What to expect from Arsenal against Burnley now Aubameyang is back

Arsenal has missed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in their last three fixtures.

The Gabonese attacker who won the Golden boot last season has been Arsenal’s most reliable scorer since he joined and he is always going to be missed when not available.

Now that he is back, Mikel Arteta will obviously put him straight back into the team and here is what I think will happen.

I expect Gabriel Martinelli to be back on the bench now that Aubameyang is back because Arteta seems to favour the partnerships of Aubameyang, Alex Lacazette and Nicolas Pepe.

Martinelli has been in form but Arteta is managing the player’s career well and he understandably doesn’t want fans to start expecting too much too soon from him.

I also expect a goal from Aubameyang in the Burnley game. The Gabonese attacker has scored seven times in his last four matches against the Clarets and they must be sick of him down there.

I don’t expect Pablo Mari to play a part in this game so the return of David Luiz will mean that he and Sokratis Papastathopoulos become the centre back pairing.

Shkodran Mustafi is also back and should be on the bench, however, it is not out of the question that he could also be a surprising starter.

So, in conclusion, now that Aubameyang is back we should see almost the same team that Arteta was fielding before he and David Luiz got suspended and for me, that means three points in the bag from the visit to Turf Moor.

An article from Jacob B

1. Shakir says:

Arsenal must win now,they can make the gap 8 points for the top 4.Leicester is struggling as well so in 2-3 matchweeks the table will look interesting.
    Must mention That 2nd goal from rudiger is superb

COYG

Who’d have thought he’d have been on a hat trick?!!! Was a really good game.

That would be one possibility, but Pepe could be benched too

Auba has scored 7 goals in 4 appearances against Burnley. I’m glad he’s back, although we didn’t do too badly without him. He’s scored 9 of our 14 away goals, so looking good for him scoring tomorrow.

1. SueP says:

Some big matches this weekend Sue
      The table could look very interesting by Sunday night

There sure is, Sue! Very interesting… let’s hope some results go our way and we can close the gap tomorrow! 🤞

ESR has scored and assisted for Huddersfield 👍

1. Admin Martin says:

This will hurt you Sue but absolutely ridiculous second goal from Liverpool. I hate to say it but it was total football.

1. Admin Martin says:

lol, offside. I take that last comment back.

Ings is fouled, no penalty given, surprise surprise, then they go and score!! You’re never getting a penalty at Anfield (the new Old Trafford!)

1. Shakir says:

Even in the first half there was a back pass from robertson to alisson(not given handball).

I am happy about the fact that southampton had more shots than liVARpool..

Yes the Saonts took it to them… you’d think at 4-0 it was a spanking.. but they were the better side for a lot of it 😖 argh they’re never gonna lose….

6. chukzenith says:

Good to have Auba back he will add fire to the front..
    I wish these guys all the best, go out there and bring us 3points
    Play good football, but bring 3points back home…

I love these guys, and remember we will be standing and singing victory song in support for the team…

7. Samuel says:

Good to have Auba back. I pray he continues chasing the golden-boot
    The Auba,Pepe and Lac combination would be great if these guys could play together and the only person to make it work perfectly is Lac but he’s filled with too much ego and selfishness and Pepe is bent on proving a point… this is killing our chances upfront
    I Love the way Auba plays. He really deserves that armband