Dan’s EPL Predictions – Can Arsenal bounce back against Man Utd?

Palace 2-0 Brighton
Zaha is finally delivering goals instead of complaining. If he thinks he’s been kicked around he won’t enjoy this fixture which has a reputation of being overly physical, often crossing the line. Both need to keep their discipline in a game I never understand is called a ‘derby’. Palace have more match winners.

Cardiff 0-2 West Ham
Having stayed tight most of the season, Cardiff have waited for the worst possible time to start leaking goals. They need to go back to basics and build from there? Being mostly a Championship squad, do they have the leaders to turn the tide?

Huddersfield 2- 1 Cherries
Eddie Howe will hardly be looking over his shoulder, but he will identify this as the ideal chance to get a morale boosting win. It was very unlike him to surrender possession to City, one of the first times I seen him sacrifice his principles. That suggests a lack of confidence, and it could be a case of if they can’t win this game, when will they win?

Leicester 3-0 Fulham
A lot of people will think Rodgers deserved to taste defeat the same weekend Celtic were winning in the cup.
What he didn’t deserve were people to break into his house, the latest example of football fans thinking they can behave differently in the world of football. The longer be has on the training field, the more he will teach his squad his philosophy. This is the ideal game to make his home debut.

Man City 1-0 Watford
Man City haven’t got enough credit for winning their last 2 games without playing well, which will please Pep more than winning 4-0. Injuries, particular to Fernandinho, could lead to another twist in the title race, he’s the one talent they haven’t got a replacement for. City though might prefer Watford not parking the bus. Going 4 points clear and putting maximum pressure on Liverpool is too big an incentive.

Newcastle 1-0 Everton
I don’t want to be that person, but for a club with lofty ambitions, Everton acted like a small club in their 0-0 draw with Liverpool. I can understand their fans enjoy putting a dent in their rival’s title hopes but the players shouldn’t be playing for a draw, not with the quality they have. The whole occasion affected their final ball and touch, while Silva acted like he had won the cup. It means nothing if they revert to type here.

Southampton 1-2 Spurs
Spurs are now catchable in the race for the top 4. The fixtures have been kind in that they play the day before the 4 sides below them. It would have been interesting if they were having to play catch up. The win in Dortmund might give them the confidence boost they need.

Sunday
Liverpool 3- 0 Burnley
By the time they kick off, Liverpool could be 4 points off the top, they had a chance to be 7 clear a month ago. What will worry Klopp is his front three are playing like the pressure is getting to them, the longer they draw a blank, the harder it will be to re-find their form. An early goal will be critical

Chelsea 1-1 Wolves
When Sarri needed them to, his Chelsea players have stepped up. They have one foot in the quarter finals of the Europa League and are in charge of their own destiny in the race for the top 4. They know Arsenal/ Man U will take points off each other, meaning they should be up for this. Wolves have a good record against the top 6 though.

Arsenal 2-2 Man United
I don’t worry about these types of games. At the Emirates, I’m confident we can beat anyone. I’m more concerned we will win here and then get complacent in upcoming away days. Unai Emery was tactically out thought when we met in the FA Cup, but is the type of manager who will have something else up his sleeve. I did think United are due for some bad luck and assumed that could be due to the amount of injuries they have. Then though they get that amazing win in Paris, and suddenly are coming to London buzzing with confidence.

Dan Smith

Dan, you said you’re not worried about Man United type of games, yet you predict it would be a draw

I also believe Arsenal players would be excited because of the prestige and the home turf, as what they tend to display from time to time

I’m more worried about the Wolves, Newcastle, Everton and Watford games, because the players usually look lazier and disinterested in these types of games

1. Dan says:

Yeah , I lost a bit of confidence yesterday lol

2. Gunnertz says:

The only positive thing is we’ve good home record this season so i believe emery’s megic will work against inform united… Yeah! THEY ARE INFORM but i still not get why AMN have not played in his natural position even when guenduez and torreira playing poor.. That lad is miles talented than them both

3. John Wick says:

Predicting an Arsenal result is like trying to predict the lotto lol I read man utd have Matic, Herrera and Martial back so it just got much tougher. Also read Ben Arfa predicted Rennes would beat Arsenal 3 or 4-1 it’s a sad state of affairs when a premier League flop who plays for a mediocre french team is predicting his team roll Arsenal over and get it right! That arrogance should be motivation to dump Rennes out but first we must perform on Sunday, I’m sick of utd coming to the Emirates and rolling us over its almost like a home game for them! Time this team stood up and played like men

And Lingard ? btw John.. Cobra Kai is back April 24th ?

1. Xxnofx says:

Love cobra Kai .
        Didn’t realise how funny he was .both kids love it too even know they didn’t see karate kid ,which was one of my favourites growing up .

It was one of my fav’s growing up too Dan!
          Cobra Kai is brilliant… not long to go… ?

