Video – Kolasinac risks his life to save Ozil and himself from muggers

With a headline like that it can easily be taken as clickbait but not on this occasion, this genuinely happened.

A video has emerged showing Saed Kolasinac jumping out of a jeep that contained himself and Mesut Ozil and fought off two knife-wielding scumbags.

Watch the video and you will see that we are not exaggerating when we say he risked his life.

Ozil sought sanctuary in nearby Turkish restaurant following the cowardly attack

This could have been so much worse if it was not for the heroics of Kola, he has proven himself to be a true hero, he is not a man you mess with.

Who knows what would have happened if he did nothing, maybe the muggers would have just taken the vehicle and left them shaken. But in this day and age when children are getting stabbed, we could easily be reading how two Arsenal footballers have been stabbed to death.

What we know for certain is that Kiolasinac put his life on the line to defend himself and his team mate and for that he has my total respect.

1. RSH says:

Wow, don’t even know what to say. Just glad they are okay.

2. aMoistMuffin says:

and people say kolasinac cannot defend… in all seriousness im seriously impressed by his bravery. top man

1. NY_Gunner says:

Epic reply…??

2. RSH says:

Agree. What a guy. Seriously fought them off by himself, and could’ve lost his life.

3. Faj says:

Kolasinac defends by attacking

Kolasinac, my hero

1. Mobella says:

Kaptain America sorry Kaptain Arsenal. Who needs new defenders when we HulKsinac?????

Nice one, Mobella ????

1. SensibleStan says:

Ozil using park assist while leaving the defending too kola,glad they are both ok!

4. Innit says:

Glad they are okay and safe.
    Kolsanic was very brave.
    Glad both Ozil and Kolsanic weren’t injured.
    But still sell Ozil!!!

5. Lenohappy says:

Kolasinac the defender, and yet some he can’t defend to save his own life.Joke apart that (i don’t even know what to call him) should be jailed.

6. Abbas says:

Did Ozil drive off and leave Kola??????

1. Ojay says:

My thoughts exactly

1. GunneRay says:

Ozil? Give up and not fight for the cause? Does that sound like Ozil to you!?

1. Declan says:

Ozil was in the car with his wife and Kola was in the back.
          Hero Kola.?

7. Durand says:

Kola >>> scumbag with knife.

Kola is a beast, can’t believe a mere mortal with a knife thought that would be enough against Kola.

Says a lot about the man, to defend himself and his friend and possibly risking his life.

#kolathelegend

8. S says:

Now he better defend on a football pitch

9. Sean Williams says:

Brave man Kolasinac. If they catch the two thugs, I wouldn’t want to be them. If 100,000 Arsenal supporters got hold of them they would be toast.

1. Lugdush says:

London is too dangerous mesut. Maybe you could go to turkey… there’s not a chance you and ur wife pass through that nightmare

10. Goona says:

Actually,I think i would have been very disappointed if the tank had NOT fought them off.The is so Kola,look at the guy.
    Him and maybe Papastapoulos could fight anyone,make that everyone

11. ThirdManJW says:

Glad they’re both okay, but typical Ozil shying away from a tough situation. Huge respect for Kola, so brave protecting Ozil and his wife.

12. ozziegunner says:

A bit harsh criticising Ozil, when he was with his wife and from the video, it all happened very quickly.
    From his quick reaction and ability shown, Kolasinac obviously grew up in a similar neighbourhood to me. Respect!

13. 350oz says:

What’s wrong with you people criticising Ozil in that kind of situation?? It isn’t some Holywood crap movies.
    From what I read, after he ran to the restaurant, the staff ran out into the street and helped chase away the attackers.

14. LUIS says:

With Socrates Papa, Kolasinic would have made a good tug team against those bad boys. True hero.

15. Lol! Ozil ditched Kolasinac and sped off!

1. Goonster says:

Did he also leave his wife in the car when he ran off?

16. Kody says:

Glad they are all fine.
    Not to be a insensitive but the contrast is massive. In tough times one runs away / hides while the other rolls up their sleeves and man up.
    Join Kola and try to fend them off instead of leaving him to do it alone. Man up.

