Official Arsenal team to face Leicester City – Pepe and Luiz start

This may not be a Premier League game but I suspect that Mikel Arteta will take it very seriously because of who the opponents are.

There is sure to be some experimenting done by both managers but this is not a game that either Arteta or Brendan Rodgers will want to lose.

Both teams have a 100% start to the Premier League season and the last thing either will want is for the momentum to be derailed.

Also, some Arsenal players do have a thing or two to prove and tonightโ€™s game is a perfect opportunity for certain players to do just that.

This is the Arsenal team to face Leicester City in the Carabao Cup this evening.

Can this team that Arteta has selected get the better of the Foxes?

Leave us your comments below and maybe predict the score at the same time.

Links to streams will be put in the comments where to watch the game live and free so keep checking in.

Also, if you go to the official Arsenal website here you will be able to get live commentary text and radio.

JustArsenal predicted line up (for comparison) here

JustArsenal match preview here

Tags Arsenal Team Leicester City v Arsenal

1. Pepe says:

If arsenal get past Leicester and if Liverpool wins then arsenal will have to play pool again. .. i honestly don’t fancy this cup

1. Pepe says:

i expected to see saliba playing tonight

Me too….

2. Mrcool says:

I can’t find the full list here

1. SueP says:

Re read the article and hit โ€˜hereโ€™ outlined in red and it takes you to The Arsenal website

3. Dan kit says:

Good strong bench ๐Ÿ‘
    COYG

4. Eddie says:

It’s a strong attack…
    I’m not surprised about Ozil and Guendouzi. Both are not wanted at the club anymore.
    Douzi could still get his chance but Ozil? I doubt it.
    Yesterday I mentioned one fact we’re all ignoring that’s an option.
    Right now I’m seeing it as a possibility.
    Ozil won’t be named among the 25 man list for the season.
    I’m willing to bet on it.
    This isn’t any information from anywhere, this is my personal opinion.
    Ozil and Douzi or another player (Mustafi/Sokratis/Torreira) would be replaced by Aouar and Partey on the 25 man list.

Goodluck to the boys tonight. I hope they get the win

For me, this was it – now or never… not even making the squad has answered that!
      Come on boys!! ๐Ÿคž

1. Kstix says:

Honestly sad to not see them making the squad, I guess this is really the end for Ozil at arsenal, like Eddie Suggests, I think Guendouzi would be used at some point if we can’t move, I guess torreira is really off to Athletico then. Best of luck to the lads.

Yes, Kstix, Ozil is over and out… I agree about MG, makes sense. It is sad, but I’m sure Aouar and TP arriving will soften the blow ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Torreira > ๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿ‘

2. Eddie says:

Sue, I expected him to feature also, at least to get a shot at it once again.
        The whole story is a sad one.
        This is not an attack on him, I just wish he’ll decide to leave to one of those clubs interested in him, leave for his own good and for the good of the Arsenal FC he has reiterated countless times he loves.
        It’s obvious the club really want to get his high wage bill off, and I wish he’d just say screw this and he’d leave. At least everyone stops worrying and expectations dies off.

I agree, Eddie…I can’t wait for this mess to end!
          Anyway, let’s progress to round 4 ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Simon says:

Why should he leave?

3. Kenya 001 says:

Gutted wanted macey balagon and saliba to start

No such luck, Kenya….

2. Lenohappy says:

Eddie but thats not fair to ozil๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

1. Eddie says:

Yeah I know right? It’s sad the way both parties are ending their relationship. This whole thing isn’t good for one single person, one!! This whole isn’t good for the club, it isn’t good for Ozil, and it’s not in any way good for the fans who seem divided over him.
        I just wish they’d com to a decision fast and whatever they decided to do they can all move on and we can focus on our club

1. Lenohappy says:

Even if after this ozil still still doesn’t have a little respect for himself and leave the club, then it will be so clear even to his followers that all he really ever cared about it’s the money. The truth is the club gave him the contract and he has every reason to stay and see out his contract but at least he should have a little respect for himself and move.