1. Kenny Rolfe says:

Can’t believe it Sue, Riley’s appointed one of the worst officials in the Premier League for Sunday’s game against the Manc’s. Manchester official Jonathon Moss is doing the game, he’s out of condition and will not be able to keep up with play. He’s worst than Dean or Taylor. This is Mike Riley’s decision to appoint a ref who literally comes from the heart of Manchester. How bias can you get?

He also has a thing for sending Xhaka off Kenny! I will be absolutely amazed if there isn’t a red card in that game!
              I did wonder if he’d be able to keep up! There’s so much riding on it Kenny…. what’s the betting we’re going to see yet more costly errors??!

2. John Wick says:

Thanks for making my day Sue ? happy days I’ll looking forward to that John Kreese is back ?

Sorry John ☺?
          it’s going to be good – binge watch incoming hey?! I did the last season in one go!

1. John Wick says:

Well if he’s playing he’s definitely going to score Wayne Rooney the 2nd ? yeah Sue they aren’t on very long like 20 minutes lol hope they bring Terry silver back ?

It looks gooooood! I can’t wait ?

1. John Wick says:

Sue do you remember the Robbie Fowler days he could blink at the ball and it would end in a goal against Arsenal the same with Drogba ? I watched a messed up film the other day Splice I was actually nauseous watching it ?

I cannot stand him… that hat trick against us ? there’s a fair few that always score against us ?
                  It’s very weird.. I don’t like Adrian Brody… messed up when they both slept with that creature… what the hell hey?!! Who comes up with these films ?

1. John Wick says:

The woman didn’t she was violated ?
                    crazy people with warped minds ?back to back anfield hat tricks only the 2nd one took longer to score ? too right Sue it’s very annoying ?

Oh ok then that told me ? he used to really pi*s me off… with that stupid strip on his nose & then when he celebrated by snorting the white line… sheesh!!

3. John Wick says:

Winding Everton fans up ? he was pretty fair in the game at Highbury told the ref it wasn’t a pen even missed it, but McAteer scored the rebound.. not next year though if a player misses a pen it goes straight to a goal kick ? watching Norwich v Swansea awful game ?

Didn’t like McAteer either ? is there a Liverpool player I actually liked?! ?
                    Oh jeez that’s desperate watching that ain’t it John?! Who will come up from the championship I wonder…..

5. John Wick says:

Guy scored a wonder goal for Norwich haha. Oh I think Leeds and Norwich and whoever wins the playoff ? oh god they used to beat us for fun Sue I remember McManaman scoring at Highbury I was so frustrated I was almost in tears ? yeah I’m gonna binge on Supernatural tonight ?

They used to beat us for fun….. used? Haha ?
                    Whoever wins the play off ? see you’ve taken a funny pill tonight ? on form tonight John ?
                    How many episodes will you binge?

7. John Wick says:

Haha well they haven’t beat us for 2 seasons at the Emirates ? I’m always on form Sue ? was watching Bergkamp clips what a player absolutely loved that man, my favourite player of all time that goal against Newcastle, Leicester Sunderland, Argentina ? 5 or 6 Sue ? have you ever seen Deceived it’s an old film John heard, Goldie Hawn good film ?

He was awesome… my sister used to fancy him ? was he beavis or butthead?
                    No not seen that film John ? haha…
                    Jeez you’ll be up most of the night ? I’m going to watch the descent

9. John Wick says:

Beavis haha ? she an arsenal fan too then Sue ? shocking ? I think you would enjoy it ? that cave film haven’t you seen that ? Haha no supernatural isn’t very scary at all there’s comedy thrown in there too ?

No she’s West Ham like my Mum & nephew! My Mum was born round there so they were brainwashed ? not me though haha!!
                    I’ll see if it’s on Prime & maybe have a look (over the weekend hehe!)
                    Yes I’ve seen both – really like them, even though they make me feel claustrophobic ?
                    Supernatural has a bit of everything then!

11. John Wick says:

Haha so you just chose your own team Sue ? doubt it’ll be on Amazon as it like 1990 or something it’s a really good thriller ? the vanishing does that for me when Kiefer Sutherland is buried alive ? I only started watching it when my old man mentioned it to me one day and I said I wouldn’t watch that crap then watched one episode one night and thought Jesus this is good and the rest is history as they say lol

I’ve got Ian Wright to thank for that ? you’d be surprised what’s on there…teen wolf came on the other day ?
                    Also that Ryan Reynolds film Buried…it’s tense!
                    Bet you’re glad your Dad did say that then
                    .. hope you don’t mind me mentioning him

13. John Wick says:

Was he your favourite player or something Sue ? ? Seen that Ryan Reynolds film that was intense all he had was his little blackberry phone ? “nobody would pay that for me” haha. Michael J fox ? ? Too right I love it ? no not at all Sue he would have been 60 in June gone too soon.

He sure was… he was brilliant & so funny! What a legend!
                    Yes Michael J Fox ?
                    Jeez that was young ?
                    Right John, have to be up at 6.. my weekend to work. That’s too early for me ? love my bed & never want to get up ?? enjoy your Supernatural binge… you’ll know it word perfect for sure!! I bet you even act some of it out ?? Goodnight AA ?

