella, Kev! ? I’m warming to him

17. Kev82 says:

I remember he scored against us before at the DW stadium, I was gravely hungover that morning lol but luckily we won 3-2 I think Thierry our hero as usual ? I still laugh at that name JAR arena ? some proper Samba at Arsenal now Edu Martinelli and big Dave ? Sue TS praising Pepe calling him an awesome player ??

Oh Tim’s buzzing for the season, Kev… I bet he’s got an Arsenal shirt on under what he’s wearing!! Haha!!
            Good old Thierry… used to say that a lot!!
            I loved that time when JB scored and that celebration when the whole team sat in a circle around him & he was pointing at them, making out he was the manager ?
            Every team needs a Brazilian, Kev ?

19. Kev82 says:

I think he was reenacting Phil brown ? haha spurs fans would have a meltdown ? unless his name is denilson Sue ?? I used to sing Thierry, Thierry Thierry Henry ??? so, when you having David Luiz printed on your shirt Sue and have you got a shirt yet ? ?

You used to… as in last week, you mean? ??
            Got the home one, no name though ?
            So have you booked your Stan/Raul/Josh/Unai tattoo sitting yet?! ?

21. Kev82 says:

Have you got the 3rd one yet ? I hear it’s coming out at Christmas ? hahaha no used to ? no they didn’t deliver me that upmacano fella or Coutinho we’ll see in January ?

Oooh I do like that kit, Kev… I may get one ?
            Oh you spoil sport ?? well I won’t let you forget that, once January is here! I bet you’d be the first gooner to have that tatt!!

23. Kev82 says:

Oh I’m not sure Sue there is some eccentric people out there ? I’m guessing your going for the blue kit ? I actually don’t like the yellow and that silly weird pattern on it ? well it’s past your bedtime Sue so before you nod off and dream about David Luiz’s hair I will bid you a goodnight ? goodnight Suzanne sleep well and magical dreams about Raul and Edu ? ?????

I think I’ll give that film a miss ? it’ll be like watching his Mum play the part!! Haha!!!

I love them all!!
          Well have a lush sleep, Kevin!
          What a day! What a window!
          Enjoy whatever you dream about – even if it is slicked back hair & fangs.. or even Steve Bruce ??
          Goodnight Kevin ??????

1. Kev82 says:

Haha Steve Bruce ? a bloody nightmare ? ? you watching the game Sue ? ?

Hell no!!! Eastenders is on
            .. then I have a date… with Chucky!!! ? I take it you are?!
            Norwich bore me & you know how I feel about the other lot!! Tomorrow & Sunday’s football will be much better!!!

3. Kev82 says:

Haha date night with buddi ? yeah wish I hadn’t bothered ? Ozil and kola not playing Sue ??? Is it because of that carjacking incident I don’t understand that was weeks ago ?

I’m gutted about that, Kev.. I don’t know what the hell it’s all about..are they helping with investigations? Or has something else happened? I wanted to see them on Sunday..what a pisser.
            Who will we line up with??

5. Kev82 says:

It’s ridiculous Sue you can easily tell it was 2 youths definitely 2 little dragged up teenagers! Man up and get back on the pitch! Monreal and Mkh will probably step in Sue ? Alisson came off injured ?

I feel really bad for them both.. I think if something like that happened to me, I’d be scared to leave my house ?
            Alisson came off? What was the injury? His eyes? From Klopp’s teeth?!!
            So now is Adrian on? Oh I so want to shout “ADRIAN” just like in the Rocky films hahaha!!!

7. Kev82 says:

Don’t blame you Sue those little thugs are relentless ? haha his groin I think he slipped ? haha yeah but pronounced differently ??? new Rambo coming out last blood ?

Who will play the part of John Rambo (not John Wick ?) Sylvester or his Mum?!!! ?

9. Kev82 says:

Jackie ? I thought she moved into Madame Tussauds ? so 4-1 then Liverpool actually looked a bit dodgy at the back but nothing will be said about that ?

Haha good one – they’d probably make her look better!!
            I’m just glad Norwich scored, as you know Liverpool never expect to concede… no doubt that’s all we’ll hear about for the next god knows how long – that they’re the greatest team… like ever!! ???

11. Kev82 says:

Did you read Keown tearing into Luiz already? You know what Sue I’m muting him from now on, not listening to his negativity this season or Merson! I would say to Keown he’s won a lot more than you have so your in no right to say he’s not good enough! I remember Keown being torn apart by Robbie Fowler 2 years in a row. Sue Norwich could have scored 2 or 3 quite easily ?

12. Kev82 says:

Sue I replied to this and it’s not shown up?? ???

13. Kev82 says:

Now it has ?

Urgh Robbie Fowler ? yes I saw that, Kev. Let’s hope he proves him wrong!! I was a bit like meh… but he’s here now & I back him..and I can’t wait to see the hair, those sweat bands & his celebration when he scores his first goal (preferably against Chelsea!) I keep seeing an ad on tv with him sliding across the pitch celebrating!! Come on!!!!!

15. Kev82 says:

It’s just a little bit annoying Sue Keown talks like he was one of the best defenders in the world good player but no Maldini in his dreams if he criticizes you then ok fair play but Luiz is a European cup winner with countless other medals Keown is jumping on the bt sport bandwagon! Ok he has his moments but he’s a quality player I’ve always liked him I’d have Luiz over slab head anyday of the week ?

