Official Arsenal line up to face Nottingham Forest – Holding and Tierney start

It is Carabao Cup time at the Emirates this evening as Arsenal welcome Nottingham Forest in what promises to be an entertaining affair.

Forest are on a nine-game unbeaten run across all competitions and currently sit sixth in the Championship. Arsenal is on a two game-winning run having beaten Eintracht Frankfurt last Thursday in the Europa League and Aston Villa at the weekend.

Forest will no doubt be close to full strength, whereas Arsenal has made significant changes to the team that beat Aston Villa in Sunday’s Premier League thriller, with both Rob Holding and Kieran Tierney starting after long term injuries.

As a side note, there will be no Carl Jenkinson for Forest, the former Gunner is absent through injury.

The game kicks off at 19.45 UK time.

Links will be put in the comments where to watch the game live and free so keep checking in.

Also, if you go to the official Arsenal website you will be able to get live commentary text.

1. Declan says:

Good looking team.

I’m so excited to see Tierney 👍

3. Dan kit says:

Wow Ozil starting ,Emery’s making a mug out of him.
    Also Torreira ,I mean what happened to the player we had in the first half of last season .

1. Dan kit says:

Apart from that moan a good looking team though .

1. Viju Jacob says:

In the Ozil issue Emery is coming unstuck big time…I’m sure Ozil will be using such matches to get some game time to help in his fluidity. The younger guys around him will only benefit playing with him.

2. simon says:

give me 300k weekly and make a mug out of me!!..you think ozil cares….emery is doing himself not ozil(a retired German international) with laurels

4. Yusuf Qays says:

Good team??
    Who’s playing in No 9 position??

1. Francis says:

Martinelli apparently

2. GB says:

Yes very good team oh and wait and see ✌️

5. Sam says:

I love the back four except for mustafi, should they keep a clean sheet I would love the same defence tested in a PL game with bellelin in place for mustafi

6. Abi says:

Great line up, i’ll like to see Folarin Balogun play at some point too.

I hope Nelson would play on the right wing, because he is not skillful enough to an inverted LW

And I wanna see Martinelli on the left, but he has to play as a CF due to the lack of personnel

I also want to see whether the hype of Tierney is true or not

8. Aeontisty says:

I’m guessing Martinelli plays as nos 9?
    Sadly I might miss tonight game.

9. John0711 says:

These are the games Xhaka should play in its his level
    And anyone who thinks Torreira isn’t better than Xhaka needs sacking

1. Aeontisty says:

You are funny man.. Lol

1. John0711 says:

Maybe
        Unless I’m actually serious, havnt met anyone who can explain why Xhaka plays week in week out

1. Francis says:

Maybe due to some clause in his contract Xhaka plays every PL match when not injured

10. Lenohappy says:

Come on gunners come on Ozil show them why you are the best playmaker in the world.

1. ken1945 says:

Oh No!!!!
      Ozil looks ill and unhappy and he’s been made captain – my pet cat can see he’s not mentally fit, why does Emery do this to him!!!
      I know, it’s because Auba captained Dortmund for three years…hang on though…I got that one wrong as well!!!!

For those of us who know a little about football, here’s a question:
      Why, after dropping Ozil when he has only seem fit to play him for 70 minutes the entire season, does he then make him captain in charge of a team of youngsters and players recovering from long term injuries?

I have my thoughts, just wondered what others think his motives might be?

1. Phil says:

Ken-in all honesty, I believe Emery is trying to humiliate Ozil by playing him in the Carabao and Europa Cup Games ( don’t know about last week ) pretty much like he did to Aaron Ramsey last season.That backfired on him big time as he was soon desperate to keep Ramsey in the first team by Xmas.Ozil will prove far more valuable to Arsenal than this joker.If he can get a run of first team games going then I’m convinced he will be a first team regular.With the pace and energy we have Ozil is the one to get the best from Pepe and even more from Aubamayang.But you know what the side will be at OT next Monday.Full of the same and overloaded with midfield workhorses with no creative spark for Auba and Pepe to feed off.I bet OGK is delighted we are up next for Man Utd as he knows our likes team and play out from the back routine just like every other team knows what we are doing.Pathetic Manager.Zero credibility.No hope of seeing the season out in my opinion.

