No big surprises as Arsenal name travelling squad for Europa League final

Arsenal will face off against Chelsea Wednesday evening in Baku, Azerbaijan, as they seek their first European success since 1994 and they have officially named the players that they hope will bring the Europa League trophy back to North London.

The squad will be reduced to 23 men about 75 minutes before kick off so in reality just one player will be omitted from this list.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Joe Willock
Granit Xhaka
Danny Welbeck
Bukayo Saka
Xavier Amaechi
Deyan Iliev

No real surprises then, we already knew that the long term injured of Rob Holding, Aaron Ramsey and Hector Bellerin would not be included and of course, no Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

There is not too much to say at this time about the squad, though it is nice to see a few of the youngsters included even if they are unlikely to get anywhere near a game. The experience of being part of the squad will serve them well which can only be regarded as a positive.

It is also good to see Danny Welbeck on the list, he may well be leaving us and not be match fit but if we have to throw on a forward as a final role of the dice he would definitely be a good option to consider.

All in all I am satisfied with the squad and am confident that we have the players to bring us glory Wednesday night.

1. Pat says:

Happy to see the whole squad, except for Mhki. Arsenal Football Club MY CHOICE. THE PLAYERS I SUPPORT are my choices, MY MONEY, MY TIME, MY MIND, MY EMOTIONS, MY SENSES, MY ENERGY, MY REASONING. Let no one question me about my support for a particular player, or players. I AM FREE TO EXPRESS MYSELF WITHOUT FEAR. So should everyone without the fear of those who do not see things the way you see it, there is no need for anyone to bully others into see things their way. I PRAY WE WIN THE EUROPA LEAGUE!!!!!!

1. Gogo says:

Thanks Pat for your boldness to stand for our beloved club and players. Thanks also for all your informative and educative posts and comment this past season. I join you today and every other days to stand with ARSENAL.

BRING THE EUROPA LEAGUE TO THE EMIRATES
      BRING IT HOME LADS

I agree, Gogo.. Pat”s a good girl, even though I want to call her “young man” (remember, Pat?! ?)

2. Pat says:

Thanks Gogo ?

Nice one Pat, although that will probably fall on deaf ears!! But I totally agree with you! And yes, let’s leave Baku as winners!! COYG
      Hope you’re doing just fine, btw ?

1. Pat says:

Thank you sue, am tired of people bashing others because of their preferences. It’s a free world and no one need to feel the pressure to support or not support someone else’s opinion. Sue we are holding up great. Pat will like to go to Spain but trust me to not let him go????. Baku is a no no. Am not sure how many of our supporters will be there. Hope yours are doing fine as well. ❤️

1. Pat says:

Sue I pray we win so that Welbeck can get a parting gift ?.

1. Pat says:

Sue how will you feel if the northerns do it? You know I have mixed emotions, I have a twin brothers. One supports Liverpool the other Chelsea. I support Arsenal and my hubby supports Tottenham, I will like Liverpool to win the championships league, Arsenal wins Europa, but one of the brothers and pat will not let me do that????. So I secretly want Liverpool to do it, and openly support Arsenal of course. And then I thought what if my home has two trophies????? So I have given up on everyone and just stick with my beloved ARSENAL.

Pat shouldn’t be out of your sight, let alone the country!! ?
            Yeah that would be nice for Welbz, leaving as a winner!! Come on!!!
            Do you know what, Pat.. I cannot stand the spuds or scousers… but am going to have to go with the scousers ( now that breaks my heart!) Jeez I bet that is rather amusing in your family, a lot of bragging, mickey taking going on!! It could be a NLD super cup! You never know, hey… and what’s the betting half way through it, your waters break!!!

3. Pat says:

???? Sue I will like that, to scare the hell out of Patric!!!!!! Oh my God, Sue am glad there is some football. Everything has been very boring. And I promise to send you a picture of the babies.

Oh I know, I’m at such a loose end without football… at least the play offs are on today/tomorrow!
            Thank you, Pat… can’t wait to see them ❤

I heard Welbeck got a hattrick in the warm-up match. Sad to see a pleasant-looking player like him leave and I’m sure he has learned a lot from Aubameyang/ Lacazette, but we cannot afford highly paid injury-prone players

The good thing about Mustafi is he rarely gets injured and his physicalities are top notch, apart from his height as a CB. I’m sure Arsenal have learned from Denis Suarez’s loan and would be more careful in the next acquisitions

Ozil would have the key role as he would most likely start as the CAM

Ha I wonder how many of them ricocheted in off him, without him even knowing about it ?
      All joking aside, I’m glad he made it (after that horrendous injury) and I hope he gets some minutes to sign off with (and most importantly, a winners medal) ?

2. GunnerJack says:

So after slagging off Ozil in your last 200 comments you now say: ‘Ozil would have the key role’!!?? Freakin’ hilarious!
      I was looking forward to seeing what line ups the Ozil hate mob would come up with and now one of them, namely YOU, wimp out and say Ozil has the key role!
      Have you got absolutely no self respect?