I’ve always had a soft spot for him Kev… after Van Nistelrooy and that missed penalty ? I must admit, a lot of the time though I do switch off.. as he does talk tosh!!
            Well we’ll see how well slab head performs on Sunday!

17. Kev82 says:

Don’t get me wrong I always liked Keown Sue but he’s turning sour ? I heard Kieran Tierney won’t be back until after the international break ? Ah well you’ll be in for a treat when he comes back Sue that kid can play he has pace skill can score amazing goals and he’s tough little nut ? miles ahead of Kolasinac and Monreal ?

18. Kev82 says:

Slab head could get pulled apart ?

It’s a little disappointing, but I think he’ll be worth the wait! Still buzzing over that signing, Kev!
            He may well be miles ahead of Kolasinac on the pitch, but not in the looks department ?
            God I don’t know who I want to win out of United & Chelsea!! 0-0 bore draw?!
            Really want to see Grealish put in a motm performance tomorrow & top it off with a goal (or 4!!) Alli’s injured so at least I haven’t got to see that spaz!!

20. Kev82 says:

Haha Sue it’s a good job football isn’t a modelling contest ? although Tierney hasn’t got the experience of Robertson he’s definitely more talented and versatile he can play all across the back Right centre and left ? speaking of utd did you see Lingard in that new lynx ad ? That’s about his level cheap body spray ? can’t stand grealish but hope villa can at least get a draw ?

It’s great that we have him for 5 years & he’s only young.. love how we’re thinking of the future!
            No I haven’t seen that ad.. yet. It was bad enough seeing him in the coke ad.. nearly put me off it… he could open a can alright with that hooter ?
            Grealish is such a good player, but comes with arrogance, cockiness & very short socks ?

22. Kev82 says:

Let’s hope he doesn’t do a pepsi ad or you’ll have to find a new drink ? haha that is certainly a hooter ??? lol very short socks like that mcburnie kid for Swansea ? yes Sue our best left back since Cashley ? did you watch Chucky ?

Haha yeah, leave Pepsi alone!! ?
            ? hahaha!!
            Well my firestick was playing up so couldn’t search for it… but have just found it, but it’s late & I have work tomorrow…. so will have to watch it tomorrow ?

24. Kev82 says:

I have firestick too but prefer Apple TV can’t live without it ? haha ? well Sue it’s that time and you got work tomorrow so I will let you get to sleep.. Goodnight Sue sweet dreams and I don’t mean dreaming about Lingard ?? chat tomorrow Uncle Sue ????????

Haha sweet dreams indeed ?
            Uncle Sue ???
            Hope you slept well, Kev…and are looking forward to a brilliant day of football… it’s back!!! Yay!!!
            Laterz ???‍♀️??

24. Onu says:

Praise God
    Now I can now rest….

Bye bye Kolsainac
    You are a liability…….

Xhaka, Ozil , mustafi been the other liabilities

25. Raja Danish says:

zaha or everton soares to arsenal? possibility? iwbi gone to everton in 40 million pound

26. Raja Danish says:

*IWOBI

27. waal2waal says:

welcome to Arsenal Tierney – find you’re fitness, maintain it, be at your best and wear the shirt with pride

#COYG

28. sol says:

am Happy for the incoming…… MY WORRY is losing Iwobi without replacement.

1. Durand says:

Not to difficult to replace 3 goals and 7 assists in 51 appearances.

1. sol says:

Let it be dear Durand!

29. Will says:

Wondering what this means for our NET spend when we factor in players sales, sell on clauses and loan fee’s we’ve received vs our actual outlay this summer based on the installment agreements we have. Has anyone done the maths on this yet?

LATEST NEWS THAT LUIZ IS TILL COMING. bUT SURELY THE WINDOW CLOSES AT 5.PM AND NOW ITS 5.20. Anyone know how that delay IS allowed please?

1. Durand says:

Deal Sheet Jon, I saw myself and explained earlier in this thread.

Too much to retype, please excuse the lack of manners by not fully responding

Thanks Durand!

31. Mrcool says:

I am keenly waiting for luiz announcement.

32. Aj says:

Tierney’s first words after signing
    “Yeah, it was the hardest decision in my whole life that I’ve had to make,” he said. “I had to speak to my family and my close friends and my agent as well because it’s a hard decision to leave a club that you love so much.

“People need to know that as well. I feel Arsenal is a massive club and it’s a great opportunity for me as well.

“I’m delighted to be here.
    “When I was younger, it was always Celtic. The ambition was Celtic and that was my dream when I was younger. But when you get older… I’ve done that, I’ve made my dream, I’ve lived my dream and I’ve loved every single minute of it.

Welcome boy.

1. ozziegunner says:

?

33. Val says:

Welcome Tierney.

Luiz deal is probably all done and dusted around 2pm but because of those stupid videos they do, we just get all the info once that’s done.
    Just stand with a shirt like they did old school ???

34. Welbeck says:

Well we should thank Kev for making this all happen. Where are all the doubting Thomas’ now??

I like that he didn’t do the “I told you so” dance. ?

(It would probably resemble the truffle shuffle)

I love the truffle shuffle ?