1. David says:

If my employer treated me the way arsenal are treating ozil I wouldn’t leave either. If you want the player to show class then the club has to do the same. This situation is disgusting all round.

1. Mohsan says:

Agree @David. Well said. Supporting a club does not mean we have to support everything they do even when they are in wrong. No one should follow blind.

2. lcw says:

Why is this bad for Ozil? He is getting his money without the the wear and tear to boot. He will have many suiters next year and will make plenty of money . The only loser is the club especially if excluding him is not due to performance. Arsenal have more explaining to do so those of us who are not yet mad at Ozil get behind the club. This is done in bad taste.

1. Lenohappy says:

Icw nobody asked you to get ‘mad’ at ozil, you can decide to support ozil the player or Arsenal the club. And I don’t think the club have any reason to explain to the fans because when they were given out the contract to ozil, they didn’t explain to us or seek our permission.

1. lcw says:

That will be your opinion and I am fine with it. But asking me to think the way you deem right is laughable. Today is Ozil tomorrow might be somebody else. I don’t like my club to fire poor people. I don’t like my club to mistreat people and I don’t like my club to do shady business. If you are OK with all that at least don’t ask others to follow your lead.

2. Eddie Hoyte says:

He’s getting his money without wearing and tearing the boot right? So it’s in no bad for him.
            Since he’s not complaining himself, I wonder why you guys complain about him not playing then?
            At least he’s getting his money right? He’ll get suitors next season ? The you guys should let him collect his paycheck in peace and stop complaining that the club is not using him

3. Maxis says:

I’ve also been contemplating that possibility with regards Ozil. If he’s not going to be used, then better exclude him to free up that non-English quota for any of our incomings. But, what do I know?

1. Eddie says:

That’s the big reason he’s likely to not make the EPL list

4. Jah son says:

Really with this much defenders

Battle of the barnets > Luiz v Choudhury COYG

6. Sid says:

We are starting THE TANK alongside Pennywise? Hope his balloon doesn’t get shot, LOL
    Good lineup. Interesting midfield partnership. Hope it clicks together well enough to be considered as an option in future.
    COYG!

1. Declan says:

Tank? Penny wise?
      Youโ€™ve lost me๐Ÿค”

1. Sid says:

Tank= Kola, Pennywise= Luiz, Lol

1. Declan says:

Ah you mean square head and sideshow Bob๐Ÿคฃ

2. Sid says:

A youtube channel by the name of 442oons do cartoon portrayals of footballers and Luiz is depicted as the Clown from IT. Quite hilarious.

3. Highbury Hero says:

Time to float ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1. Rory johnson says:

We all float down here…..

๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿคฃ

7. Grandad says:

Could be a 4-3-3 system with AMN and Kolasinac as full backs, to match up with Leicester.?Looks like Guendouzi does not have a future with Arsenal and that Ozil is effectively being frozen out by decree from “above”.

1. Joe Allysons says:

Why are you so interested in matching formations?

8. Okiror says:

The treatment of Ozil is a disgrace to our club even though I want him out but this is kit good for the image of our club internationally

1. Lenohappy says:

Okiror what I don’t understand is why you guys are not talking about Real madrid that what they are doing to Bale is not good for the club image, at least Arsenal hasn’t yet come out to say anything bad about Ozil, Real madrid says Bale likes golf more than he love playing for Madrid but I didn’t see you guys talking about that, please the club has made there decision, let ozil decide whatever he wants, if he wants to sit out his contract then fine.

1. Sid says:

I think it was Bale who posted that image? In the same way Ozil hasn’t disrespected our club. Also Madrid fans generally agree that Bale is not required at the club. He is not what you would class as an opinion divider like Ozil.