15. John Wick says:

God I’m not that bad ? Ian Wrighty loved when he burst the ball in a tackle with schmeichel lol. No he was 56 when he died. That is early Sue ? haha who does ? alrighty Sue enjoy your work, don’t work too hard ? Goodnight ?

4. Jah son says:

I am not one to have a go at our players. But if Emery really knows what he is doing why does iwobi get a season pass without competition. Is he that good. Alex gets more gametime than any of our attacking players and his return his well we all know. Am absolutely not knocking the player just questioning the managers naivety.

1. Martin says:

Why! Why!! Why?!!!

2. RSH says:

iwobi is the only reason we still have a chance in Europa League.

3. Gizzle says:

sorry who do you replace him with .I would like to see the academy players given a chance i am tired of this so called they are not ready slogan. Iwobi is played with a dead leg during the tottenham game . he needs a rest

5. Jah son says:

In a squad of over thirty players Unai Emery has only one left winger with two transfer windows under his belt
    And we all blame Wenger while Suarez enjoys holidays in London and we just might sign him up permanent in the summer.

1. John Wick says:

We should send Suarez back to Barcelona and sign another Suarez from Barcelona ?

His teeth alone would cost 40m ?

1. John Wick says:

His teeth would be more effective than Aubameyang ?

2. Mobella says:

Suarez situation is the most awkward. If I have any say in our transfer I will never ever let Emery get player he wants. I will just ask him for the specific skill sets he want and let the technical team get the player for him. This is a man that told us we need a player that can help us on the wing and spent the whole January chasing Suarez when altetico was looking for a club to take Gel Matins on loan. He has scored more than 4 goals for Monaco while Suarez isn’t fit enough to get a game time. No proper scouting of the player he just picked him base on whims because he had played with him before.

1. John Wick says:

Apparently Monchi is gonna be our next Tech Director he works well with Emery so maybe he will find a few gems

6. S says:

Arsenal NIL
    Manchester United… (Guess the score)

There’s no way in hell a bad night in France gets over a good night in France

1. RSH says:

we wont go goaless, but it is bleak after that display on thursday. Only saving grace is we have an easier schedule than our rivals after this match. \

The way things are going RSH.. I don’t think any of our games will be easy! You know how we like to shoot ourselves in the foot!!

7. Mobella says:

As a Nigerian I love Iwobi but he really needs to work on his final ball. 4 goals and 4 assists in 36 games in all competitions is poor. 3 goals and 4 assists in 27 epl games and 1 goal in el and no goal or assists in 3 domestic cup games. Nobody will remember his take on or attacking play if he doesn’t get goal and assists stat. He needs to learn how to shot for goal and make assist.

1. Mobella says:

PEA — 18 goals and 4 assist in 36 games. Laca — 14 goals and 6 assists in 34 games. Miki — 6 goals and 4 assists in 27 games all goals and assists in 18 epl games

They could have had so many more!!

1. ozziegunner says:

You’re not wrong Sue! Aubameyang should be out of sight in the golden boot, with Lacazette not far behind. Their profligacy has cost Arsenal points.
          As far as ex Liverpool players are concerned I am a big fan of Craig Johnston, who grew up near me and attended the same primary school as my children. After playing for Lake Macquarie FC, he went to England to trial with Middlesborough in 1977. In1981 after 64 games and 16 goals he transferred to Liverpool FC. He played 271 games and scored 40 goals, winning 5 league titles and 1 FA Cup, before his premature retitement in 1988. He returned to Australia to give full time care to his very ill sister. As a businessman he has done very well after designing the prototype for Adidis’ “predator” football boot. His autobiography “I walk alone” is a good read.

Too right Ozzie… but now he’s trailing (& level with Kane!)
            That guy (Johnston) has done alright for himself then!
            Good to see you back on here btw.. how’s the hip doing?

2. Mobella says:

Ozil — 5 goals and 2 assists in 22 games. 4 goals and 2 assists in 17 epl games. Those are first best 5 players in terms of goals and assists this season.

1. Jah son says:

Your on the wrong site with all your statistics. And you guys will even be more lonely if we lose on Sunday.

1. Admin says:

What on earth does this comment mean?

1. Jah son says:

Talking about the people who goes missing whenever Emery tinkering doesn’t work out. Only Got no Idea from the bunch I see trying to justify the cause. The people who say statistics are irrelevant because they have two eyes.

It is me who says that stats are not all you think. I did not say, as your lie mis – says, that stats are irrelevant! They are merely a guide and any less hasty overreactionary , childish, person than you knows that full well. I realise that real truth is not of interest to you and that is why I correctly attack your regular and stupid- I use that word “stupid” correctly – comments!

8. ozziegunner says:

Admin, I’m with you. Arsenal supporter through good times and bad, Jah son.