Josh Kroenke speaks out about Arsenal’s reality – Let’s be honest?

The son of the Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke is over in London conducting a review of the way the club is run with a view to making improvements, and Josgh’s arrival couldn’t have come at a worse time for Arsene Wenger. The Gunners have lost to Ostersunds at home, been embarrassed by Man City twice and then lost to a newly-promoted team to end a run of 34 games without defeat.

Things can only get worse on Thursday when Arsenal travel to Milan with only Danny Welbeck as striker, and now Josh Kroenke has spoken publicly about the need for Arsenal to be honest about the situation. ‘We have a saying over at Arsenal, victory through harmony.” Kroenke said.

‘I think that victory through harmony can take a lot of different meanings, but for me victory through harmony comes from communication.

‘You got to have open and honest dialogue about the reality that we are on because if we are sugar coating anything about ourselves, about our team, about our direction, we’re only kidding ourselves and we’re only going to be worse off for it in the long run.’

If we are going to be honest about the team, we have to admit they are rubbish. Our only direction is down at the moment. We will not make the Champions League, we will not win any trophies and we will be lucky to get back into the Europa next season, which is the level we have dropped to now. The reality is that something needs to be done right now to stop the rot, and I think Kroenke knows that too, unless he is kidding himself!

Darren N

Good if Kroenke family can assess the situation. This could mean the end of Wenger’s reign at the end of this season, if he cannot get us the Europa League trophy

But don’t be pessimistic about Welbeck as our main striker. His teacher was the king of Old Trafford: youtube.com/watch?v=iD_5M_1YAfI

And I believe a 4-4-1-1 tactic ala Leicester City/ Atletico Madrid would work with our limited players, as long as they play more direct and there is a hardworking attacking midfielder behind Welbeck (like Okazaki/ Griezmann, not lazy one like Ozil):

……………….Ospina
    Bellerin . Koscielny . Mustafi . Kolasinac
    Niles . Xhaka . Wilshere . Mkhitaryan
    ………………Ramsey
    ………………Welbeck

1. Jan says:

You got to be joking..right?

Am not, coz our players are more physical than technical

If Arsenal can use their stamina and runs to disrupt AC Milan players, we can capitalize from AC Milan mistakes

The energy of players like Welbeck, Ramsey, Niles, Bellerin, Kolasinac and Mustafi are wasted in Wenger’s tiki taka

1. GunnerJack says:

GotNoIdea: “our players are more physical than technical”. Do you mean the pampered bunch of piccadilly tarts we call a team are . . . PHYSICAL!!?? Best joke I’ve heard for ages. Wenger specifically targets those with TECHNICAL ABILITY! This bunch would be bullied by the local ladies darts team!

1. John Ibrahim says:

concur….our players have great technical ability…but pretty soft

we need abit of aggression….

“we cant win we break some legs”

Viera, Keown, Bergkamp would have done that

1. GunnerJack says:

To paraphrase: Arsenal – the team that stings like a butterfly and floats like a bee (carrying very heavy shopping).

1. Ozziegunner@Newcastle upon Hunter says:

If “our players are more physical than technical” then Arsenal are in big trouble! This current team is the most physically weak pack of pussies of have seen represent Arsenal. They need to rediscover some “mongrel” competive attitude very quickly.
                Nketiah deserves a chance up front. How’s Belik going on loan?

More physical than technical? What sort of joke comment is that? Where have you been hiding all these years? Under the same stone that Wenger should now crawl back under , perhaps?

3. Jan says:

Not sure about that really…only thing Welbs can (i hope im wrong) do with his energy and running around the box is to disrupt his own team mates.Facing organised defence where players know what they are doing he can do s##t.

2. Mobella says:

The guy got no ideal. Are we Leicester city. When his line up get whip on Thursday, he will be first here to crucify Wenger. We all want the man to go but you are suggesting he uses ur formation and line up you are more egoistic than him.

2. Jan says:

“But don’t be pessimistic about Welbeck as our main striker. ”
      LOL

1. GunnerJack says:

If I remember rightly even Wenger didn’t want him!

1. Nay Sayer says:

Yeah, it was an error, and a gift that keeps on giving.
          To our rivals, of course.

2. AndersS says:

I think the lack of statements about trust in Wenger etc. from owners, board, management and even players is very telling.
    I am praying it is confirmation, that we can finally get a new manager and stop the craziness.

3. chris says:

Goodness knows how long it will take to rebuild after the Wenger mess is taken over by someone else.

4. Save Our Souls AC Milan!!! Do not hold back but strike us with the mighty Sword of Truth and expose the decrepit imposter masquerading as a professional coach within our beloved club. What a glorious sight it will be to behold, the senile warm squirming under the bright, burning light of consequence! The consequence of years of mismanagement and outright negligence! We may break the chains of mediocrity as soon as tomorrow if all goes well and judging by Milan’s recent form, it is all very likely! 5-1 to Milan!