1. Lenohappy says:

Sid Ozil didn’t even achieved half of what Bale achieved for Madrid and you are here saying madrid fans ‘generally’ agreed that Bale should leave the club. A player that won 3 champions league and scored in 2 finals and 2 or 3 la liga titles and you are saying the fans generally agree for him to leave lol. Some of you Ozil fans are so funny.

1. Sid says:

I said what I inferred from visiting Madrid fan sites as I also like Madrid. From these sites, the general consensus is that Bale is unwanted at Madrid. You can say that Bale’s inability to fully learn Spanish, his lack of popularity in the dressing room as well as his injury record are kind of harming his legacy.
            As I said that is disrespect towards Bale, but Madrid has Rodrygo, Odegaard, Asensio to name a few, who play in his position and generally fit Zizou’s systems better. So Bale is not much of an Opinion divider and has few supporters. Ofcourse I maybe completely wrong as my sample space is not large.
            Good attempt at classifying me as an Ozil ‘fan’ lol, I wont deny I like him as a player, but I am an Arsenal fan first.

2. Okiror says:

Arsenal ismy love I do tmi d what happens in Madrid, I have known Arsenal for being classy

3. David says:

real has hazard to replace bale. We have willok lol. If ozil was frozen out for a quality player no one would care

4. Mohsan says:

@lenohappy I am a real fan and let me tell you both situations are different. Bale is too injury prone, he does not fit in Zizu plans. They have better n younger players coming through who are more consistent. Apart from that Bale has language issue and he has not made friends by actually provoking club and fans together with his flag showing thing. Ozil is different he has not done anything in public to provoke club or fans, he has been part of and was also part of MA’s plan before all this pay sacrifice issue came up. So in Ozil case the club need to show more class then what we have seen.

1. Sid says:

Agreed bro. Cant put both players in the same category.

9. Edu says:

The treatment of Ozil is poor i agree. But Ozil doesn’t look like who wants to play football anymore. I don’t think he is hungry for the game anymore. If he is I’m pretty sure that he would have made move to leave Arsenal. No wonder Arteta wouldn’t consider him, because i Arteta have seen that he isn’t even hungry for football. Look at Rodriguez.

1. Lenohappy says:

Look at Sanchez, Mykitahyan even Bale.

2. CorporateMan says:

And Alexis Sanchez!

10. CorporateMan says:

Arteta doesn’t rate Matt Macey one bit!

1. Kenya 001 says:

Yeah hoped to see him play

11. Lucia says:

Admin any stream?

1. Sid says:

Yup, any links to livestream?

I’m watching on Hesgoal

1. Sid says:

Thanks Sue. Working well๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

12. Aaron says:

No one at the club does in the long run.

Ozil is done and dusted.

Guen will be shrink wrapped and moved along.
    Tor coming to a Spanish team soon.

Mikel obviously cares about this cup.
    Wish he would have just played under 21’s, but I get he is getting the squad into playing shape.

13. Enny says:

Why is pepe this indecisive

14. AllGunzBlazin says:

Honestly, I must say Nelson is the most overrated footballer Arsenal has ever had. I read it somewhere once that he’s the best of his generation, which got me seriously worried about the Arsenal Academy.

15. AllGunzBlazin says:

And don’t even get me started on Willock….the less said, the better!

16. Lucia says:

Any link to stream

1. SueP says:

Iโ€™m listening to Radio Leicester on the BBC
      Thatโ€™s it as far as I can tell

1. Dan kit says:

I put a link on but admin havenโ€™t posted it yet .

2. SueP says:

Or Talksport

2. Rory johnson says:

Sportsbay.org ๐Ÿ‘

If we win this, we’re playing at Anfield twice next week ๐Ÿ˜ต

1. Kenya 001 says:

Well we gotta beat the best and I can dare say we are no longer pushovers

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Š

18. Mohsan says:

Why do we sign always injured players, why did we sign Mari and Cedric if they were injured or hardly featured since they came over on loan. Then we say we are short of money, our wage bill is big and we have big squad which needs trimming. It’s not the first time this stupid behaviour we have seen Kim, linch, Suarez etc etc. When will we learn.

