Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has praised the attitude and professionalism shown by Alexis Sanchez, whilst admitting the Chilean could well feature this weekend despite his situation.
The 29 year-old is out of contract this summer, and has resigned himself to leaving the club in search of pastures new, and has been deep in talks with Manchester United about a move all this week.
The forward had been firmly expected to become a Manchester City player, with many reports claiming his priority was to be reunited with former manager Pep Guardiola, but it now looks as good as a done deal that he will move to the red side of the city instead.
Mkhitaryan is believed to be moving in the opposite direction, and it has been claimed that the deal has been delayed by some minor details, including the agents fees, which has put an end to talks until next week it seems.
Arsene Wenger has now moved to declare Alexis Sanchez available to feature for his side this weekend against Crystal Palace, a move which could well anger Jose Mourinho, especially if the player was to play and fall foul of injury.
The Frenchman also moved to praised the professionalism shown by his wantaway star, with him said to be giving 100% in training this week despite the distractions.
“His attitude has been outstanding with us,” he said.
“He was in training on Wednesday, fully committed and prepared 100 per cent. One thing you cannot question about Alexis Sanchez is his professionalism and his commitment.”
Despite Wenger refusing to rule out Alexis’ involvement this weekend, I’m fully expecting him to be left out of the squad. Would Arsene really field him in the current situation?