Okay Arsenal fans, we are still waiting for that victory for Arsenal over a Jose Mourinho side and the 0-0 draw yesterday finally put an end to our fading hopes of an unlikely Premier League trophy win this season. But Arsene Wenger and the players are not and are right not to be too downcast, as we have done a lot better against the big clubs this season and but for a slow start, we could have pushed Chelsea all the way. So what have Arsenal learned from this latest clash with the Blue bus and from the season as a whole?
1. Arsenal have the quality to compete with the big boys and now the players have the belief that we can beat anyone, while the boss is happy to adapt his tactics after years of stubbornly sticking with his attacking ideal. Now we can mix the two styles and the more we do, the better the team will be at it.
2. Arsenal must sort out the injury issue because it has been dogging the club for years and has definitely derailed our title challenge in the last two seasons. A fully fit Gunners squad has the strength as well as the quality to compete with all of our Premier League rivals.
3. You need luck as well as ability to win the title. You could say that Mourinho got lucky as all the rest of the big clubs were poor, but his Chelsea were in the right place at the right time to take advantage, while their injury problems have been almost non-existent. Tight games and key decisions can also have a huge effect over the season. With a bit of luck we could have won yesterday but then so could Chelsea with a different referee.
4. Wenger has still got his touch in the transfer market, as recent signings Ozil, Monreal, Mertesacker and more have come good after shaky starts, while Alexis Sanchez has been our star of the season. I also think he bought well and strengthened the squad with the signings of Welbeck and Chambers. Another few good signings this summer should see us ready for anything.
5. Chelsea and Mourinho have no class. Well we knew that already but taunting Arsenal fans and Wenger after playing for a draw just reminds us all. Is it boring to play good football Jose, just because it does not win you the title? No, frustrating for us fans maybe but not boring.