19. JO-Binho says:

Y did the club treat ozil like?

20. NWL Dan says:

That was defo a penalty against Saka.

But it’s not at Anfield or Old Trafford ๐Ÿ˜‰

21. Mohsan says:

When I see Pepe I hear voices in my head “Ur a shiti mane, ur just a shiti mane”…we signed Gervinhio 2.0 for 70mil hahaha…. brilliant piece of business by us.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

2. Kstix says:

Last season when some of us said Zaha was a better player, we almost got eaten alive. Especially with the “it’s only his first season” statement. He’s a good player, but I feel we should have gone for Zaha instead then. Thank God we have Willian now tho.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ even now I get roasted for saying I’d love to have Wilf…..

1. Kstix says:

It’s an obvious choice Sue, the guy has been carrying crystal Palace consistently. When you mention Palace, that’s the first and about the only player you can think of. And he was available at 60M, premier league proven but we went and got pepe for 72mill. I think the price tag affects his approach to the game, he knows he’s our record signing, I think he should have a psych Eval or something to help him deal with that. So glad He has Willian for competition, if that doesn’t make him sit up this season, we should be looking for a way to offload him next season.

I agree, Kstix…

2. RSH says:

Yeah, i was initially excited about Pepe myself, but oh my… This signing is starting to look like a misfire. If he cannot step up this season and make himself a starter (he should be beating Willian to a place in our XI), then we have another expensive problem on our hands. At least Pepe seems willing to play football and wont sit on his contract. I really want things to work out for him, but his decision-making is awful and he really struggles to impose himself onto games. This has got to be his season.

1. Kstix says:

Spot on RSH

3. Sirjoe says:

Well, according to stats, pepe did better than wilf both in goals and assists last season, there is a reason zaha is at palace and not one of the top 10.

1. Kstix says:

And I say put Zaha in arsenal and pepe in Palace and see the outcome

Would love to, Kstix ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Sid says:

I heard that in a parody.

22. JO-Binho says:

i don’t understand the issue of leaving ozil out of squad please can someone explains it to me

1. Mohsan says:

Bec he did not give away part of his salary to greedy owner and he is honouring his contract which our club wants him to terminate. So they are forcing him out and throwing all the toys out like a spoiled child.

1. Goonster says:

So why do Ozil fans keep whining then?
        Ozil is honouring his contract by not putting in the required efforr he was given that contract for.
        He is getting his wages each week. Itโ€™s not like Arsenal stopped paying him since 2018-19.
        He is getting paid fully for being a bum and his supporters keep crying for more.
        Smh

1. Mohsan says:

So who is the looser in this case, club and clueless supporters like you. Who jump to take high morale ground when it suits you. It’s not only about money club should show some class, all players sitting out there would look at this situation and think I am not going a club who do this to their own player. When no one forced them to hand out the contract in first occasion. It gives the club bad name.

23. NWL Dan says:

Man. Leno just clattered Luiz and dropped the ball again.

As long as it’s not a clanger ๐Ÿ˜„

1. NWL Dan says:

It could of been. Luckily it wasn’t a crowded box. Leno needs to put some evo-stick on his gloves.

1. A J says:

Brilliant save with his feet by Leno early doors.

Taught as a kid, when you come for a cross take the lot – Leno did, good keeping.

Penalty on Saka – nailed on.

AMN – very poor.

Pepe remains a worry.

Overall playing well, should be ahead.

2. SueP says:

Iโ€™m making those clanger noises!๐Ÿ™ƒ

I wondered what that noise was ๐Ÿ˜†

2. Kenya 001 says:

Saw that no wonder he punches most of crosses into the box! Hopefully he improves on his weakness

24. Roachie says:

Is it just me that whenever Elneny picks the ball up in midfield and turns it reminds me of playing fifa 93?

