Its time to SELL, LOAN and BUY again! by Brighton Manyex
Last season has been the most forgettable one…why? Because it was poor and what caused it to be so was undoubtedly the type of players Mr Wenger had to endure.
But I feel this season we must start to do things right! We tried to do well in our transfer window of lately with the acquisition of a GK, CB, RB and 2DMs, although I am not really impressed by the option of going for Matteo Guendouzi instead of Steven Nzonzi – that still baffles my mind! I am afraid our midfield will be bullied around by tall and physical teams. it’s just my opinion though!
Last season I was not impressed by…
● Any of our Goalkeepers, although Ospina never had enough time to be tried. Hence this season they can all be released for a fee – after all it’s a bargain if Cech can be sold, and Ospina should be sold for quite something significant above the £10million we are hearing. He is a World Cup hero by the way!
● Our Defence – with it being the worst in the league! Thanks to the strike force we survived relegation and secured Europa league. And I thought we were going to get ourselves a proper replacement for Per Mertesacker as Rob Holding is still nervous and clumsy and he should be LOANED for experience.
Chambers is just slow, although he is good to me he has no speed, but we may need him because he is a native. Mustafi is a good defender who just needs to have his confidence boosted. Mavropanos is OK with me so far, he impressed in the Man United game, he is a plus! Koscielny is out for the whole season and Osei-tutu is in for him which is fine to support our Academy. Hence we needed not just one signing in defence but two.
● Left-back has been our challenge last season and we had to employ Maitland-Niles in that position because Monreal was injured and Kolasinac was a disappointment in there. Although Monreal became our star for the season he is now ageing and we need to make serious investments in that position! Arsenal should look into the Crystal Palace Dutchman Van Aanholt as a replacement there, he is a beast of a young man!
● Our achilles heels has been the Defensive Midfield. And this window we are being linked to quality players, thankfully one is already in, Lucas Torreira, and we are left with Steven Nzonzi! Yes Guendouzi is good but needs some time. To me Mohammed Elneny and Xhaka have been disappointments although Xhaka – sometimes he would show some brilliance – but he just needs some consistency and some competition!
● Central Midfield or Playmakers or Attacking Midfielders have been a challenge of late, with Aaron Ramsey being injured most of the time, Mesut Ozil choosing games and being weak and moody and Jack Wilshere just uncharacteristically not doing well. Now that Jack is not there are we sure these 2 can be relied upon? With Ramsey’s contract issues and Andre Gomes on the loose or James Rodriguez there we can exploit the market in time! Or even opt to have Mikhtharyan in that position and not buy any! And have the money for the much needed Winger or another DM (Nzonzi).
● Attacking Winger is a much needed man at the moment…we can’t be using Danny Welbeck and Alex Iwobi anymore. We tried that and it failed dismally! Some without remorse they were partying till late before games, when we expected them to respect us fans and be professionals. I strongly feel both players should be released and we buy a better, direct, offensive and aggressive player e.g. Gareth Bale, Ousmane Dembele (on loan), Douglas Costa or Coman or activate Julian Draxler!
TO BE SOLD: Petr Cech (£15mil), David Ospina(£12mil), Nacho Monreal (£20mil) or Sead Kolasinac (£15mil), Aaron Ramsey (£40mil) (if not signed), Alex Iwobi (£20mil), Danny Welbeck (£25mil), Chuba Akpom (£2mil), Carl Jenkinson (£2mil)
TO BE LOANED: Rob Holding, Mohammed Elneny, Adelaide, Matt Macey
OTHER PLAYERS IN: (GK) Yamm Sommer (£15mil), (CB) Caglar Soyuncu (£25mil) optional if we are bringing another DM he is not necessary… (DM) Steven Nzonzi (£30mil) (AW)…(£45mil) options above!
●Young exciting players we have now are; Reiss-Nelson, Maitland-Niles, Joe Willock, Rowe-Smith, Eddie Nketiah, Konstaninos Mavropanos and Matteo Guendouzi. They all need guidance and leaders!
We still have business in the market please! Gunners for life! Go on Unai Emery we got your back man, and the board should let the man do his thing. No restrictions! With my little breakdown there we can sell and buy and still have profit and a reasonable budget for salaries! Come on Our Board we can do this!