Gabriel is living the dream and can’t wait to partner Saliba

Arsenal have secured our fifth signing of the summer with confirmation that Dani Ceballos is returning to the Emirates for another year.

He joins Gabriel Magalhaes, Willian, Mari and Cedric in Mikel Arteta’s overhaul of the Arsenal squad, and of course William Saliba who joins us after a month back on loan athis boyhood club. This is excellent news and it is worth trying to get the bet365 bonus to get great odds on us returning to the Top Four this season. Our chances have increased dramatically under Arteta, and if he also adds either Aouar or Partey (or both!), the revolution will be complete.

Our biggest changes have come to the defence, with Mari, Gabriel and Saliba coming in to revitalise a badly failing defence that was leaking goals with alarming regularity last season. Gabriel really did say that arriving at Arsenal was like ‘living a dream’:

“It is a dream,” Gabriel told Arsenal.com. “I’m living a dream right now, to play for this club with such a massive history and all its achievements.

“Everything there is to achieve and I am very happy to be here. It hasn’t really sunk in yet, but I am glad to be here and I can’t wait to play with my new teammates.”

But the partnership most Gooners will be waiting to see is Gabriel alongside Saliba in defence. If those two click we could have a solid defensive pairing for the next decade. Gabriel himself has made it clear that he can’t wait to join up with his countryman. “I know [Saliba] is a talented young player and if he is joining Arsenal it is because of his quality.” he said.

“We have a few friends in common and I did play against him before. He is a great player and I am sure we will get along very well.”

I don’t expect Arteta to throw them in at the deepend as soonas the season starts, and I can only imagine them starting together in a back 3 with Maybe Luiz or Mari in the middle to giude them, but I am sure by the second half of the season we will know if we have got a good deal or not.

Of course, we also still have Holding, Chambers and Mustafi as cover for the centre of defence, but it remains to be seen how many of them are left at the close of the transfer window.

We are certainly doing excellent with our purchases, but isn’t it about time we saw some players leave?

1. BaaH says:

They would, wth time.

2. Goonerboy says:

Players with their deception…
    On a lighter note,going by what was reported, he almost chose Napoli and then United before doing a U-turn back to Arsenal, he would have said the same thing had he joined the aforementioned clubs, anyways, he is ours now and I wish him all the best in our colours.

That said, I think both Gabriel and Saliba have to be eased in to avoid fans’ backlash after a mistake or two as i have already seen comments where Saliba is likened to Mustafi.
    If we are using a back three, would rather have Mustafi ,Luiz and Gabriel to be honest,Gabriel is older and a left footer too, Saliba has to be eased in

I slightly differ though do not totally disagree – a distinct difference between those two positions – BECAUSE I think most of us fans will be so glad to have two young and highly rated CB’s in, AT LONG LAST , that I suspect most of us will be forgiving of any mistakes they make.

Anyway, ALL C’Bs make mistakes at times and what MATTERS IS how many times though. Top rate players, which I believe both certainly ARE, do not make many mistakes. That is why they are top players. No more MUSTAFIS, SOKRATIS’S and constant clown like mistakes

3. PIRES says:

they will form a great partenership….Happy that we’r solving problems…

1. PIRES says:

with tierny we have a very good defense similaire to liverpool’s.

We certainly DO need to get some of our too many CB’S to leave this window.

5. Les says:

The older CBs should peacefully leave, but retain Aubemeyoung and Alex by all means.

6. Les says:

David Luis coul form a powerful defensive midfield with Xhaka.

7. ken1945 says:

I don’t know about Gabriel living the dream…. I think we Gooners are living the dream!!!
    Just get Auba signed up, Partey and/or Aouar confirmed and the nightmare of the last three years will be put to bed!!!!