93?! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

25. Rory johnson says:

Sooner martinelli is back the better!! Saka has had a great first half, definitely the stand out player for me, wee mans a class act ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

26. RW1 says:

45 mins of proof why itโ€™s pointless keeping mketiah Nelson willock and kolasinac … mainland niles was awful but heโ€™s a utility player so useful … at this moment our midfield squad is bottom half quality at best … Pepe isnโ€™t getting enough of ball but no delivery … saka a different quality to all of them

27. Declan says:

So many negative vibes on here tonight.
    Please everyone stop moaning and support the Arsenal.

1. Rory johnson says:

I know Declan, People dwelling on the negatives, just getting more toxic over time, you would think we were getting thumped 5-nil lol

1. Declan says:

Yes Rory we are playing a decent team and just because a few moves go wrong the moaning minnies are losing their sh1t.

1. RW1 says:

LOL .. its two second teams … though as far as I can tell we have more players likely to start (they made 11 changes from their last epl game!!!) … so itโ€™s a good opportunity to make judgements of players that might be called on over the season in bigger games than this … which is what you should be doing rather than mouthing tribal platitudes

1. Rory johnson says:

Well you would be right if this was the start of this toxicity but it’s not is it!? People on here have been getting progressively more and more toxic, looking at negatives and not praising any positives (lots of people on here literally never post ANYTHING positive) it’s just exhausting, and no need to be so triggered pal.

1. RW1 says:

Obviously there is a very thin line between toxicity and objectivity in your world … phaps you need to get more triggered … whatever that means!!

2. Kondwani Tyson says:

Maybe am watching different arsenal cause for me Nelson and Saka played well in the first half

1. SueP says:

Well I wish I was watching
        Itโ€™s horrible not having live football

1. Declan says:

Iโ€™m watching on Carabao.com cost a tenner though๐Ÿ™‚

Sod that, Hesgoal is free!!

1. SueP says:

I need to remember that

28. AUBA_14 says:

Willock and AMN are absolute garbage!!!
    Why the didn’t we sell AMN? The guy does one good game and everyone is defending him. He is no Arsenal material period.

1. Sid says:

Similar to one bad performance and you attacking him?

1. Kenya 001 says:

๐Ÿ‘

2. Goonster says:

I have never seen the hype in AMN.
      But it seems like many people rate him.
      I might be looking at things differently.
      He is bang average player. Squad player at best.my opinion of course.

3. A J says:

@Auba_14

I’m sitting here thinking there are no words for how poor AMN is !

Another player judged over a short burst of games, and not consistency of performance.

Overall should be ahead.

29. All Gunz Blazin' says:

I’ve been trying to understand how Nelson was rated as the best player of his generation because if it is true, then it means our Academy is truly messed up. As for Willock, I’ll keep my opinion (but i can assure you it’s filled with expletives)

30. Gily says:

That rough massaging on Saka would be a penalty kick against Arsenal all day long.

31. Sid says:

Umm, we playing well or shit? Cant infer much from the Arsenal site.

1. Rory johnson says:

Sportsbay.org watch it on there bud, www. In front of it ๐Ÿ‘ not playing totally terrible but not great either, slightly edging it I’d say, saka has been great

1. Sid says:

Thanks Rory.

1. Rory johnson says:

No worries bud ๐Ÿ‘Š

2. David says:

Average so far. Saka the only bright spot

1. Sid says:

Hope we improve. Thanks for the update๐Ÿ‘

3. Goonster says:

We are playing okay. We have been the better side in the first half but Leicester got a foot hold in the last 10 minutes or so. It seems to me like we are running out of gas. Nketiah looks like he has just run a 6 hour marathon.
      Willock nonexistent. Seems like he is out of breath.
      Elney doing his job in there. But he is so blunt. Sideways passing as always.
      Pepe might as well have stayed home.
      Kolasinac has spend 80% of his time doing square or back passes whenever in possession. Leno looks a bit shaky.
      Only Saka and Luiz have done good.
      Nelson also doing a tiny bit better but we need more.

