Arsenal should bring in one of the following players at Aaron Ramsey’s expense
Let’s face it, Aaron Ramsey isn’t happy with the terms that he’s currently being offered by Arsenal, well at least that’s what it looks like, one could be pardoned for thinking that way, after all, why would his contract negotiations drag on for this long if the manager made it particularly clear that the player is central to his plans?
Like I said, it’s just a thought, quite logical one actually- you don’t have to roast me for it. My point is, there is no doubting Aaron Ramsey’s ability and potential, the man can pop up in any game at any time, (usually crucial times) he’s a team player, not only by virtue of the threat he possesses going forward coupled with what I’d rate as good finishing skills, he also contributes defensively, pressing, chasing back and recovering balls, after all, his lungs have the capacity to accommodate all those tasks. Whether Ramsey decides to extend or leave remains a mystery to all of us, but should he decide that his journey at the emirates has come to an end, here are some players that I thought would be a perfect replacement or great deal for him should we raise the money.
1. Sergej Milinkovic Savic – Lazio. (40 million pounds + Aaron Ramsey ) Okay, hold up, I might sound outrageous here but if Lazio are going to sell, we would have to make a tempting offer and this one would definitely get their attention. Sergej is young, has great aerial ability and vision, good on the ball and has massive potential, he has an eye for goal too and like Ramsey, can hit them from afar, he’ll definitely be a coup should this deal ever happen, Lazio were said to be interested in the player during this transfer window.
2. Kalidou Koulibally – Napoli. ( 30 million pounds + Aaron Ramsey) Again, Koulibally is another player that won’t come easy, but after losing Jorghinho, Lazio may think about parting ways with their star defender through the player plus cash swap deal, it is after all a great deal for both clubs, but perhaps more for Arsenal who are in dire need of a solid, quality CB, some people might think it will weaken them, but if they have a solid backline, I think Aaron Ramsey won’t be missed at all, it is his goals that have made him a fan favorite at the club after all and if he leaves while we’re still a leaky team, it will be disastrous, my fellow Arsenal fans.
3. Thomas Lemar – AS Monaco ( 30 million pounds plus Aaron Ramsey) Flair and technically gifted, the composed winger uses his excellent balance and spatial awareness to outmaneuver his opponents and would be a big threat down arsenal’s left hand side because he has the intelligence, vision and eye for goal to succeed at Arsenal. At Arsenal, he’ll have the manager, players and current sense of optimism around him to help him grow as a player, plus if the wages are right, Ramsey might just consider since Monaco are playing champions league football, and with no doubt, Lemar would like the chance of playing in the premier league. As Monaco lost a crucial player in Fabinho who transferred to Liverpool and although Ramsey isn’t exactly a defensive midfielder, but his ability to dominate the midfield would be a chance too good to pass for the ligue 1 club.
4. Leon Goretzka – Bayern Munich (Season loan to Arsenal = Aaron Ramsey plus 25 million on a permanent deal next season) Simple, Goretzka comes on loan, Ramsey goes the other way, with an option of making the deal permanent with an additional 25 million pounds next season. Bayern are trying to build a champions league winning squad, and Ramsey is definitely a fighter so he’ll be a great addition to the squad. The fact that Bayern are in the champions league will be an even greater motive to convince the player over a possible move, whereas for Goretzka, a chance to play regular first team football and make a name for himself in the globally popular English premier league. If you have been watching him as he develops, you’d know what I’m trying to say.
5. Jose Maria Gimenez – Atletico de Madrid (30 million pounds plus Aaron Ramsey) So they already have Saul, Koke and co, but Atleti are trying to build a winning team capable of competing with Europe’s best and this would certainly be a deal worth considering for them, Ramsey will slot in perfectly, so will Gimenez after having already played more than 100 games for club and country, he isn’t just another youngster with a bright future, he is already among one of the best young center backs alongside Real Madrid’s Rafael Varane and Psg’s Marquinhos.
I for one really hopes that Ramsey decides to extend with us at Arsenal, but football is just another side of business and business means opportunities, both for the players and the club and when either one of them or they both feel that their interests are better served by another party, they usually part ways, it just operates at another level of professionalism that we can’t see it as the general/default point of view. My Name is Ophney Thiago Nakambale, An Arsenal fan and student at the university of Namibia, and those were my thoughts.