1. Xxnofx says:

Bro ,he makes it up as he goes along ,this is the Same person who keeps saying iwobi will be a beast of a CAM
        Smfh

1. GunnerJack says:

Xxnofx – yes that’s funny but did you see his earlier remark about Iwobi which I copied to show my wife in case I lost track of it? He had us in stitches! Here it is:
          ” let Iwobi-san fulfill his destiny by channeling his inner Bergkamp in Baku. Coz his name sounds like a Japanese name and his spirit in the field reflects a samurai spirit . . . I always imagine Iwobi wears kimono and carries a katana to do a ritual before the football game”
          Lost for words after that little gem!

1. Th14 says:

Iwobi will steal the show in Baku… yall will be singing praises of him after full time. Screenshot this comment…

2. GunnerJack says:

Actually I don’t mind if Iwobi does steal the show and we win the game. That would be great for everyone and I’ve said on here before that I hoped Iwobi would improve under UE’s coaching. Unfortunately this has not really happened yet and so I’ll be surprised if it occurs on Wednesday – but here’s hoping!
            I’ll bookmark these comments as you suggest.

3. Xxnofx says:

I’ve screenshot this aswell TH14 ????

2. Th14 says:

@xxnofx
          There’s no Arsenal player better suited for the number 10 role than Iwobi and that’s fact.

Ooh nice picture, Dan ?

3. ForeverGooner says:

I’d feel better if Lichtsteiner Jenkinson and mustafi stayed at home to be honest. I don’t want them to set foot on the pitch. I hope our CB are Koscielny, Sokratis and Monreal. RWB Niles and LWB Kolsanic

Nice to see Danny on the list. He is our best LW at the moment (well until after the match when he will leave)

1. Martin says:

Come on it’s a final. They deserve to be there at least for their little contribution in the competition. If possible I would want the entire academy players to travel also.

4. Gogo says:

Wow, I didn’t know Pat was a girl, except for Sue I don’t know any other females here. Thanks still

Yes & she’s having twins!! ❤

1. Le Coq Monster says:

Is that one gooner and one spud ?………………….I`d put the spud up for addoption !
        😆

Poor Pat… I’ve told her it’ll be child abuse to dress one of them in a spud babygrow! Can’t see her letting it happen@

1. Pat says:

Sue????

2. Kev82 says:

Le Coq Monster lol ??

5. Le Coq Monster says:

Really dont understand why they name 24 players and then knock it down by a massive one player 75 mins before kick off !……………the player who gets the chop is going to think……….”how shit am I especially if it aint Mustafi !”
    Could you imagine the arousement of some on here if Mesut is the one that gets chopped !………..they could sell it as some kind of erectile dysfunction treatment !……………it may or may not get more money than Mesuts shirt sales ! hahahahahaha

1. Declan says:

It will likely be the third choice keeper, Lliev, who won’t make the 12 man subs bench. I reckon Mustafi and Ozil will both start.

1. Le Coq Monster says:

Hope you are half right with that starting prediction, Declan.
        I am the leader of a cult following of Mesut in darkest Cornwall where we even make pasties with messiah Mesuts face on them !………………obvious we make them using halal meat and veg !

??? I go to an Ozil cult too.. in fact I am the Ozil cult ? numbers are picking up.. maybe I should use some of your pasties?? ?

1. Le Coq Monster says:

Lets pray together Sister Sue ! hahahahaha
            Got to go for a run, later !

Sister Sue has a nice ring to it ??

3. Kev82 says:

Sister Sue ? Uncle Sue you mean ??

????? of course, how could I forget!! That was bloody brilliant ? nice one, Kev ?

5. Kev82 says:

Lol that still makes me laugh Sue ? I’m sure your a good uncle to your nieces and nephews ???

? the greatest – my one & only nephew can vouch!!

7. Kev82 says:

Your his favourite uncle you must be proud Sue ??

?? absolutely!!

9. Pat says:

And pat man preggies ????

Even at this time of the morning (especially on a Sunday, or in your case Sinday!!) You’re still on top form, LCM ?? keep it up (haha I mean the hilarious comments, before you jump to any conclusions, especially regarding towels at Boreham Wood ?)

1. Le Coq Monster says:

Morning Sue.
        My appendage will be no good to anyone if Chavs and Spuds win, but if Us and Bindippers win then I will go on an expedition to raise the Titanic with it !
        😆

Hahaha!! Hey there LCM…?? not much I can say to that, is there! Bet James Cameron will take you down with him!!

6. Le Coq Monster says:

I will not celebrate if we beat Chavs, I will put it on hold untill the outcome of CL Final !…………..yes it`s sad that my future happiness is all depending on my support of The Bindippers and them being triumphant !
    Yes the worse scenario of the world plunging into darkness is a Chav/Spud winning outcome, an outcome which will sadden most of the worlds population more so than when Grant left Eastenders………the bastards !

7. Break-on-through says:

Would’ve been a great boost if we’d gotten Bellerin, Holding and Ramsey back in time. The Mkhitaryan exclusion is disgraceful, how can they choose a venue that has problems with allowing any nation to come visit the country, let alone one who plays for either team.