Not the best or worst I have seen us play. I
      Would rate the first half 6/10.

32. snowden says:

I am watching this live. Its a good game despite the fact we seem intent on playing ‘loserball’.

33. Bol says:

Pepeโ€™s body language and nonchalant attitude might be his downfall. He needs to wake up

34. RSH says:

Fine game, good from Saka and Nelson(who i wish did score that chance), but Pepe needs to step up yet again. Being outshone by the youngsters. I know the type of ball he wants, and it’s the ball in space to his left foot that he got so much in France. But you wont get that space in England. Needs to step up, take some initiative. Always feels like he is just waiting for the right type of ball and is rarely even in the position to receive it. And when he does he usually over-dribbles.

35. GunnerSince2004 says:

Eddie Nketia’s reaction to that own goal despite us going 1-0 up is classic ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

36. Declan says:

Carabao.com
    Playing great football at present.

Kolasinac is actually going forward with the ball…. I hope you all saw it ๐Ÿ˜‚

1. Declan says:

I thought I was seeing things Sue๐Ÿง๐Ÿค“

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

2. Kstix says:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸคฃMe too. Sue maybe he’s catching a glimpse of his inner Marcelo afterall. Good to have won tonight. Up next Liverpool

He must have heard you, Kstix!! He was very Marcelo-esque at times ๐Ÿ˜
          Excellent result ๐Ÿ‘

1. Kstix says:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

2. NWL Dan says:

Surprised he didn’t get a nose bleed being so high up the pitch.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ love it, Dan!!!

All that talk of Nelson going on loan and he’s played well tonight… always the way!!

1. Gily says:

Sue you sure love the win.
      Every time I watch Nelson, I see a lot of good things I don’t think a lot of others see. Imo he’s almost the same thing with Sancho but that confidence.

๐Ÿ‘ He played very well, Gily and was unlucky not to have bagged a brace!!

39. Hez says:

Man doesnt like this guy copying his air cut

40. Declan says:

Bellerins shorts๐Ÿค”and his shirt tucked ๐Ÿคฃin and boom 2 nil

1. Sid says:

Copying KT maybe๐Ÿ˜‚

2. Gily says:

Looked like a player from the 20th century.๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

It’s the in look ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

41. Gily says:

Nervy but done and dusted.
    Another win away from home.
    Granted Arsenal became weaker after the substitutions.

42. Chuxzzy1 says:

Lets keep the winning mentality going

43. NWL Dan says:

Not a solid performance but good result. We were strong on the left. Not much coming from the right.
    Good showing from Bellerin’s shorts.

44. Sid says:

Good game by Nelson from what I saw. For the second goal their keeper has no business raising his hands after not trying to collect the ball so close infront of him. Good one by Nketiah though.

1. Gily says:

Nelson is good.
      That keeper was transfixed for the second goal.

1. Sid says:

Yeah, surprised with the toepoke๐Ÿ˜‚

45. Herbz says:

Three things I’d like to reiterate to fans,,,

1. Taking Nelson on loan is just simply USELESS… He’s workrate/closing down defenders alone is only comparable to Willian in the squad.

2. Luiz is the BEST defender at the club. Like it or not.

3. Leno just needs to work on his timing of crosses b’se in that one aspect, he’s simply garbage.

1. Gily says:

Like Iwobi, the only thing Nelson needs to work on is goalscoring. Every other necessity is above average imo.

1. Mac says:

Some good performances and some rough ones . Nelson started well and has a good shot on him , but faded, descent first game . Luiz was top notch . Saka is so consistent for a young fella . Bellerin had a nice cameo . The rest were pretty ave . I dont think ozil will play before the window shuts but not playing him after that is cutting off yr nose to spite yr face . Six on the trot , seven after the weekend ๐Ÿ˜‚