No one can blame Kieran Tierney for wanting to move to Arsenal

Neil Lennon made it clear today that Kieran Tierney is unsettled because of the speculation over his future following an initial £15 Million bid from Arsenal.

The 22-year-old has seen players leave Scottish football and prosper elsewhere and just like any young ambitious footballer he wants to move to a bigger, better, more competitive league.

This is not to disrespect Scottish football, it can be entertaining but in terms of quality, it is no better than Championship level, if even that.

Celtic are going for a record of consecutive title wins but as anyone outside Parkhead knows, it is meaningless when your biggest rivals were not even involved for many of those titles due to being liquidated.

Embed from Getty Images

Even the most ardent Celtic footballer must get bored playing the same mediocre football week in and week out and truth be told, they have no idea of their own personal level because they are not properly tested.

A move to Arsenal for Tierney will see him tested week in week out and that can only be good for his game and development.

He does appear to be a quality individual but who really knows and as such £25 Million is a bit steep for a young man that is effectively paying Championship or League one level.

Then there is the wages, Tierney and his advisers know full well he will remain on a pittance at Celtic and the only way to secure his financial future is a move to a big league and you do not get much bigger than the Premier League.

NEXT - Why refusing to sell Aubameyang to Man United is not so easily decided

For his own development, financial security and desire to achieve meaningful silverware then it is no surprise that Tierney is unsettled, his future is on the line.

[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsM8708wJ10[/embedyt]

1. 350oz says:

“For his own development, financial security and desire to achieve meaningful silverware……”

Meaningful silverware LOL

1. Declan says:

The Emirates Cup ?

1. GunneRay says:

Yep, LOL!!!????

2. Chris farmer says:

He will develop more at arsenal as the premier League is the most difficult League in Europe I personally think he would be silly to stay at Celtic because he will never show his full potential

He only played 21 league games and produced 4 assists last season, so I’m curious to see whether he can live up to his hype or not

I just hope he has higher stamina than Kolasinac, because Kolasinac’s work rate usually decreased after 60 minutes and that impacted his game a lot

1. Tam F says:

Maybe it would be better to check his European stats last year, played same amount of games as Firpo who Man Utd and Liverpool are supposedly after for 45mill+ and Teirneys stats wiped the floor with him in every department, he played 40 games last season and 55 the year before, one of his best attributes is his engine, he can run all day

2. Duncan says:

He’s played 41 games in European Competition
      12 Games at International Level
      129 Games at Senior Level at Celtic and more or less retired a 70 Game International player to the Subs bench at 18 years of age.
      He was injured last Season for the first time probably due to the number of games he was asked to play in the past for Years.
      It’s not hype mate it’s reputation built on many many games where he has been excellent against quality players seldom being done or made to look out of his depth.
      Given how poor the defending is in the Premier League on the whole I’m sure he will be fine.
      I actually think a better career move for him as a defender would be to go to Italy with Napoli where he can learn from the very best defensive coaches.

1. ozziegunner says:

?I will be very pleased if he comes to the Arsenal.

3. GunnerJack says:

I found Kolasinac’s ability to pass the ball backwards did not change whether it was 6 minutes or 60.
      If Tierney comes then Kolasinac’s place is in jeopardy – and that is enough reason to buy him.

3. Durand says:

His teammates in Scotland national team have high praise for him. They say not much difference from Robertson, and Tierney has more versatility.

Play him in his LB position please! Kid has skills and tools for days. Regret missing out on his talent for the sake of saving a few pounds.

If we can’t get this deal across the line, or have underwhelming Summer transfer business, then the jig is up. Raul = Gazidis so far, not seeing the “improvement” or “change” club was crowing about.

Wake me in September when management starts in with all the “top 4” and “CL qualification” jive.

4. John says:

Every Celtic fan can, we dont want him to leave and I dont think KT wants to leave Celtic is his club, so sorry need to look elsewhere or starting price of 30 million to ask the question, but even at that I hope he stays, we love KT.

5. Grandad says:

Week after week I watch mediocre football in the Premier League and as an Arsenal supporter I can identify with mediocre players which is why we are where we are.We are not judging the Scottish League but an individual player who has developed into a quality full back who performs consistently well for his Country.He is highly regarded by virtually every pundit and ex players including Dalgleish, Gordon Strachan, VVD,Chris Sutton and uncle Tom Cobbly and all.He is on a par with Andrew Robertson of Liverpool and will shine in the Premier League just like his international colleague.To my mind he is not at all overpriced at £25m and our negotiators need to pull their finger out and sign him asap.

