What a time to be alive! By Galen Sona.
There have been loads of talk with Arsenal fans on Twitter ranting about some of our players not being calledup for the internationals. Truth be told, I hate the internationals, and this is a wonderful time to be alive! Remember the times our entire 23 man squad would all be called up on international break, then about 8 of them would return with injuries and knocks and our team would have to suffer?I am so excited about the fact that it is no longer the case and our players should be getting a good rest.
Fans are complaining that players are not getting called? Really, for Arsenal, this is fantastic news.
1) Petr Cech, Not called on international duty due to his retirement. Great news! Spend sometime with your wife and kids.
2) Nacho Monreal. Mr Consistency wasn’t called as Spain are flooded with good full backs.
3) Bellerin. Am surprised he wasn’t called but am not complaining. Have a good rest son.
4) Coquelin. He is yet to have a senior cap but I am not complaining either.
5) Cazorla. The magician himself. At the age of 31 this will do him a lot of good. Stay at home and rest.
6) Wilshere. He must be dissapointed, but I am so happy. England is one of the reasons he got injured in the first place and since then his career has gone down the drain. He will get better and I hope he stays injury free. Have you noticed he doesn’t spend so much time on the ball, he is passing it quicker. That will save your career son.
7) Ox. Also has the nasty habit of getting injured on international duty. Let him stay back on the training ground and learn how to help the leftback when we don’t have possession. Some tactical training for you son.
8) Ramsey. Was injured and should be back after the internationals.
9) Lucas Perez. Not a Spanish international. Use your time to get up to speed with London and knowing your new team mates. Luckily for him he has 3 amigos already – Hector, Santi and Nacho – who are all going to help him settle down quickly.
10) Gibbs. wasn’t called for the internationals. He is a good fullback and you will hardly find a better second choice than him.
All in all am so happy. I would much rather have them train at London Colney than travel across the continent playing stupid international games!
I hope Wenger gives them a few days off, then some good training to get ready for Southampton.
Have a great week everyone.
By Galen Sona.