Reliable source claims Arsenal want one more signing

The Arsenal Horse has emerged as a reliable source in recent seasons, and boast a record of 29 breaking news stories that have all proved to be true, and zero reports having been proved untrue.

The Twitter account claims to have lifted the lid on a number of transfers, and this summer, has shot to the top of the list of reliable Arsenal sources, and even beat Sky Sports to the announcement of a number of stories, including when Mustafi was set to arrive for his medical.

The Horse has now claimed that after the completions of Mustafi and Lucas Perez, they are still working on one more deal, but there is no guarantee of success of course.

Who they could be trying to sign is a conundrum however, with Miguel Almiron’s move from Lanus appearing to be off, and Marcelo Brozovic’s agent has claimed his client is now staying with Inter, and will sign a new contract when he returns from international duty.

The betting markets have been difficult to analyse, but a market has reopened with us as 5/4 (2.25) favourites to sign Riyad Mahrez this summer, with Chelsea quoted as the same price to strike a deal.

Griezmann remains a 5/2 (3.5) shot to make the switch from Atletico Madrid, while Daniel Sturridge has shortened in price from 7/1 (8.0) this morning, into 4/1.

The Liverpool man is said to have an awkward relationship with Jurgen Klopp currently, and has so far been used sparingly by the German boss.

Who could you see Arsenal landing before the window closes?

Pat J

Tags Arsenal Sturridge The Arsenal Horse

1. pubgooner says:

Messi

1. ArsenalDave says:

I hope you’re right Pubster!

I beleive we have enquired about his services in the past? (It’ll never happen)

2. pubgooner says:

Would be very happy with Sturridge. That would be perfect!

1. gooners97 says:

then we have to prepare one more wheelchair in our treatment room

1. bran99 says:

Jack gave his for his international team mate

3. Big G says:

If we get Sturridge does that mean we get rid of Welbeck ?

4. Ronny331 says:

Weird seeing jack roll up at Bournemouth, and serge leaving with a tear in eye 🙁 slimani in, mahrez to us?

5. Uzi Ozil says:

I don’t know the player we gonna sign today. I don’t think we will sign any body but if Griezzzzzzzzzzzman wants Arsenal, then I say Ohhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhh!

6. RSH says:

he said this after widespread reports of Mustafi coming in, but it hadn’t happened yet. Just trying to cover his backside now. He said “player x” instead of naming Mustafi because Ornstein hadn’t said anything, but other sources like Sky had. He’s generally just tweeted what Ornstein says a few hours later.

7. Ronny331 says:

Ot I’d like to pay tribute to kirsty Gallagher makes the day more pleasurable 🙂

8. Twig says:

Adebayor.

For backups.

9. sakthgan says:

Many gave thumbs down for me , for my last comment!! lol

Again i personally feel sturridge would be a great addition and IT many happen!!
    IF will hughes comes for cheap, buy him for future!!

1. ArsenalDave says:

I do rate him but would worry about injuries as both us and him are suspect in that area

10. funkyrith says:

Gnabry’s sell, if without buyback, could be a mistake. Keeping him with a good deal would have been enough for me. Max Meyer is making waves with 40M price tag, Gnabry was not far behind in Olympics, he could have grown here
    I am happy for Chambers and Jack

11. Bobbyraz says:

I hate the international brake, I am super excited to see all our new recruits

12. Twig says:

We could actually win the league with this lineup. Smiles.

_________Sturridge
    ______Perez Ozil Sanchez
    ________Xhaka Coquelin
    Monreal Koscielny Mustafi Bellerin
    __________Cech

1. Juhislihis McLovin says:

Sturridge is a fantastic player. BUT he can’t stay fit to save his life.

Do we really need company for Welbeck and Wilshere? Oh damn, Wilshere moved to Bournemouth, so I guess there is room at the medical department!

1. Twig says:

Our medical personnel are world class. They should be able to bring him up to peak fitness!

13. atid says:

I think it all depends on if Debuchy leaves, if he does I think anymore signings are likely to be a player that can play right back and right wing.

14. Raoh says:

Draxler for me as it would justify the loan of Campbell & the sale of Gnabry…He is a true winger but can be converted as CF in the long run somebody we’ve been watching for 2 years now and seems not only keen on an exit from Wolfsburg but keen on Arsenal.
    He is also a great fit for the way we want to play & Wenger is a known admirer for the player. Or maybe a defender like Kostas!
    That would be my icing on the cake!

1. tedblue2 says:

Keep dreaming!! Lol!!

15. RSH says:

Times almost up, if we were making a move we would’ve heard about it by now. The Sturridge rumours are just websites trying to get a few extra clicks. None of them are reliable sources. After yesterday, I really don’t care we get nobody today. Only a world class player could add to the squad right now anyways.

16. The12thMan says:

I think our business is done. there is less than 4 hours to go until the window closes and if no substantive whispering can be heard coming out the Emirates at this late stage of the day then I doubt we will get any surprises. Happy to be proven wrong tho

17. ArsenalDave says:

We specialise in last second deals, somebody was even anounced at 1.30am a few years back!

18. Fatboy Gooney says:

Arsenal are about to sign a New…. Tea lady! ?

1. Fatboy Gooney says:

No joy!
      Tea Lady rejects Wenger’s offer of £1.50ph ?

1. rd_gunner says:

rofl..that is just too much.

I think we are good. Sturridge’s fitness is a big issue and Liverpool will never sell to a direct rival.

Excited to see our new recruits in action. Let’s hope again that we are lucky this season with injuries !