1. Dan kit says:

I don’t know the answer to your question Ken but he looks bloody good tbh ,him ,mart and Teirney look on it .

1. ken1945 says:

Phil, mh thoughts exactly, but it looks like Ozil is enjoying himself tonight.

I really like the way we are enjoying the possession tonight and, as Dan says, Tierney looks the part.

Regarding OT, this should be a win for us, as they seem in even more of a mess than we are!!!

I so admjre Ozil, the way he bas conducted himself, remaining aloof from the UE provocation and adding his congratulations to the players efforts on Sunday….second half starting COYG.

11. Luckyville says:

Ok Admin I must commend you on your predicted lineup in the previous article. you were almost perfect aside Bola. maybe you have a talent in predicting and you don’t know. thumbs up to you tho.

12. GB says:

Kick off delayed until 8pm

1. Dan kit says:

Is that to get Emery’s ego into the ground

13. S.J says:

So this is the line up for Man.u?

Aubameyang..

Saka, Ceballos, Pepe..

Guendouzi, Xhaka..

Kolasinac, Luiz, Sokratis, A. M-Niles.

Leno.

Don’t trust this line up.

1. GB says:

We obviously don’t know yet.

2. Will says:

We don’t play until Monday night so no reason that Torreira, Tierney, Willock and Holding would not be in contention to start against UTD.

14. Le Coq Monster says:

Some experience mixed with youth, like it !
    Good to rest Auba and Pepe le Pew.
    Lets give the Sherwood Forest outlaws a hiding……………..Fryer Tuck, Little John, Will Scarlett, Robin of Loxley, Maid Marion, Douglas Fairbanks, Errol Flyn, Kevin Costner………………….. your boys are in for a beating !
    In a close tough tight game I predict we will edge it 10-0

1. Declan says:

Cheers admin I had s great stream on this site for the Villa game.

2. Jo-Gunz says:

Many thanks Admin Martin

15. GB says:

Nice of us to do Forest a favour by playing tonight instead of tomorrow as they have a league game Friday while we don’t play till Monday.

I hope they batter Stoke on Friday, GB👊

16. Grandad says:

On paper a very exciting team, with one exception?I hope fans are patient with Holding, Tierney and Bellerin when he comes on and don’t expect them to set the heather on fire after such lengthy absences.A great opportunity for Ozil to display his talents surrounded by young high energy players who can create space with their running off the ball.

17. Admin Martin says:

Kick-off has been delayed

Tonight’s match will now begin at 8pm – this is due to travel issues affecting supporters

18. Agu Emen says:

This 11 is as strong as our first team (except for Auba)
    If Forest put out their best team they should win.
    Should be a fun game with lots of goals.
    A look at Martinelli and Tierney
    and hopefully Hector from the bench.
    Exciting bench.

19. GB says:

At last a decent left back!

20. The Bush says:

Is this Forest quite bad or these Arsenal players better than the first team ???

Those young midfielders are better than Xhaka and the wings are more alive

2. Nitsram says:

Well they do play in the Championship

21. GB says:

What a goal

22. Gunner Marc says:

Martinelli! Take a bow son!

23. Sean Williams says:

What a goal Martinelli

24. Gunner Marc says:

Tierny is looking good. Very accurate crosses too!

1. GB says:

Chambers looking good too and great assist

Fantastic Martinelli

Nelson played better without the EPL pressure. Our left wing is great with Tierney and him

And our midfield is so much better with Willock and Torreira, because both players’ ball controls are top-notch

26. Gunner Marc says:

Sad for Smith-Rowe. Hopefully that was precautionary and it’s nothing too serious.

27. Charlie Nick says:

Impressed by Tierney and Chambers

28. Gily says:

This Arsenal selection is making a really strong Forest side look ordinary

29. Munster says:

I was sad to see Rowe leave,entertaining match so far.

30. Chambers is 10 times better than AMN!!!

31. Viju Jacob says:

What an unlucky lad ESR is…I just hope it’s nothing serious. He didn’t deserve another injury at this stage in his career.

