Unsettled Odegaard could make an unexpected return to Arsenal

Martin Odegaard could make a sensational return to Arsenal for the 2021/2022 season after returning to Real Madrid.

The Norway captain was in fine form for the Gunners in the second half of last season when he was at the Emirates on loan from Madrid.

The Gunners made it clear that they wanted to retain him and have maintained their interest in his signature.

However, he wants to have a successful career at Real and has prioritised breaking into Carlo Ancelotti’s squad for the upcoming season.

In a boost to Arsenal’s chances of landing him, it seems all isn’t well with the Norwegian back in Spain.

Cadena SER is reporting that he has not looked happy on his return as he prepares for the upcoming season with his Madrid teammates.

The report says he has looked disconnected from what is happening at Madrid and the option of a return to Arsenal is still very much open for him at the moment.

Arsenal will jump at the chance to bring Odegaard back to the Emirates and will hope this report is true and that he asks to leave Madrid again.

Arsenal has targeted several midfielders in this transfer window, but the availability of Odegaard could change their plans.

Tags Martin Odegaard

1. Gio says:

am i the only one, who see nothing special about odegaard?
    I think hes an average players

1. guy says:

capable of the odd sublime game but he’s too inconsistant – most weeks it would be like having Ozil back in the team!

2. Dan kit says:

Abraham on loan apparently !
    Ramsdale for 25 mill
    And now bloody Odegaard
    This is what happens when you finish 8th for 2 years running ,the top players do not want to come and play the football we have been served up for the last 18 months and with no European football the odds decrease every season we are out of the top 4 ,this could be a long way back up .
    Money should have been spent getting in a top top manager not wasting funds transfer window after transfer window .
    Abraham on loan 😂😂😂😂SMFH

3. Sean says:

We need more than Martin but if it’s a loan deal to have the option to buy then by all means welcome back Ødegaard 👌🔥 if he shines then he is into his last year of his deal in Madrid we can get him alot cheaper next season permantly and use funds elsewhere to strengthen this summer

Plus he would want to stay I believe anyway if he returns, did he not say he wants to settle and fits the type of profile attacker we need and can make better? He is only 22.

Lokonga a great replacement for Matteo as I wanted him to return but happy with this exchange. Taveres will be a good back up for Tierney also.

This ben white deal has me puzzled, £50m!!! Really? We need to sell then Chambers, Bellerin & Kolasnic just to fund that deal. Saliba was there to start playing alongside Gabriel when hes ready and settled at the club, Holding did really well last season.

Anyway let’s hope for more deals when Xhaka & Bellerin leave. I’d keep Niles to play RB.

1. Stephanie says:

Yep £50 mil seems excessive. Maybe not in the long term but at the moment we have limited funds

But whatever. If he comes ill support him

4. Jimmer says:

Don’t want him now as Arsenal is just a fall back option if he doesn’t get a look in @ Real Madrid. Let’s go after players that actually want to play for the club no matter what.

5. Reggie says:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Pco says:

Forget odegaard! He’s not what we need.

7. guy says:

Agreed guys – for a long time I really hoped we would keep Odegaard, but not now:
    – he only ever had two really good games for us. Often pretty but ineffective. Wondered then about consistency and whether he would add that much
    – if he cant be bothered at RM it reflects badly on his attitude. Top players play every game hard regardless
    – he made his choice to stay at RM. We were second choice shows he wont guarantee loyalty. he’s mucking us about too much
    – we have meantime looked at lots of other players and theyre as good as him but cheaper.
    So NO from me too!

1. siamois says:

You’re right he had a run of 2-3 good games and was starting to kick on but then got injured on international duties which I believe stopped his progress if he were to come back he wouldn’t need time to adapt.

8. JW says:

I cannot believe it.

This kid is quickly becoming the proverbial bad penny.

Stories like this make me want to see us go out and buy a Neves or Bissouma immediately, just to close the book on our midfield. (We still don’t know if Xhaka will be leaving).

We play Brentford in our first league game in just over two weeks, and it seems we will play the same team against them that we finished last season with.

What a great transfer window we have had so far!!!

I do not esp rate Odegaard and am surprised that MA seems so set on him. Just two top games all the time we had him last season and other than that he looked nothing special at all. I’d far prefer Aouar!

1. Skills1000 says:

Yes Jon. I prefer Aouar. 30m pounds should get him.
      Maddisson at 60m pounds and 200K per week will be a waste. Overpriced

2. RFrancis says:

To the “surprised” section of the fanbase, we welcome the latest member, the one and only, Mr Jon Fox!

RFrancis you are not in the surprised section of our fanbase but in the agenda ridden section who are determined never to support our manager. nor our club.
        You are a fan – a self entitled one in fact- but you are NOT a SUPPORTER!
        I write precisely as I think on each particular issue and without any agenda except supporting our club, whereas you ALWAYS write with your obvious sack MA agenda and that is not what a true “supporter” does.

I assume by the way you write and by the fact that you are a self entitled fan that you are very young and unless you tell me I am wrong – which I much doubt – that would account for your OBVIOUS fan immaturity.

10. Assndir says:

All these comments slating Odegaard just make me laugh. For a start, he came in the second half of the season, settling into a new team and had no prem experience. I for one DO NOT want James Maddison as he is overpriced and is not the midfielder we need. We have that already in the Smith.

Odegaard is a more Ozil type player In the sense he makes well placed passes. Like jon fox I would prefer both Aouar and Odegaard over Maddison.

Assndir, I did NOT say , nor do I agree, that Aouar would be a better player than MADDISON.
      I SIMPLY ACCEPT THAT MADDISON IS NOT A REALISTIC TARGET AND FOR PRICE REASONS ALONE, which is why I did not mention him.

11. Biscuitbum says:

I would love Odegaard to come, but it simply aint gonna happen. It’s tiresome to hear that the player would like to return to us, then someone writes that he is determined to fight for a first team spot at Madrid, then we hear that Real may, MAY be prepared to sell. I do hope that Edu and Arteta aren’t wasting too much time on this one.

12. GunneRay says:

I really do get the feeling Arsenal are mainly looking at loan options. The biggest problem is that they can’t move players out. Not many club interested in calibre of the players we have. Quite likely to start this season with at least 90% of the squad we had last season. 🤔🙄

13. The-Real-Vieira-Lynn-4ever says:

Welcome to Arsenal, home of the “big boys” sloppy seconds and table scraps

14. Andrew Elder says:

I think that our management is transfixed on RM cast-offs, all we’re doing is reducing they’re wage bill. Remember Ceballos? I would prefer Maddison but agree, like most English players, he’s too expensive. My point being Kane priced at £200m by the Spuds after seeing him in the Euros even half that price is too much! We should be BUYING not loaning and I’m sure there are good young midfielders available who can develop with us for the long term.

I’m still scratching my head, £50m+ for White? If he’s worth that money why aren’t the big clubs offering CL football going for him. I hope for the club’s sake he justifies that fee.

15. Aru machuar says:

This guy can’t change any thing in Arsenal squad coz he is very slow and not even creative. Please we still need a creative midfielder

16. elesias says:

they should go for good manager not players