6. NONNY says:

Arsenal must not sign a player they have a full squad of u21 they can always select from we need more profits at the end of the day and spending much on players we not give us that.

7. Mogunna says:

You have nothing to write about lately. Who cares for this player when we have youth to compete already?

Like all bids for average players we don’t match.

Ridoculous articles, you do a kroenke on us, got some money for a new look, feeds us with garbage for ratings.

8. Adajim says:

Just read a report – Barca offered arsenal malcom loan with option to buy. This is good news.

Well it is a report at least, which is not the same as “good news”. It will only be good news if it happens and THAT must be a long shot, since he will NOT come without a huge price tag, when the buying part comes around. Plus he comes with personal baggage, in attitude we don’t need.

2. Skills1000 says:

It makes sense. Malcolm to Arsenal. Nabil Fekir is available for 30m pounds. Fekir is top quality. We should get Thomas Partey as well from Athletico. Then play a 433. A midfield 3 of Torrera Xhaka and Partey. Xhaka playing further up the pitch. High energy midfield. We need to sign the right players.

1. ozziegunner says:

Plus Dunk from Brighton and Hove Albion as a CB.

9. Kev82 says:

If I was Kieran Tierney I would jump at the chance to play in the premier League.. no disrespect but playing against rubbish like partick thistle and Motherwell isn’t all that exciting or challenging! Apart from Celtic, maybe Rangers I wouldn’t even know an SPL player if he was stood right next to me lol anyway let’s make it happen asap! Off topic has Monreal left???

I reckon it’s a load of codswallop, Kevin!! ?

1. Kev82 says:

You think so Sue? these rumours are killing me ?

I thought Nacho had signed a year extension?! There was nothing about him on the website.. crapola!!!
          I know exactly how that feels… playing the waiting game – I don’t like it.. my patience is very thin ?

1. Kev82 says:

I want him to stay as a squad player Sue I reckon we should sell Kolasinac bring in Tierney and use the money for him elsewhere! Winger definitely ? Malcolm, Carrasco, Fraser, Brahimi, Lozano one of those players ? sign Dunk and Duffy can’t have one without the other ? oh now your nervous you were confident the other day ?

Well I didn’t see Zaha on that list ??
            I’m secretly confident, Kev… it’s a front, just to make you feel you’re not alone ?

3. Kev82 says:

I’m not a great fan of Zaha Sue he’s a good player for about 25-35 mil but definitely no more than that, there’s better players ? hahaha yeah, yeah you keep telling yourself that Suzanne I bet you have all the faith in the world in that reliable Arsenal board ??

I know you’re not ? I think there are only 2 people on here who like him (& I’m 1 of them!!)
            Hahaha more now Ivan has gone ?
            Well we’ll have to keep our eyes peeled on the transfer news, Kev!!

5. Kev82 says:

Who’s the other ? personally I can’t see it happening in any case we should be focusing on defence left back and 2 CBS ideally a RB as well ? oh I don’t think I can read anymore rumours Sue Jarrod Bowen the latest to be linked ?

Dan!! Very funny!! Never say never, Kev.. not over till the fat lady sings (& before you say it – no that isn’t me ?)
            I reckon they’ve got something up their sleeves & there must be more money than first thought! So come August 8 we may well be pleasantly surprised!!

7. Kev82 says:

No your the old lady and the old lady never sings ? haha something up their sleeve you could be a comedian Sue ? so have you bought the new kit yet ?

There’s only one old lady, and that’s Juventus ? Haha!!
            No not yet, will wait till the Emirates cup (could that be our only silverware this season?!) On 28th and get it then..
            Omg Peru beat Chile!! Yippee!!!!! ??

9. Kev82 says:

Emirates cup is only one game this year ? quite possibly yes Sue ? haha yeah I know Chile were awful ? Brazil’s to lose now ?

Stranger things binge later, Kev… gonna do the whole season ?
            Yeah Brazil will win for sure & those poor sods in that stadium will all be blind for at least an hour!
            You didn’t melt today then – been a scorcher!!

11. Kev82 says:

Oh that will keep you occupied for a few hours Sue ? I’ll have to watch the rest of cobra Kai I’m 5 episodes in ? haha Bobby firminho ? ? No I love the sun Sue ?️?️☀️

10. Mobella says:

Sky sports just confirmed w are looking at Ismailia Sarr as an alternative to Zaha. That I’m all for.