Coming to the game, it’s exciting to watch these youngsters play with freedom and fearlessness..may it long continue. The entire unit moved up & down together & taking into account it’s Forest, I find it encouraging to see quick passing and running into spaces. If only Emery manages each game like this…Sigh!!!

Tierney will do good as will Martinelli. Martinez looks the leader we need and a commanding presence at the goal. Reiss will grow into his role and so will Willock who looks to enjoy playing with Ozil. Welcome back Holding, you will do us good with that calm, smiling countenance. Mustafi needs encouragement, not abuse and I’m sure he will come good. Torreira is going to be box-to-box after all, which doesn’t all that encouraging z because he is a DM the way he plays.

I just hope and pray ESR comes out unscathed, because he is our future. Didn’t have a great game but he was roaming all over creating space.

Ozil will be Emery’s undoing, as he is showing what he can do on the pitch. I’m glad the youngsters will benefit playing alongside him, as his isn’t pulling rank but making them play to their natural abilities.

32. Gunner Marc says:

Holding!!

33. Viju Jacob says:

Emery has signed his death wish. Substituted Ozil again, just when the team is beginning to look fluid in the pitch.
    I guess now it’s time to lose it with the badger.

1. Abi says:

Like seriously, what is Ozil’s business on the pitch after 2 goals. He played well no doubt. 3 goals after Ozil left. Emery got it right.

1. Viju Jacob says:

You may want to educate yourself about the game, because this isn’t instant noodles.

1. ozziegunner says:

2-0 up why would you risk Ozil, if the coach maybe wishes him to play at Old Trafford?

1. Viju Jacob says:

He needs game time to get his fluidity back.

2. Innit says:

5-0 doesnt sound like a death wish

1. Viju Jacob says:

It’s not about the scoreline, it’s about getting players to play, especially the creative ones who need to develop understanding with his colleagues on the pitch. I wasn’t talking about the scoreline and I’m not those “win is a win” fan

What the hell does Mesut have to do to play the whole 90????

1. Viju Jacob says:

My point exactly Sue. I’m so pissed right now despite the two goals.
      Next time we should tag team and take on those who think Chambers is slow 😁

1. ozziegunner says:

Sue and Viju, what would your comment be if he was left on and was injured? Maybe the coach is trying to build up playing time?

1. Viju Jacob says:

Ozil is injured, Ozil needs rest are all Emery’s lines. He didn’t look injured.

35. Angus says:

Ignoring the obvious positives, Chambers HAS to go into to DM role in midfield. It was always the plan when we bought him and he has kicked on.

1. Angus says:

Will add can see Chambers starting at RB against Man Utd because Bellerin isn’t fit yet. After that though he has to DM, we always thought it was his best position (Wenger said as much in regards to long term after we bought him.) He won player of the year at Fulham and hes hasn’t looked out of place at CB (only clean sheest) and at RB where his delivery has been quite impressive actually.

36. Viju Jacob says:

Two years ago, when I said in another forum that the two English lads, Chambers & Holding should play DM, I was ridiculed, and my point that excellent communication in that part of the pitch is necessary didn’t have any takers.
    Even though it’s early doors in League Cup, I loved the way the lads played, so I’m sure Emery has been told a few things. In the second half it was nice to see Torreira in a DM role, but I’m aghast he substituted Ozil again, so now it’s 100% clear that Emery has an axe to grind, just when the team were enjoying themselves on the pitch, stitching together nice partnerships and passes.
    Those who said Chambers is slow, can eat crow now. Lovely to see a smiling Holding back and nicer to see Bellerin involved in a goal. I hope us fans will not bring down Reiss but instead get behind him & Willock to become our future. Saka will come good for us, if Emery doesn’t tinker around.
    Can’t help feeling terrible for ESR..praying the kid is alright. He didn’t have a great game so went into a high risk effort, so it’s all the more worrying.
    Martinez looks the real deal, so Leno has a fight on his hands, which is good for the club. Mustafi had a decent game, so he needs all the encouragement, not abuse.
    Has Emery turned the corner? That’s a question I have no answer for.