Pundit claims Arsenal target is a taller faster version of Mesut Ozil

Former Liverpool forward turned pundit Don Hutchison has hailed high-profile Arsenal target, Kai Havertz as a faster version of Mesut Ozil.

Havertz has been linked with a move to Arsenal and a host of other Premier League teams ahead of the next transfer window.

The German will be a hot property when the transfer window reopens, and he has continued to enhance his reputation as the German League restarted two weekends ago.

He has scored in the two fixtures that he has played for his side so far and continues to deliver performances that are beyond his age.

Hutchison is the latest individual to sing his praises, and he even claimed that the youngster is a “Taller, faster version of Mesut Ozil”.

He claimed that the player is too good for Bayer Leverkusen before backing him to enter the first team of most elite European teams.

‘I think he’s far too good for Leverkusen. I think he goes to the very biggest clubs in Europe and I think he walks into most sides,’ he told ESPN FC

‘He’s certainly got to fight for his place but the talent’s there at 20 years of age.

‘The one player I would liken him to is a taller, faster version of Mesut Ozil. I think he plays off the left-hand side, through the middle, he’s predominantly left-footed, he’s very silky, easy on the eye.

‘So again, yes Liverpool would be a great fit, but even Barca rate him that highly they are willing to trade three players for him.’

Tags Kai Havertz Mesut Ozil

1. RSH says:

He’s not better than Ozil at his peak. He needs to achieve something before he gets compared to world cup winners perhaps.

1. Robert Acedius says:

The problem with Ozil is that he have “peaked”. To try a travesty on Sir Paul McCartney: He’s not half the man he used to be, good old Mesut. And kid Havertz look talented.

2. Shakir says:

I am hearing many things about him.Tbh i have not watched him play but many are calling him a world class player already.So shows that he is talented.
    I am just wishing good for anyone and about him being taller,faster version of mesut,then u would be his biggest fan😉

1. Shakir says:

*i would be his biggest fan

3. Gily says:

Each day, a new report, and everyone is getting linked to Arsenal.
    I’m just tired.

4. Sarmmie says:

I haven’t seen an actual game of his, but when insaw his clips, i said it here that he looks like Ozil to me, only that he scores and marks much more.

But the way he gets out of tight situations with just one flick and his touches as well touch makes him look like Ozil to me. I know we may not be able to fight for his signature, but if Arteta wants him and Raul can just work his magic, I’d be delighted.

5. Grandad says:

He has everything that Ozil had plus pace, energy, and goal scoring ability.A truly terrific young attacking midfielder who will probably go to Bayern or Barca as Messi rates him very highly .Would love to see him in the EPL , perhaps with Man City as a direct replacement for the wonderful David Silva.Too expensive for us I’m afraid.