You haven’t finished CK yet?!! Well I’m shocked! ?
      Hahaha Bobby – whatever made you think that?!!
      Nice tan then!!
      There’s only 8 episodes ?
      No Zaha as yet………

1. Kev82 says:

No I’m kinda dragging it out as it’ll be a year before the new one ? his white glow in the dark smile ? that’s not many ? no real transfer news today ? yeah just need an all over one now can’t have half a paint job ?

Haha naturist ???

1. Kev82 says:

Hahaha no no I won’t be going full monty unless it’s under a sun lamp ??? shouldn’t you be topping up the old tan for your holiday ? no football on tonight boring ?

Haha I’ll just put some fake tan on (tango’d ?)
            Thursday’s are pretty crap.. 36 days till the league starts ?

3. Kev82 says:

Haha just dye your hair green before you go and your all set ? I bet you have a little calendar and mark off the days every morning? ? So arnatovic is off to the far East to live a playboy lifestyle ?

Are you calling me an oompa loompa?!!! ?
            Ooh no I’m bricking it already!!
            Bloody hell, is he? How much for? Was surprised when he went to WH… knew he wouldn’t stay there long, they’ll miss him. Bet my nephew is calling him every name under the sun ?

5. Kev82 says:

Haha you caught on ?? haha are you ? ? How was stranger things? I think for 19.5 apparently wh fans aren’t happy with the fee but I heard he’s a problem player so take the money and run ? haha he might be happy they’re signing maxi Gomez ?

It’s soooo good (on 3rd episode)
            That is quite low.. but yeah he’s been a bit of a nightmare wherever he’s been! ?

7. Kev82 says:

I’ve never watched it Sue but heard good things ? have you watched Lucifer ? He’s the doc out of EastEnders ? so still no signings Sue what are we waiting for the January sales? ?

No I’ve not seen Lucifer, any good??
            So Wrighty thinks Zaha will be a magnificent signing for us.. I have my sights set on him, Kev!
            The team must fly out to the states soon!

9. Kev82 says:

That fella Kev will probably come on tomorrow and say done deal medical penciled in for the weekend ????? it’s very good Sue it’s worth a watch ? next weekend probably since our game with the Rapids is on the 16th?

And I’d believe it & get all excited ?
            Well I didn’t watch it all ?
            It’s Friday woohoo.. preseason starts tomorrow ??

11. Kev82 says:

I think every article I read on Arsenal since may 30th have quoted Arsenal have a transfer budget of 45 million! Aren’t they getting a little boring of this 45 million by now ? Why would the club come out and tell journalists we have 45 million to spend? We must be the only club on the planet that has an open transfer budget for all to see ? they don’t ever say utd have 100 mil or Liverpool have 150 mil or Chelsea have 200 mil or spurs have 300 mil so how the hell do they know what we have ? I’m telling you right now I can’t bloody stand journos ? haha if his predictions came true we’d be having a great transfer window already ? the mighty borehamwood ?

I do agree Kev, we’d have spent about 300m by now, if you went by what they come out with!!
            Well another scorcher – no white bits ? don’t work too hard, Kev.. I’d hate working out in this heat ?
            Then it’s the weekend ?
            Have a great day!! Laterz ?

13. Kev82 says:

No white bits ? no you get used to it Sue ? hope you had a great day Suzanne ?

I’m glad it’s over ??

15. Kev82 says:

Rough day uncle Sue ? ?

Been a bloody long week, Kev!! Painful at times ?? Haha love the “uncle” ??????

17. Kev82 says:

It must be tough working inside a air conditioned building ?? think of poor me ? haha it still makes me laugh ?

It’s not air conditioned & they’ve only just turned the heating off!!!
            I do sympathise!! ?☀️
            So Premier Sports are showing all of our preseason games!

19. Kev82 says:

Seriously Sue ? god you must be melted ? what about tomorrow ?

Yes and tomorrow.. last season it was shown on Arsenal player, but not tomorrow ?

21. Kev82 says:

Ah I won’t see it Sue ? but I’ll just have to live with it ? are you working?

No am off for 4 days ? I’m gutted.. would love to watch all our games coming up but I’m not paying for that too! Takes the mick!!!

23. Kev82 says:

Paying for what?

Premier Sports! But after all that, it was on YouTube!!

25. Kev82 says:

Oh I thought you already had premier sports Sue ?

No, have Sky & BT… not paying for anymore ?
            Argies v Chile at 8!!