Stop this, we need to let Monsieur Wenger to leave with dignity (a major European trophy under his armpit)

1. Adrian says:

I beg to differ, if he gets that he will never leave

1. Hayden says:

I second, he wins it and its back to wenger knows best

1. Ray says:

True!

I hate to see Arsenal lose but these guys are right!

It has to hit “rock bottom” for this old blithering idiot to ousted!

1. andcliff says:

I used to hate Arsenal losing but now I’m just numb waiting for him to go so I can get my life back again.

2. @Gotanidea
        He can leave with a bag of dirt for all I care! Did Wenger care about us when he destabilised the team with his contract situation last season? No he did not care about us! He watched the team collapse as he dragged on the drama for as long as he could and forced out a fat new 9M a year contract for himself. I couldn’t care less how he leaves, the cancerous parasite has gotten enough out of the club time to go!

Exactly Quantic Dream…. nicely put

1. GunnerJack says:

Seconded!

1. Tdg1944 says:

Thirded!

Utter nonsense my deluded friend! Wenger has no dignity left to lose. He has damaged our club immensely; so much in fact that the new man will have an empty larder and nothing much left to work with. He has not digified himself and nor must we, not that we could anyway as he is now so universally loathed by almost all Gooners. Though you and the very, very FEW like you still don’t get it, we all want him out this moment!

5. barryglik says:

If Arsenal do win the Europa league
    achieving Champion’s league
    should the Arsenal board
    1. Give him a ten year extension?
    2. Ask him to step down and become the clubs
    elder statesman like Bobby Charlton at United?
    3. Make him stay till Danny Wellbeck scores 50 goals a season?

1. GunnerJack says:

3. Welbeck 50 goals – ha!ha!ha! no one lives that long . . . unless Wenger’s middle name is Methusaleh. Maybe you got it the wrong way round, perhaps he can score 05 per season. But I wouldn’t bank on it!

1. andcliff says:

One more would be good!

2. Ray says:

what do you think barryglik?

1. barryglik says:

If the team wins the Europa league
        ideally Wenger would leave
        on a high and then step down
        opening the way for a new era to begin.
        Then he should be appointed the role of clubs elder statesman.
        But the old buzzard would probably believe he has his mojo back
        and want another season to try and win the League.
        Watching these last days unfold is intriguing.
        May be AC Milan will make the decision easy by beating us in this tie.
        However I would not count out Arsenal just yet.
        The Wenger exit story could go down to the last
        day of the season…and beyond.

1. Alkali says:

He ain’t leaving if he wins the europa

2. Ray says:

Yeah, I’m not sure he should be appointed to anything other that janitor right now.

Look, I have had full respect for him over the years but I just cannot understand how he has taken the club so far back in reverse and yet, he still fails to see the damage he is doing?!

If he had any care or compassion he would announce he is leaving VERY SOON!

6. John0711 says:

Tbh I think it’s very dark days for the club. I believe the board will move wenger upstairs this summer but the club needs either a top manager who spend day 100m on 3 players and gets the rest to perform better or a top Manager to completely overhaul the squad but that will take 300m
    I don’t believe the club are willing to spend either , so I think it will be a up and coming manger who will eventually fail. The club needs the board to man up or go with wenger

7. andcliff says:

Josh Kroenke says we should be honest about ourselves and not ‘sugar coat’ our feelings, so here goes.

The team is rubbish, the manager is rubbish, Bouldy is rubbish, the coaching is rubbish, the board are rubbish. What has happened to our great club it’s like Alice in effing Wonderland and guess who’s the Mad Hatter? The new manager will need God on his side to get us out of this mess. He could start by getting rid of most of the team and start afresh. I read a report today that said the reason they are playing so badly is that some of the team resent the wages of Ozil, Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan. If that’s true it’s pathetic considering that they are earning between £4.5m – £7.5m a year, more than most of us will earn in 3 lifetimes. Pampered bunch of mediocrities!!

1. GunnerJack says:

You got that right:)

1. Ray says:

That’s rubbish!

1. andcliff says:

Why?

1. Ray says:

I was being showing some humour mate! You said “rubbish” so much I had to repeat it!

2. andcliff says:

I would like to add that there are only five players I would keep, Ozil, Mkhitarayan, Aubamayang, Ramsey and Lacazette.

I read Ramsey is stalling on a new contract….. I wonder why! Either fed up with how crap we are…. and going nowhere….. or wants more cash

1. Alkali says:

Let him not let the door hot him on the way out.

8. Chukwuma says:

In your opinions, Wenger might not deserve the Europa league title but the fans do and that’s why we need to support the team to win, not for the manager but for us; the fans. I’m fully behind my team

9. Opio jatex says:

Do u think we can win it.Wenger is owning something in the club if not,its the club shareholders to be blame but not wenger cz the coach and is not permanent.