1. Bruce Lee says:

Easy for you to say while hiding behind your computer screen eh?

1. Koddy says:

It happened to me when I was 11 years old. Idiots snatched my mum’s handbag and tried to rip her necklace off, the necklace chain was very strong and would not break but they kept pulling it while it choked and dug into her skin. I did not run for my dear life, i kicked, slapped, punched, screamed, shouted and bit them even it did little to save my mum’s property.
        Life is not easy. Can’t keep running every time you are faced with a tough situation. Just saying.

1. Bruce Lee says:

Sorry to hear your story but Ozil didn’t run away. As usual comments have been made without knowing the facts just as you have commented. The car contained both players and their wives and after the first confrontation all four drove off together chased for a mile and ended up at the restaurant together to take refuge. Ozil did not leave the scene as you falsely state. Apology due from you.

17. Tommogun58 says:

WOW I cannot believe what some of you people are saying about Ozil in this situation,his wife was in the car for god sake.
    I have been very critical of his performances for Arsenal but i cannot blame him for protecting his new wife from these low lifes.
    As for Saed, well I wouldn’t want to upset him well done mate what a man.
    Can it be that we have finally found a leader and new captain, put him in the centre of midfield, the new Veierra.

1. Declan says:

I know mate, a lot of people on here being all Jason Statham with their keyboards but most of them would have crapped their pants in the same situation.

18. ArsenalGR says:

Kola the Tank has just added to his rep once more. Hopefully he can bring these reflexes on the pitch too. Özil must have thought, he was too big a player to risk his health like Kola. I don’t know how I would react in the same situation, though. My heart says “attack them”, but my mind says “stay in the car”. Kola could have been seriously hurt, had the thieves been more precise on their movement. Glad that both our players didn’t get hurt.

Among all the sound and fury and silly comments about “Ozil running away whilst Kolas chased the scumbags away”, what actually matters is what effect this incident has, if any major long term effect, on Ozils content to live in London and therefore stay at Arsenal. Of course we ALL care about the two players and Ozils wife who were caught up in this nightmare BUT instead of bravado and immature posts by some Gooners, we ought to be thinking about the ramifications of this for our club. Personally, I very much doubt that this will make a significant difference to Ozil and Kolas in terms of wanting out of London and Arsenal. The sad truth is that the world is filled with sad and pathetic losers who see crime as a way out of their own personal low IQ and inadequacy. This could equally well have happened in Germany, France, Turkey, Brazil(esp Brazil!) or almost anywhere else on Earth where football is worshipped. Sad but true!

1. Kenny Rolfe says:

There’s been some stupid comments on these pages about Ozil losing his nerve. You must remember Ozil’s wife was in the car with him and he had to stay with her to protect her. I’m sure Kola said something like “stay with your wife, I’ll sought them out” and he certainly did. A very brave act especially with both attackers holding blades. Piers Morgan has called for Arsenal to give Kola the captaincy of the club. I should imagine with the massive respect that the players have for Kola, that’s an excellent shout and one I’m firmly behind.

20. Ozil fights on the street like he does on the pitch! Kola took the jackers by surprise with his direct and aggressive stance whilst ozil sat shaking in the car like a little boy!
    I do hope lola told him to drive off as it seems he did then abandoned the car and ran to the restaurant.

21. 350oz says:

Whoa, I read another article and I can say this one’s timeline is messed up, almost intended to frame Ozil as a coward. The true scene is like this:
    1. The attackers tried to hijack the car
    2. Kolasinac fought the attackers (the video above)
    3. He then entered the car again and Ozil drove while being chased for about a mile and then stopped at the turkish restaurant.
    4. THEY abandoned the car and entered the restaurant, asking for help
    5. The staff ran out into the street and the attackers ran away.

…and please don’t make fun of this situation. The police instruction is to run away from any threat. The last thing I want is someone following Kolasinac’s heroic and die/injured.