27. Kev82 says:

I have all channels and not through iptv because that isn’t live and it’s temperamental ? oh the playoffs Sue ?

Messi has to do something, finally!!!
            Omg Stranger Things was awesome!! How long for season 4?? ?

29. Kev82 says:

A year ? Haha Giroud ?? so Arsenal kids were rubbish today ? why is everyone keep saying chambers had an awesome season at Fulham? They conceded like 2 million goals and were relegated, no one at Fulham had an awesome season unless I’m missing something ?

Giroud ?? (that’s so funny!)
            John-Jules did well.. maybe it was the Steve Bould effect ?
            I ain’t that keen on Chambers, never have been. The last 2 teams he’s been loaned to have ended up relegated!
            Babel did well, although he wasn’t there that long ?

31. Kev82 says:

I’m so glad you think that Sue I often wonder the mindset of the chambers fan club because to be brutally honest he’s absolutely useless and wouldn’t even get a game at wolves! Maybe that’s why we’re so poor a lot of our fan base are happy with mediocre players.. if I were in charge Mustafi Jenkinson and Chambers would have already left ? haha bring in Babel ? so your man Sanchez has limped off injured ? Sue, I have no idea why he was kept on I would have booted his A*se out the door along with Wenger ?

His poor hamstring ? 2-0 now, get in there!! Sergio!!
          Well I’m glad we’ve swapped him with Freddie, he can go & chew his gum elsewhere!
          Yeah I’d have got shot of Granit too.. and Elneny!

1. Kev82 says:

If I was the owner of Arsenal I have a clear vision of who I want at the club De Ligt, umapacano, Tierney, Arrons, Fraser, Pepe and Saul Niguez ? some thigh watching tonight for you Sue ? Giroud and Vidal sent off it’s gone crazy ?. Oh yes Sue definitely ?

2. Kev82 says:

Sorry medel but Giroud shouldn’t have been sent off ?

Jeez 2 reds???! He’ll turn back into Messi now he takes that kit off ?
            I knew you’d have De Ligt! I’d be happy if you were the owner, with that lot – just missing one – Wilf ?

4. Kev82 says:

Haha there will be no place for Zaha with Pepe playing same position ? you reckon that would be good enough for top 4 ? Haha yeah Sue griezmann will teach him the L dance ? 2-1 good game ?

Pepe’s going to Liverpool! I don’t know all of them, but some are good ?
            That bloody dance ?

6. Kev82 says:

Damn Liverpool will smash us ? mane Salah firminho and Pepe ? you love it Sue I bet you’ve done it celebrating an Arsenal goal ??

If I have – it was a long time ago ??

8. Kev82 says:

Haha I just knew it ? so will we have at least one signing by next week? I watched the spinal tap last night it was so funny Sue ?

Yes, Zaha if I have my way!! I’ve not seen it, is it old?

10. Kev82 says:

Haha yeah Sue 1984 it’s a mockumentary ? if you ever watch it and you don’t laugh at the Stonehenge scene I’ll worry about you ???

I’ll try & find it & let you know ?

11. I sometime wonder why the Management of Arsenal always finds it difficult to purchased or signed players that the club really need. You have a very leaky defense that conceded more goals than any other bigger teams in the league last season. Spend money on defenders and forget about winger or strikers.

12. NONNY says:

Manchester City have paid the £62.5m release clause for Atletico Madrid’s Rodri to allow the midfielder to leave the club.

13. NONNY says:

Manchester United confirm signing of Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace in £50million deal

14. NONNY says:

Tottenham have signed France midfielder Tanguy Ndombele from Ligue 1 side Lyon for a club record 60m euros (£53.8m).

15. NONNY says:

Arsenal bid 40mil for Zaha
    15mil for Kieran Tierney
    And have confirmed the signing
    Of Gabriel Martinelli joining from Brazilian club Ituano.

What a serous club

1. ozziegunner says:

Give it time; early days. Offers for Zaha are only smoke screens to hide the true targets.

1. NMC says:

I agree Ozzie, I think it is to flood the media with a story they want to run with. It is a very unrealistic story and mirrors a lot of stories were we “try” and get a high profile player. Higuain anyone?

While behind the scenes arsenal work on 2-3 lower targets Cazorla, Giroud, Lacazzette, Montreal anyone?

1. NONNY says:

Don’t be too confident on arsenal
          Arsenal never prioritise success
          In high exteem that’s why they keep
          Joking around transfer after transfer

16. hassan hammed says:

I’ll be very happy if dearly arsenal can sign the Celtic left back