Video Opinion – Mourinho to Tottenham is good for Arsenal and Poch is welcome at the Emirates

There is a clear divide among Gooners over the consequences for Arsenal following the managerial changes at Tottenham.

I have already made my view clear on here about Mauricio Pochettino becoming the Arsenal manager. I am absolutely against it.

I also believe that Jose Mourinho taking the helm at Tottenham is bad for Arsenal. However, a lot of Arsenal fans take the absolute opposite view.

This video from The Gooner Talk covers these subjects and while I disagree with almost everything they are saying about Pochettino and Mourinho it is still worth a watch.

The video touches on other Arsenal related subjects and is not purely about what has happened down the road.

Maureen was lucky because Man United gave him tall monsters, such as Pogba, Matic, Bailly, McTominay, Lukaku, Smalling, Jones and Fellaini

Those towering monsters are very useful to score in set-pieces with their headers, but he doesn’t have many tall players like that at Tottenham

2. ThirdManJW says:

The simple truth is that we’ve missed out on yet another world class manager, to keep mediocrity. We missed out on Pep, and Klopp, to keep Wenger, and now Mourinho, to keep Emery.

I wonder if our club will EVER learn from their mistakes.

Mourinho should never be an option. He might be able to give us an instant trophy, but he usually leaves the club in a mess

Arsenal have to find a manager that can create a good system for the club, as a blueprint to build upon

1. ThirdManJW says:

Whilst I agree with you about Mourinho, you have to admit our club is in a huge mess anyway, and has been for a good 8 years at the very least.

2. GunneRay says:

Mourinho is an egotistical big headed over bloated grumpy old man with dated managerial skills!

The worst thing that Arsenal could do is to hire his services. He failed at Utd because his ego was bigger than Pogba’s and, a few more..

No thanks. But Poch on the other hand, I would rather see him at Arsenal right now. He’s energetic and “very” tactical! I think it went wrong at the spuds because of the new stadium, lack of funds and player pressure!

1. ThirdManJW says:

If failer is 3 trophies (including a European trophy), back-to-back Champions League qualification, and a 2nd place finish in the league, in 2 full seasons…then that’s the kind of failure I’d love to see at Arsenal.

Quarter of a century since we last won a European trophy by the way.

3. Ddog says:

This Mourinho fantasising is really funny to me. Times are hard at Arsenal and I understand that we want a quick get out of jail solution. But Mourinho’s days at the top are behind him, he’s still a great manager, but he is not a forward step. He is the regressive choice, a stop gap. He may get us fourth but he won’t make Arsenal into a team that can compete with Liverpool and city. It’ll be 3 years thrown away.

4. TH14-TW14 says:

You missed out on Pep and Klopp. You overate yourselves. I blame Wenger for not dumping your sorry arse long ago to seek out for himself. You think Pep and Klopp would have joined you on your poundland transfer budget?

3. Mourinho will take them very far in the champions league no doubt! The league as well they will become a problem for most teams. This is very bad in the short term but eventually Mourinho will start squabbling with Levy and the physios and everyone and we will enjoy their implosion 😀

1. GunneRay says:

You’re right Quantic about the longevity!

The bad thing is, is that Levy has been “Proactive” in making sure that the Spuds can get some momentum under a new manager, now, before Xmas and New Year! This will help the team to reinvigorate and push harder under him. Yes, I’m sure it will work in the interim until the Mourinho honeymoon is over. But by then they will probably have quite a few point over us to do anything about finishing above them?

As for Arsenal, we are of course “reactive”. Usually it’s too late as we Gooners already know! 🙁

1. @GunneRay
        I hope you are wrong about them being ahead of us by Xmas though I feel you are probably right. New manager syndrome + Mourinho factor 😥

4. Hez says:

For such decision you will have to wait for Kronke, and the journey from Westros is a long and treacherous one. Winter is here!

1. Hez says:

The Night king is in the neighbourhood
      The wall will fall!
      Our leader was beheaded, he was too gentlemanly. We need a warrior to lead us

5. Th14 says:

What if Moaninho wins the Champions league with spurs… it is very possible.

1. GunneRay says:

Yeah, right.. And Iwobi was a world class finisher!!

Sue is right dude, “Urgh”. Got one of Xhaka too?

Urgh that picture 🤢

1. GunneRay says:

Hahahahahahaha… 🤣🤣🤣

7. mas says:

for our fans who think arsenal might consider hiring poch, here is what poch said before about arsenal and barcelona:
    “I am never going to be manager of Barcelona or Arsenal because I am so identified with Tottenham and Espanyol,”

8. Daulat says:

All I know is Jose’s first training session with spurs now has surpassed 2 million views in youtube within just 16 hours. Now that’s something.

9. Daulat says:

And I really think, Spurs have just the kind of team Mourinho likes. Imagine Son in Mourinho style counter attack. And Moura, Kane, damn. He would never have come at Arsenal really. Our players are well, a little on the physically frail side to interest Mourinho.

I hate to say this but I’m more excited about the next spurs match rather than the Arsenal match because win or lose, it’s pretty evident what kind of tactics we’ll see under Emery.