What should Arsenal do with Lucas Torreira?

Lucas Torreira has divided opinion among Arsenal fans for a long time now. He was a fan favourite in his first season at the Emirates and one reason why we all warmed up to him at the time was that few of our players had been so dedicated and composed as he was at the time.

However, his second campaign hasn’t been a good one, the fact that he fell out with the manager that signed him shows that perhaps we may have overrated him when he joined.

It is fair to say that he was consistently played out of position, however, good players adapt and it has to be said that Torreira did not.

I think it is time that we cut our losses on the Uruguayan and just let him go. This is because it is becoming more difficult to determine exactly where he actually fits in.

He lacks the physical presence to be an effective box-to-box midfielder, and he is also not creative enough to be our creative midfielder.

I don’t think that he is that important for his agent to go public saying that he wants to leave our club, but I’m happy that there are teams that want to sign him.

Now is the best time to sell him as we can get some much-needed cash to invest in other positions in the summer.

An article from Ime

Tags Lucas Torreira

1. Robert Acedius says:

No Grand National this season, eh… Yeah, I know it’s an old joke, but I’m in mood for it. Have you for instance heard that one about the crown prince out on a horse ride with a young beautiful girl… You have? Oki-doo.

1. Mogunna says:

What da heck are you on bro? Where are you?

2. Mogunna says:

Acedius, yep acid at least!

That poor little sod!! Fancy calling him a jockey, Robert 😄

1. Robert Acedius says:

Madam, I didn’t use that j-word. You did. I didn’t even write Aintree. The j-association is strictly yours. Have a good day.

1. SueP says:

Robert
          You’re a naughty naughty boy
          In a previous post you definitely referred to Torreira as a jockey

OT.. Happy Birthday, Eddie, 21 today!!

3. Jacko says:

Get rid of the sixty minute wonder! We want players who want to play for this great club

4. ahmad73 says:

It’s clear he does not want to be here. Just sell him to the highest bidder. Gueye has had a rather disappointing season at PSG. Proven in EPL. Maybe we should go for him as clearly we don’t have the wherewithals for Partey.

5. Shakir says:

Some gooners are willing to let torreira go but are also wishing for a Ngolo Kante…i cant understand😂

And about torreira,under MA he wass a beast(defensively)

6. Durand says:

Wonder how many of our players actually want to be at Arsenal? As a fan I’d rather see someone play that dreamed of wearing the shirt than someone who views us as a pit stop before his dream move.
    Arteta seems a solid manager, I bet he could do magic with a group committed to Arsenal actually living their dream of playing for us.
    I know its fantasy, but wouldn’t it be something to see?

1. Durand says:

Be nice with your comments Jon Fox, I know your penchant for reality, ha.

2. SueP says:

Well Sheffield Utd and Wolves are proving that a solid manager and a good work ethic can do wonders

7. S.J says:

Torreira should stay put but if he is sold he must be replaced adequately. Cause right now he is the only DM we have maybe Chambers can play that role and grow in it

8. RSH says:

Depends if we can pull off Parety. I doubt he’ll want to stay if he’s not starting (which he really isnt anyways). It’s been an average signing so if there’s room to make a profit I’m all for it.

9. Sarmmie says:

If we sign Partey, I don’t see a reason for us to keep him. But then that also depends on what happens with Ceballos. If we sell him and don’t sign Ceballos permanently, we might have to sign another CM along with Partey.

If Guendouzi can work on his positional awareness and takes one or two less touches, he could be on his way to being a very good midfielder.

10. Wenger91 says:

If he wants to stay I think he will be a better player under Arteta and alongside Partey if he came.

If Ozil and Ceballos left the club we have a lot of empty spaces, he should consider this point.

11. BunduBoy says:

I say keep him. Lucas has proven himself as a world class dm. His no’s were better than Kante’s when he played in that position, those m o m proves this. If anything United has taught us is big names don’t always deliver when brought in. Partey may be great player in Madrid but we don’t know what he’ll do at the Emirates. If the coach and supporters build up Lucas then we may have the beast we signed back!!!