Well the Just Arsenal News poll on whether Wenger should leave Arsenal by the end of this season has been running for 24 hours now and the results are very clear right now.
Out of 620 voters there has been a massive majority of 501 (81%) in favour of Wenger leaving the club, while only 119 (19%) think he should be allowed to respect his contract. That is a massive majority, and if this reflects the whole of the Arsenal fanbase then it is a searing indictment of Arsene Wenger’s popularity.
The poll that Jon Fox was talking about was by the Arsenal Supporters Trust, and this was reported three weeks ago..
The Arsenal Supporters Trust (AST) conducted a survey ahead of its annual general meeting on Monday, asking members whether Wenger should see out the final year of his contract and stay on until next summer.
It said 88 percent of those who responded said the board should end his contract after this season, with only seven percent in favour of him staying in charge.
The organisation did not say how many of its around 2,500 members took part in the survey, but the results will be presented to Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis this week.
AST, which has long been critical of Wenger, conducted a similar survey last year, when 78 percent of its members said he should not be given a new deal.
That last line should be a warning to everybody that the Arsenal Board do NOT listen to fans when it comes to making decisions about Wenger’s contract. So I think the only way to really let them know how you feel about it is by simply not attending the games. It will be interesting to see how many seats are empty next Sunday when Arsenal play Stoke at the Emirates….